Liberty Tree Menu Is Changing This Week

I just read this thread today and have canceled my ADR for January 12th for lunch. The only reason we go to LTT is so my husband can get the pot roast and I like the salad, but not with salmon. I think we'll just go with CS that day. More time for rides on a not so busy week at the World. I will send an email to Disney as well.

I've seen several people state they had planned to order the salad, but don't want salmon. The pasta has grilled chicken. I'm sure they'd have no problem making a substitution.

Last edited:
This a copy of a post I just made, the place has just collapsed, the staff seemed either to not care or just be completely overwhelmed, worst Disney staff interaction I have ever had:

So we'd had LTT booked since 180 days out and planned all our fastpasses around it for the day, was really looking forward to it.
THEN they changed the menu and took all the good things away, apart from the toffee cake. We thought about cancelling but we were on DDP so decided to stay with it and give it a chance.and
Turned up to our reservation yesterday to about 100 really annoyed looking people waiting around - bad omen, went to check in realising that they were way behind, we checked in to be told to expect AT LEAST a 30-40minute delay in seating us but we had to stay in the holding pen.

This was too much time for us so we said we would like to cancel, to which their frankly awful front of house lady gladly told me she would charge me a no-show fee for cancelling my ADR last minute! She argued that it was my fault they were late, for at least a few minutes, because the menu change has affected them too and I should have anticipated disruption to my ADR time. Thankfully after asking for a manager he quickly agreed that 40 minutes past ADR time was ridiculous and let us go to CHH for a lovely quick service meal with no charge.

Sad to say I will never be going back there. And I hope Disney does some better front of house training soon

OMG, that is ridiculous. They wanted to charge you because THEY were running 30-40 minutes behind? Thankfully the manager had a brain. Wow, Disney bad training your employees.

If an adult wanted to order from the kids menu would they accommodate you here? Not interested in eating a huge portion for lunch. :guilty:

When I was there last year I ordered the kids sized pot roast with no issues - the server said it was fine as long as I wasn't using a dining plan.

DOH!!!!!!!! I just saw this thread. Bummer. We've only eaten at LTT for dinner in the past and decided to book a lunch for our January trip just to save a few bucks and to try something different. I went to MDE to look at the menu and it didn't list a price for the AYCE so I called Disney Dining. The girl told me it's $37.20 for dinner but didn't have a price for lunch. Is it the same regardless? :sad2: I was disappointed in the very short list of offerings for the A La Carte entrees. Not sure what to do as far as keeping the res or not. We always used to go to The Plaza as our go-to TS restaurant in MK and never used to have a problem finding an opening but I have not been able to find one there for this trip. Crazy. We like Tony's OK but I already have Via Napoli & Mama Melrose booked on other days so that's enough Italian... We weren't that impressed with Skippers last January when we tried it...although now they've added the TIW card so the check wouldn't sting as bad.

I just saw this thread about the menu change. What a bummer! If I am not on the dining plan I wonder if I can order my favorite pot roast off of the kids menu?

I've seen several people state they had planned to order the salad, but don't want salmon. The pasta has grilled chicken. I'm sure they'd have no problem making a sustitution.

I hope you are right, my favorite dish there is the colony salad but made with the chicken. We are planning on going there for lunch in June, I will be definitely asking if they can subsitute the salmon for the chicken :goodvibes.

We ate there on our Nov. trip when they had a soft opening last year before they reopened. IT was a new menu then!!We just ate there again this Oct. and we really like the menu. They better keep the pot roast, and the Thanksgiving meal. :( I love the new Boston Cream cake dessert and the corn fritters too.

I about rioted when they got rid of the fried cheese and the caramel apple tart. I went back just because DH wanted the pot roast but if it weren't for that I wouldn't have bothered. If they dumb it down even more we won't be back. Period.
We loved that fried cheese and it has been gone for a long while now.

I've seen several people state they had planned to order the salad, but don't want salmon. The pasta has grilled chicken. I'm sure they'd have no problem making a substitution.

But they used to differentiate the price for salmon and chicken because salmon is the more expensive meat. Now they just charge the salmon price for both which just irks me. another money grab.

FWIW, I always ordered the salmon. So I'm not against paying more for more product . But I shouldn't have to if I want the chicken.

But they used to differentiate the price for salmon and chicken because salmon is the more expensive meat. Now they just charge the salmon price for both which just irks me. another money grab.

FWIW, I always ordered the salmon. So I'm not against paying more for more product . But I shouldn't have to if I want the chicken.

I agree. I don't eat salmon anyhow but the extra $2 with chicken is an awful lot for a salad.

From experience, WDW menu changes include price increases. To be honest, most of the complaints appear to be rooted in the price increase. If the AYCTE was priced at $20, this would become the new Le Cellier. I'd be surprised if they took the complaints seriously for this reason, but I hope those who really enjoyed eating lunch here previously can find a solution that works for them. That is why I recommended asking for a chicken substitution. I wouldn't expect much of a price decrease though. That's not the way Disney does things.

We ate here in the Spring after eating here for lunch every trip and said never again. I'm a food allergy person but fairly easy to deal with and I have been there so many times I know exactly what I want and how to order it. I ended up with turkey as it should have been, dairy free potatoes with no seasoning at all (no dairy allergy), gluten free stuffing (no gluten allergy), and special gluten free gravy poured all over it that was disgusting and I had ordered it without gravy directly from the chef. I asked for him to come back out because I was worried the gravy wasn't safe (still not sure nor was he but he said it was listed as allergy safe) and he said it would be an hour wait to get another plate. I picked at what I was served but said never again. I'm allergic to beans and soy protein. I just needed a plate with no beans and no gravy---not that hard. We also waited over 30 mins to be seated. If they can't manage their full menu without getting behind (sounds like they are still behind) then take less reservations per day. I could see doing this streamlined menu during the holiday rush but other times during the year it is nice having a few sit down meals that are a la carte. We can tolerate a buffet about once per trip so we end up eating a lot of TS at resorts.

Well...that's it for us then. This most recent dumbing down is an absolute deal breaker. Gee, a cheeseburger? Where CAN'T you get a cheeseburger in WDW? I'm surprised they didn't wipe every last thing off the dessert menu and put a cupcake on it.

Has anybody been able to confirm that this change did not happen? Was going to skip LTT at dinner because of the change above, will add it back in if it is still prime rib, pork, and turkey.

We ate there this past Tuesday on party night and it was the turkey, prime rib, and pork. Both meal and service were good.

Well...that's it for us then. This most recent dumbing down is an absolute deal breaker. Gee, a cheeseburger? Where CAN'T you get a cheeseburger in WDW? I'm surprised they didn't wipe every last thing off the dessert menu and put a cupcake on it.

I've seen a couple people in this thread mention the burger. Was there not a burger on the menu prior to the most recent changes? My son and I have eaten lunch at LTT several times, most recently this past June. I know he would have ordered a burger or a steak (as he does everywhere). I don't see a steak on the menu, so either there was one that isn't there anymore, or the burger has been on the menu for a while.

I've seen a couple people in this thread mention the burger. Was there not a burger on the menu prior to the most recent changes? My son and I have eaten lunch at LTT several times, most recently this past June. I know he would have ordered a burger or a steak (as he does everywhere). I don't see a steak on the menu, so either there was one that isn't there anymore, or the burger has been on the menu for a while.

The burger was there, but there were other sandwich options. Now it's shrimp pasta, chicken pasta, burger, salad w/salmon or the AYCTE platter. I'm assuming the posters just meant with so few options why make one a burger? That was my take on it at least.

DOH!!!!!!!! I just saw this thread. Bummer. We've only eaten at LTT for dinner in the past and decided to book a lunch for our January trip just to save a few bucks and to try something different. I went to MDE to look at the menu and it didn't list a price for the AYCE so I called Disney Dining. The girl told me it's $37.20 for dinner but didn't have a price for lunch. Is it the same regardless? :sad2: I was disappointed in the very short list of offerings for the A La Carte entrees. Not sure what to do as far as keeping the res or not. We always used to go to The Plaza as our go-to TS restaurant in MK and never used to have a problem finding an opening but I have not been able to find one there for this trip. Crazy. We like Tony's OK but I already have Via Napoli & Mama Melrose booked on other days so that's enough Italian... We weren't that impressed with Skippers last January when we tried it...although now they've added the TIW card so the check wouldn't sting as bad.

You can still go to the Plaza . You cant find a reservation because there is only an hour of the day they accept them, otherwise it is walk up now.

From experience, WDW menu changes include price increases. To be honest, most of the complaints appear to be rooted in the price increase. If the AYCTE was priced at $20, this would become the new Le Cellier. I'd be surprised if they took the complaints seriously for this reason, but I hope those who really enjoyed eating lunch here previously can find a solution that works for them. That is why I recommended asking for a chicken substitution. I wouldn't expect much of a price decrease though. That's not the way Disney does things.

For me it is not the price increase..as in I cant afford it..it is that if you want turkey you are forced to spend big $$$ and order an AYCE meal super heavy at lunch and the reducing of choices. For me one meal needs to be lighter and if I want heavy it is dinner when I am not rushing about in the heat and riding rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter