• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Liberty Tree Menu Is Changing This Week

We like a la carte.

We prefer a la carte too. We only go to one or two character buffets/AYCTE breakfasts per trip. We are not used to eating that much food, especially between walking around the parks all day. We only have one course usually then grab a snack as dessert when we are hungry again. So for us, $33 is too much to pay for our small lunch

Disney is sure doing a great job pushing extremely unhealthy eating. Very hard to find lunch anymore, an entrée salad? Huge deserts pushed at dinner, and don't get me started on the increasingly growing trend of desert parties.

We love going to wdw. We just vacation differently now. We spend much of the day at the pool of our offsite resort and enjoy lunch outside the park. And would never ever even consider the dining plan. But we can do this. Been so many times and no kids. I feel for those who have to navigate feeding a family three meals at the parks.

It is not a matter of money. It is about healthy choices and sheer volume of food. I do not want to end my vacation sick and bloated.

Please bring back simple lunches!

This breaks my heart. We scheduled a late lunch at LTT for the day of our MVMCP because it would be just like the holidays with the food and family style serving...sigh.

This breaks my heart. We scheduled a late lunch at LTT for the day of our MVMCP because it would be just like the holidays with the food and family style serving...sigh.

We did this, a late lunch for the Halloween Party. I told DH its a good thing we went on this trip. If we go back to LTT it will be for desert only.

We were there this past Sunday and so disappointed. This was a must do on every trip for nearly 20 years now. We ate there also a week prior with the old menu. We were not happy and stuck it out. Got the burger and it was just ok. Nothing to make the effort for again. We were not happy when the table next to us were offered the turkey and pot roast off the kids menu at a larger size. We would've like that option, but no kids in our party. This is probably a temporary offer right now. We tried to not be grumpy for our server since it was not his fault. We did tell him that this was our last time eating there. He said he was sorry.....he also said folks coming in were not happy about the menu change. Our short dining list just got shorter....we don't do any buffet dining. We like a la carte.

Write and let Disney know. Can't say this enough..if those truly unhappy write in a thoughful manner..it can make a difference. You might also mention they should be asking the servers what feedback they are getting..as I am sure they are getting an earful!

We prefer a la carte too. We only go to one or two character buffets/AYCTE breakfasts per trip. We are not used to eating that much food, especially between walking around the parks all day. We only have one course usually then grab a snack as dessert when we are hungry again. So for us, $33 is too much to pay for our small lunch

Thats it for me too. I dont want that great big feed at lunch when I'm in the middle of touring the park..bleh!! We are doing Garden Grill for Brekkie once with a main focus on being able to be in Epcot before rope drop otherwise I would likely pass on that too!

well i hope people who are not happy let management know. Maybe they will bring back the a la carte options and leave the aycte option as well... if they get rid of the badly reviewed prime rib for pot roast then you could have a lunch portion of turkey, a lunch portion of pot roast, or an all you can eat feast of both plus more for whatever, $13 more. Considering it includes beverage and dessert I think people will still order it, especially on the DDP. I would on the DDP even if I wouldn't eat more than a single platter just for the variety. They probably feel they will lose their leverage to "force" every one at the table to order a meal rather than sharing one turkey dinner but anyone who is going to share a turkey dinner is not going to turn a $20 bill into a $70 one just to have turkey. They are going to go somewhere else so they've lost the sale regardless.

Sometimes Disney does dial back their bad decisions :)

You've hit the nail on the head - they are trying to increase table bills and the easiest way to do it was to remove all the popular shareable items and make someone order a full meal (entree, dessert, bev) each. Even if they lose 2 of 3 $20 tables, if they turn that 3rd $20 table to $70, they come out way ahead. It's cynical, it's anti-guest, but it's the current Disney way...and hurrah, again the Dining Plan "seems" more valuable (of course, that higher tip will hurt)...

Thats it for me too. I dont want that great big feed at lunch when I'm in the middle of touring the park..bleh!! We are doing Garden Grill for Brekkie once with a main focus on being able to be in Epcot before rope drop otherwise I would likely pass on that too!
Us to! We have an 8am PPO at Garden Grill in December, as last year we were able to be first in the queue at Soarin' then used our fastpass for Test Track. Great character interaction, a nice breakfast, and a ride on Soarin', it doesn't get much better than that.

they are trying to increase table bills and the easiest way to do it was to remove all the popular shareable items and make someone order a full meal (entree, dessert, bev) each.

Yeah, but what's their excuse for removing the vegan entrée from the menu? Trust me, nobody in my traveling party ever tried to share that with me. :laughing:

Yeah, but what's their excuse for removing the vegan entrée from the menu? Trust me, nobody in my traveling party ever tried to share that with me. :laughing:

It was only $14 (aka cheapest entree on old menu) - 2 people ordering that and the table is only at $28:)...again, they want to get big checks, so they tossed it...this is cynical me talking...

I know the changes to the lunch menu are not pleasing to those who planned on enjoying lunch there. Our family frequently eats dinner at LTT and we are very happy about the return to the prior AYCTE menu selections. Last year's meal during the change to ham and pot roast was not my favorite. Hope they stick with the sliced pork and beef. Also thrilled about the removal of the dessert tart which was not nearly as delicious as the Johnny Appleseed cake.

I had a LTT reservation made months ago for this past Tuesday for our family trip. DD and I were just there enjoying the pot roast and turkey lunches a few weeks ago. :cloud9: When doing trip planning, I like to read up on the forums, but never in a million years did I think to check the menu of a restaurant we go to each time we visit the park...and has had the same consistent menu. Old reliable.
I was SO looking forward to that pot roast and when we sat down and saw that AYCE menu I just about started bawling. :guilty:
There was NO way any of us could stomach down that much food mid day and at the $33 price for adults and $19(?) for a 4 year old....no way.
Maybe people on the Dining Plan think they are getting their money's worth by choosing that place but heck....you are paying for this one way or another and it is outrageous to pay that much for food you didn't even want.
A quick chat to a manager about my concerns of making sure I wasn't going to be charged the $60 reservation fee after this menu switcheroo which she stated has been happening all day. DH did say as we were walking out how much emptier the tables were. Good. Hope they are noticing that.

The next night we ended up eating in the ASM resort cafeteria for dinner and surprisingly, they had a pot roast and mashed potato dinner as a selection. Pretty darn close. DH said it was spot on. And $10.99. I'll take it.

Were they offering this to the kids or the adults?

They offered the super size kids choices to the adults in the party. There were kids dining so saw the turkey was on the kids menu. I'm sure this may only be temporary because the change was new.

They offered the super size kids choices to the adults in the party. There were kids dining so saw the turkey was on the kids menu. I'm sure this may only be temporary because the change was new.
i'm sure they will do this as long as people keep walking out.

I'm thinking it won't be temporary. Other restaurants at WDW offer this, so why wouldn't they here? Maybe the evil genius plan was to put the really expensive AYCTE option in the menu for those that do really want it or those that don't know any better. Then they took the 2 most popular items on the old menu & left them on the kids menu on purpose. That way, in a real pinch, they could still appease the long time guests that only want those items.

All I know is that I will have my pot roast again. Even if their not encouraging adults to order off the kids menu. I dare them to deny a guest the one meal they had their heart set on eating on Christmas Day. It will be my Christmas miracle (insert evil laugh here)!!!

i'm sure they will do this as long as people keep walking out.

I hope so! This was one of our favorite places. Our list of places we still eat at our down to 5 now. I'm guessing 50s prime time will be next!

This is the response to my email about the changes. The person did not address the situation the menu change has put us in- no available ADR, at a place we want to eat, at a time that works with our fast passes.

Dear ....,

Thank you for your message regarding the Walt Disney World Resort.

From time to time, we make adjustments to our offerings. Although we
understand your disappointment with the recent changes at Liberty Tree
Tavern, we are committed to providing our Guests with new dining options
and offerings along with existing Guest favorites. This is in keeping
with Walt Disney's vision for continuing to grow and evolve giving
Guests a mixture of familiar and new experiences with each visit.
Please know when we receive comments from Guests, such as yours, they
are shared with various areas of our organization. You may also be
assured that your observations have been shared and taken seriously.

Our Guests' feedback, as well as their continued enthusiasm for our
products and services, is very important to us. We genuinely appreciate
the time you took to share your thoughts with us.

Sincerely,

Well, to be fair, they can't necessarily make capacity exist elsewhere when it's already booked and/or overbooked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter