• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Liberty Tree Menu Is Changing This Week

So upset about this. My DH's and my favorite lunch at WDW is LTT. We split the corn fritters, turkey/dressing, and ooey-gooey toffee cake. They even put the turkey/dressing on two separate plates for us. This meal for two costs not much more than the AYCTE option now for one. We don't like to eat that much for lunch. And I'm not interested in going for dinner unless they serve the ooey-gooey toffee cake. We won't be back until next October. Hopefully, they will have it changed back by then!
we LOVED the corn fritters! esp the spicy sauce .. don't flame me, but I wasn't a fan of the ooey gooey toffee cake)

Has anyone tried ordering off the kids menu? The only thing my mom would want is the pot roast, hubby would eat the platter and I would like the mac & cheese as would the kids. If that's not an option I will need to cancel.

Has anyone tried ordering off the kids menu? The only thing my mom would want is the pot roast, hubby would eat the platter and I would like the mac & cheese as would the kids. If that's not an option I will need to cancel.
Ditto! Waiting for the same question to be answered.

I sent an email last week when this came out. Other than the auto-reply, I've not gotten a response.

They usually don't contact you by phone unless you personally had a bad experience. They do send on the feedback though..hoping they get a LOT of it :)

This is a bummer. We have a lunch ADR for Nov. 30th. I will hold onto it for now.... just in case things change back. I'm looking at allears and they have the AYCTE platter but they also have the pot roast and pilgrim's feast and fish and chips, etc.

My girls and I NEED the oooey gooey toffee cake! :P:laughing:

This is a bummer. We have a lunch ADR for Nov. 30th. I will hold onto it for now.... just in case things change back. I'm looking at allears and they have the AYCTE platter but they also have the pot roast and pilgrim's feast and fish and chips, etc.

My girls and I NEED the oooey gooey toffee cake! :P:laughing:
that can't be right. it says it was updated in october, they didn't remove the things that went away.

I wish I'd seen this thread earlier :guilty: I'd booked an ADR (Monday) based on the menu 180 days out. Was so disappointed when I got there and couldn't get what I'd planned on eating...

Also have to say, this is the first time at WDW I have had a long wait for my ADR. I arrived five minutes before and checked in and it was packed in the foyer. The guy next to us got called and we asked how long he had been waiting - based on his feedback they were 40 mins behind. A lot of people cancelled their reservations and left because of how long the wait would be.

I am also waiting to see if ordering the pot roast is still an option. Otherwise, I will have to cancel our ADR. Very bummed about this. :(

From JOSH

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/re...ot-roast-entrees-in-favor-of-all-you-can-eat/

disney_liberty_tree_menu_lunch.jpg

liberty_tree_new_menu_all_you_can_eat_disney.jpg
is this the menu all day or just lunch??

We just tried LTT for the first time in July for lunch and I really enjoyed it... the main reason we did lunch was to avoid the AYCTE. Oh well. :(

RE the Pot Roast - if you are asking if an adult can purchase a child's meal with child portions, then I think most have said they were permitted to in other Disney restaurants. Leaves room for dessert.

BUT if you are asking about them creating an adult version of the meal ... that would be up to the management at the time and I don't think anything you are told on phone or from email will really matter. The restaurant management has decided to remove that from the menu, so I don't see them going out of their way to take a step back. Also it's one thing if using an adult credit but if it's not priced for OOP, how do they handle that if they were to allow for non-DDP guests?

It really looks like they are moving towards an all day menu, maybe the dinner menu all day. It makes for a much efficient kitchen and service. If you truly won't eat what is on the current menu, I would probably cancel and book something else. There really would be no guarantee in advance how restaurant management will handle special requests. They might, they might not, it may depend on the manager of the day.

We were there this past Sunday and so disappointed. This was a must do on every trip for nearly 20 years now. We ate there also a week prior with the old menu. We were not happy and stuck it out. Got the burger and it was just ok. Nothing to make the effort for again. We were not happy when the table next to us were offered the turkey and pot roast off the kids menu at a larger size. We would've like that option, but no kids in our party. This is probably a temporary offer right now. We tried to not be grumpy for our server since it was not his fault. We did tell him that this was our last time eating there. He said he was sorry.....he also said folks coming in were not happy about the menu change. Our short dining list just got shorter....we don't do any buffet dining. We like a la carte.

We were there this past Sunday and so disappointed. This was a must do on every trip for nearly 20 years now. We ate there also a week prior with the old menu. We were not happy and stuck it out. Got the burger and it was just ok. Nothing to make the effort for again. We were not happy when the table next to us were offered the turkey and pot roast off the kids menu at a larger size. We would've like that option, but no kids in our party. This is probably a temporary offer right now. We tried to not be grumpy for our server since it was not his fault. We did tell him that this was our last time eating there. He said he was sorry.....he also said folks coming in were not happy about the menu change. Our short dining list just got shorter....we don't do any buffet dining. We like a la carte.
well i hope people who are not happy let management know. Maybe they will bring back the a la carte options and leave the aycte option as well... if they get rid of the badly reviewed prime rib for pot roast then you could have a lunch portion of turkey, a lunch portion of pot roast, or an all you can eat feast of both plus more for whatever, $13 more. Considering it includes beverage and dessert I think people will still order it, especially on the DDP. I would on the DDP even if I wouldn't eat more than a single platter just for the variety. They probably feel they will lose their leverage to "force" every one at the table to order a meal rather than sharing one turkey dinner but anyone who is going to share a turkey dinner is not going to turn a $20 bill into a $70 one just to have turkey. They are going to go somewhere else so they've lost the sale regardless.

Sometimes Disney does dial back their bad decisions :)

Were they offering this to the kids or the adults?

This is a quick rant not just about the LTT menu change. I don't understand the push of all this heavy food at LUNCHTIME in FLORIDA.
Like someone on the Disney culinary squad remembers it's hot here, right?
It seems every time I turn around, a decent place for lunch is changing their menu to some super heavy, sauce or gravy drowned menu full of items that I might be okay with if I wasn't spending my time before and after the meal WALKING 10 MILES A DAY IN 90 DEGREE WEATHER.

And seriously, keeping pot roast only on the kids menu? I'm not a pot roast person, but it seems like trolling to have a super popular item now only available to children. . .whom I'd never consider the target audience for pot roast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter