• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let's Get Ready to Crumble!- COMPLETED!

We ate at that exact same table at Prime Time!! The kids LOVED it! ANd the pb and J sahke was sooo yummy!

All I can think to add is 'DROOL"!:rotfl:

Oh yes, thank you, thank you!

Slightly Goofy

I thoroughly enjoyed your reviews and pictures - thanks for sharing your dining adventures with us. :)

Thank You for the photos and fun report - It's helping us to plan our next trip!

Welcome to my food review proper!

We've just got back and I can't wait to tell you all about the amazing food we've eaten over the last 17 days. It ranged from good to spectacular to slightly disappointing (where was this? Ah...you'll have to wait to find out!)

Let's get stuck in straight away - no more pre-amble:

Tuesday 10th August:

This was D-day - or should I say WDW Day!

We got up at some ridiculous hour in the middle of the night so we could get to Manchester Airport for 6:30am.

Once there we got all checked in and went for breakfast - we decided to try Frankie and Benny's for a change.

Here are me and Kate looking bleary eyed:

DSCF2652.jpg

And Simon and Sarah looking no better:

DSCF2651.jpg

Kate got an omelette breakfast (which she is modelling here):

DSCF2655.jpg

I got a bog-standard, regular breakfast:

DSCF2657.jpg

Sarah got a pancake and fruit breakfast:

DSCF26532.jpg

And Simon had a big, meaty, manly breakfast:

DSCF2654.jpg

We all enjoyed these breakfasts and agreed that they fortified us for the long day ahead.

Next thing was eight hours on a plane :scared1: which we survived - although the food was not great.

We got sorted at Orlando and went to check in at Old Key West.

We had booked Olivia's that night for convenience. We had eaten at Shutters in 2008 on the first night when we were staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. That had been a great success so we decided to try the same thing at OKW.

We were all very tired and we'd had a few problems with the room so it was really nice to have a lovely sit down and relax at Olivia's - Did we want a booth? Yes please!

Kenny was our server and he was great - he really looked after us. We had some delicious bread and butter to share:

DSCF2669.jpg

And then I ordered the New York Strip steak with Olivia's potatoes and a Cabernet Mushroom sauce:

DSCF2674.jpg

This was tasty and huge! But I did notice the abscence of something on the plate - something green! It was just meat and potatoes, very nice meat and potatoes, but not really a balanced meal. I wasn't complaining though.

The other three all had the roasted chicken breast with port wine balsamic glaze, yukon gold potatoes, frisee and roasted garlic:

DSCF2675.jpg

At least they got some veg (not that they appreciated it!:rotfl:)

Although we were all quite full we simply had to have dessert (especially as it's included on the dining plan ;)):

I had key lime tart:

DSCF2677.jpg

Yummy! But look how ginormous it is! Simon had chocolate cake:

DSCF2679.jpg

Kate had pound cake:

DSCF2678.jpg

And Sarah had New York cheesecake which she must have tucked into before I could take a picture - but here we are together at Olivias:

DSCF2672.jpg

Yeah, still looking a bit sleepy.

We really enjoyed Olivia's and would recommend it to anyone staying at OKW - it's very relaxing and everyone was very friendly. Being on the DDP all we paid for here was the tip.

Side note: When booking all the ADRs Simon had been asked what we were celebrating. Well, we only get to Disney once in a blue moon so we celebrate a whole bunch of stuff - like my 'special' birthday, Sarah finishing her GCSE's, Kate and Simon having their birthdays in July. But this seemed to translate to some restaurants as it being Sarah's birthday (It's in November) and we got quite a few candles and cupcakes as a result. We kept quiet about it and smiled.:)

We had the breakfast @ Olivia's & it was amazing! I'd love to try the dinner @ some point. My hubby would love that steak. :cloud9:

Great start! We've never been to Olivia's and will have to put it on the list. And I'm absolutely fine with NO GREENS on my late. :lmao:
A little off subject: I saw on your review you were staying @ OKW & I just wanna say, I got the banana bread french toast & it was THE BEST breakfast I have ever had. :banana: more like desert rather than breakfast. :cutie:

Olivia's was wonderful - just what we needed after a VERY long journey!

The breakfast we had there was great too.

If we stay at OKW again, we would definitely have at least one meal at Olivia's.

Although - I do have one question about the menu - what exactly are conch fritters and what do they taste like?

Olivia's was wonderful - just what we needed after a VERY long journey!

The breakfast we had there was great too.

If we stay at OKW again, we would definitely have at least one meal at Olivia's.

Although - I do have one question about the menu - what exactly are conch fritters and what do they taste like?

A traditional Key West recipe that is made with conch, a shellfish. They are fried but I have never had them before. When I was in Key West I wanted to try them, :yay:but was having too much fun & forgot. :rolleyes1So I don't know what they taste like. :confused3 I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip to OKW!!!

A traditional Key West recipe that is made with conch, a shellfish. They are fried but I have never had them before. When I was in Key West I wanted to try them, :yay:but was having too much fun & forgot. :rolleyes1So I don't know what they taste like. :confused3 I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip to OKW!!!

Thank you! I thought they must be something like that. I've seen a photo of them and they look really nice.

If we ever get back to WDW (fingers crossed!) we would definitely stay at OKW - it was so relaxing and laid back. And the rooms were so comfy.

Thanks for reading - it all seems like so long ago now. We've just been to visit my in-laws who have come back from 3 weeks in WDW! Of course, all I wanted to hear about was the food!:lmao:

Great report! So glad you had many wonderful dining experiences! Really looking forward to Jiko especially now :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter