** Lets Chat - Daily Chit Chat**

Yes its been a bad couple of weeks with so many sad celebrity deaths, first Lemmy, then Bowie, the brilliant Alan Rickman and I just heard that Celine Dion's husband as also passed, all due to the dreaded Cancer, I pray one day we find a cure for this dam killer disease.:sad1:

So very true, I have lost several relatives and friends to it over the past couple of years :sad1: Also see it a lot in my job, that along with dementia its a cruel disease

I'm very cold today but at least the evenings are getting lighter.

I went to get new passport photos today. I look very fierce in them but the worst bit is that I look just like the photos!

That made me laugh, Libby! :teeth: I was showing my passport as ID at Sea World years ago when I was signing a travellers cheque to pay for the girls to have their hair braided, I looked a bit fierce in my passport photo too and the lady laughed so much at it that she dropped half her beads all over the place. Well, they always told us not to smile and to look serious! :rotfl2:

I'm very cold today but at least the evenings are getting lighter.

I went to get new passport photos today. I look very fierce in them but the worst bit is that I look just like the photos!

:rotfl: I hate that you can't smile in driving licence photos now either, at least work only have to see it every time I need to do a CRB form

Woo hoo, I passed the 200 figure a few days ago! It's been nothing but holiday planning in our house the last week - one DD is off to Majorca, another is off to northern Spain to visit her boyfriend who's studying out there and the other one is off to southern Italy.

I'm so jealous of everyone going off to warmer places... I swear I look so pasty at the moment. Lack of sun and cold weather makes for very white skin!

Still i'm sure they'll all have an amazing time... Its always such a nice feeling when you get down to double digits. yey :D

I've been looking for a house to buy. Its so difficult and there doesn't seem to be much in the areas I'm looking in... every house I've rang up about is either sold or about to be.... booooo.

Still i hope everyone is well and enjoying life!

I've been looking for a house to buy. Its so difficult and there doesn't seem to be much in the areas I'm looking in... every house I've rang up about is either sold or about to be.... booooo.
House buying is so difficult, compounded by already having a seller for your current house!!

House buying is so difficult, compounded by already having a seller for your current house!!

Agreed! Although fortunately we are 1st time buyers and renting at the moment so thank goodness we don't have to worry about that too!

We bought our house 28 years ago and I still remember the pain of being in a very slow moving chain.

I can't believe it's February already and the daffodils are already coming into bloom.

We spent the weekend making plans for our holiday in August to Canada - I can't wait!

Ohh... Canada. I've always wanted to go there. Have you been before?

I sympathise - my middle DD is looking for a house and finding exactly the same ..... hopefully it's the time of year and more will come on the market in the next month or two.
We spent the weekend making plans for our holiday in August to Canada - I can't wait!
Very exciting Libby, what are your plans?

This will be my first trip. :):):)

We are flying to Calgary and then spending a week driving across the Rocky Mountains to Vancouver. Then spending a week in Vancouver including some time with my aunt.

That sounds amazing! I hope you post some pictures, Canada is beautiful. Well, if the Internet is anything to go by.

Well I've been having a rubbish week. The boiler has died for the 2nd time. And I mean completely dead... it died on Tuesday and they fixed it Wednesday. Now it's died again today. Sigh...

This is why I'm buying a house... it's too long winded to get anything repaired in a rental. Fingers crossed they'll either replace the boiler or fix it again.

I hope your boiler gets fixed soon. We really should replace ours as it's 28 years old! But it has never given us any problems and in that time my mum is onto her 3rd boiler. (Mind you I could say the same about our fridge and cooker - I think I'm getting old ... "they don't make things like they used to ..." :):):))

Good morning. Another chilly morning. I'm on half term from work. I'd like to say I was enjoying it but I'm still sore from my visit to the hygienist yesterday.

I'm hoping to get a day in London today with DD. What are you all up to?

Morning all

Libby have a great day in London, Im hoping to get up there soon to see my daughter as well. She is busy working on a new drama series at the moment, but hoping to catch some time with her soon.

What are your plans today, shopping? Eating? Drinking?
All the above? Have a great day and hope your mouth feels better soon:goodvibes

We had a lovely day yesterday. Didn't go with any firm plans and were a bit later than we usually are getting there because DD had booked a driving lesson for 9:30am.

We got to London just before 12 and went straight to Leicester Square to check out the films for the evening but there was nothing we both fancied seeing so we had the bright idea to see if we could get tickets for a show instead. (Bank of mum funded!)

We got tickets to see the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.

Then we grabbed a sandwich and coffee from Pret a Manger which we ate in Leicester Square before walking around the corner to the National Gallery. We hired audio guides which were £4 each - not a lot when you haven't actually paid to get in and they open up so much information about the pictures.

After a couple of hours of culture (and a cup of tea) we headed out to do a bit of shopping (mostly book shops and The Forbidden Planet) before having tea at a Bella Pasta near the theatre.

The show was amazing. I can see why it has won so many awards. (I can also see why the tickets said "not suitable for under 11s" as the dead dog and bad (but in character) language might be a bit too much for them.)

It's just a shame the trains at Waterloo were in a bit of a mess so we didn't get home until nearly midnight. But it was a very good day. :)

Glad you had a lovely time in London, Libby. I love going up there and just seeing what tickets are available for the shows, don't do it as much as mainly used to go with my sister and she has kids now who wouldn't appreciate it.

I have a few days off work so have been catching up with friends and working on my course I need to do for work if I want to go on to be a paramedic. I also hope to boo a holiday to NYC soon, I nagged my friend who is meant to be going too to book his leave, I said I would do it for him if he doesn't :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter