Laid off--Support thread

Update on my situation, I got the job. It's not the ideal situation being 600 miles away during the week from my family, but it makes sleeping easier at night knowing if my husband loses his job we'll be okay. Thanks for all the cross fingers and good wishes. Hoping everybody else here gets good news.

Briarrose, I'm glad that you're feeling good about the financial end of the situation. Hopefully, being away from home during the week won't last too long.

Just got word yesterday that at least one of my two part-time jobs will be eliminated at the end of the school year in June.:mad: The school is cutting 19 positions so far, with another 1 million dollars of cuts on the way. :eek:

Potentially good news for us...

DH has been out of work for almost 2 years. This Sunday he files for his last unemployment check. Today he got a call with a job offer! The job pays 25% less than what he was making before and he has to pass a background check, but an actual offer! He's had so many good interviews that didn't pan out, we didn't get our hopes up. This couldn't have come at a better time!

Just hope he passes the background check.

Good Luck on passing the background check. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'm hoping we are really coming out of the recession.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter