Keurig

I have the K575 2.0 model, and have had no problems using off branded pods. I've used everything from Keurig to Aldi pods and they all work just fine. I've also got several refillable pods that work.

My favorites are Crazy Cups - they come in all kinds of flavors, and I managed to find them on clearance awhile back for what amounted to about .10/pod. I've also found that a 10oz cup is just fine, but I'm not a coffee snob. I'll drink anything. lol

I haven't looked at the ads, but Black Friday should bring a bunch of decent deals on coffee makers.

You sure made it sound like all coffee from a Keurig is weak in this post below, and that you knew from experience.

Its super weak. Much weaker than even Gas Station Coffee.

Also if he drinks more than a cup, 5 to 6 ozs not 8, and you don't have a pod mug machine that uses more expensive larger pods, its even weaker. So for a 12oz mug you would need two K cups and still have a weak mug of coffee.

There are a few K-cup brands that I dislike because they are too strong. There are some that are too weak. I've never made a cup under 10oz since it isn't enough in the morning.
Given the choices, pretty much anyone, even coffee snobs could find one they like.

Yes I have had many cups of coffee from a Keurig and its always been weak for me, weaker than coffee I get anytime I order or get coffee out. If it has this feature I hit the Strong button but its still weaker than any other coffee I drink.

Some people prefer not very strong coffee, aka weak. I once worked somewhere where the boss's recipe was three scant coffee scoops for a 12 cup pot, half to a quarter of what is recommended.

Speaking of pod coffee machines I once dodged a bullet. When Macy's converted/closed all the Kaufmann's stores I once saw a Bosh Tassimo machine for $50 when it was normally maybe $120. I haven't seen a tassimo pod in stores for awhile. I know they are still around but hard to find since Keurig is even pushing out non pod coffee from the store shelves.

Weak is a relative term.

But I can't imagine 10 ozs of coffee coming out of one of those little pods that has less than the amount of coffee most directions say is for a 6 oz cup (one to two tablespoons).

Weak is absolutely a relative term, which is why it's pointless to tell someone all Keurig coffee is too weak. What's too weak for you may not be too weak for someone else. My ex-inlaws brewed coffee so light you could see through it. That was too weak for me. It wasn't too weak for them.

That would likely be my choice. However I have started looking at some 4 cup drip models instead of keirig. My son is not a name brand snob at all. So we will see what I end up with!

If you go with drip he will learn how to make coffee. It's amazing how many people do not know how.

Speaking of pod coffee machines I once dodged a bullet. When Macy's converted/closed all the Kaufmann's stores I once saw a Bosh Tassimo machine for $50 when it was normally maybe $120. I haven't seen a tassimo pod in stores for awhile. I know they are still around but hard to find since Keurig is even pushing out non pod coffee from the store shelves.

Years and years ago, before even Keurig came out, I was given a Senseo machine as part of a survey study. Those pods (very similar to the pods most hotels have - just an enclosed coffee filter) were never easy to find, and were always expensive. They didn't last long after Keurig hit shelves. And yet, for some reason, I still have the machine. Maybe time to clean out some cabinets. lol

To each their own but when I was shopping single serve coffee makers I was originally going to get a Keurig but quickly changed my mind. They're at least double the price of other machines that do the same thing and give far fewer options. No off brand pods on newer machines, only pods no grounds? No thanks.

I went with a Hamilton Beach. Grounds or pods and about $35 I believe. My dad has the larger version that can do pods or grounds and can and so do single cup or pot.

To each their own but when I was shopping single serve coffee makers I was originally going to get a Keurig but quickly changed my mind. They're at least double the price of other machines that do the same thing and give far fewer options. No off brand pods on newer machines, only pods no grounds? No thanks.

I went with a Hamilton Beach. Grounds or pods and about $35 I believe. My dad has the larger version that can do pods or grounds and can and so do single cup or pot.

This isn't directed to you, I'm just putting it out there for those who are interested in a Keurig.

I use an "off brand" in my Keurig 2.0 just fine. If one doesn't work, there is a super quick and easy fix on youtube for it.
And you can use your own ground coffee with the 2.0 as well
http://www.keurig.com/Accessories/Keurig®-2-0-My-K-Cup®-Reusable-Coffee-Filter/p/keurig-2-0-my-k-cup

We tried some dunken donuts decaf k-cups this weekend and seemed to have problems with grounds in my coffee. Almost every k-cup has been defective.

My brother bought him a regular 5 cup drip coffee maker. It's a farberware. He seems happy with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter