Keeping Ukraine in our thoughts and prayers here

I have been praying for the leaders, fighters and people of Ukraine for days.

My heart goes out to President Zelensky, and to the heroes who are doing all they can to slow the progression of this attack, like the young man who blew himself up with the bridge yesterday. Unimaginable.

I am moved by so many of their senior citizens taking up arms.

My husbands family are Ukrainian. His grandfather immigrated here after living through the Holodomor. Many of his family did not live.

My husband has always told a story about asking Nono when he was little if he was Russian or Ukrainian. Nono got very angry and said “I AM UKRAINE!!! YOU ARE UKRAINE!!”.

My husband being Canadian and living in a place of peace and prosperity and freedom never understood why Nono got so angry about that question. Now he does.

Godspeed to Ukraine and all it’s people.

My next-door neighbor Ukrainian. Her parents (who have since passed), met in a labor camp where they were held until they were liberated. They emigrated here in the early 50s. She's been so upset as she still has many cousins in Ukraine. It's really inspiring seeing ordinary civilians signing up by the thousands to take up arms to protect their homeland. I hope they continue to fight!

My heart goes out to the Ukranian people. I saw a video of a father saying goodby to his wife and daughter because he was staying behind to fight. He was tearing up but trying to be brave for them, but then the little girl gave him a drawing and he just started sobbing. She had to be practically pried from his arms to be put on the bus. It broke my heart.

My heart goes out to the Ukranian people. I saw a video of a father saying goodby to his wife and daughter because he was staying behind to fight. He was tearing up but trying to be brave for them, but then the little girl gave him a drawing and he just started sobbing. She had to be practically pried from his arms to be put on the bus. It broke my heart.

Men are no longer allowed to leave so that is a heartbreaking scene being played over-and-over.

I have been praying for the leaders, fighters and people of Ukraine for days.

My heart goes out to President Zelensky, and to the heroes who are doing all they can to slow the progression of this attack, like the young man who blew himself up with the bridge yesterday. Unimaginable.

I am moved by so many of their senior citizens taking up arms.

Women of all ages are also taking up arms. Lots of bravery on display for the world to see.

So very sad, such a very cruel despot, interested only in himself.

As a supportive citizen of the world here, I can only give my prayers and vocal support to the Ukrainians fight.

Reminds me somewhat of the Hungarian Uprising of 1956. Though this is not a Ukrainian uprising, they were living in peace and not bothering others. But as in 1956, the Russians came in and mercilessly crushed the citizens of Hungary. I was 12 years old at the time, and many of the visuals from then, I will never forget.

I’m happy to see this thread at last. I was going to create one but was pulled away from the computer. It’s heartbreaking to see what is happening there (and in Russia itself to demonstrators) knowing that there is unfortunately very little we can do at this point OTHER than hope and pray for Ukraine. (Giving money or even arms at this point is pretty pointless since they can’t get to the Ukrainian military in the middle of the fight!)

My husband points out that Putin will never be able to control a population that doesn’t want to be governed by Russia, but I fear that he could be wrong. If Putin manages to kill the current Ukrainian President and install someone of his own choosing, it will at the very least make things extremely volatile for everyone there. I’ll continue to pray that Kyiv can hold out until some sort of cease-fire and talks are called. They are certainly putting up a great and courageous fight.

I liked the response of about a dozen Ukrainian soldiers who were on a small island and were ordered to surrender.

You can probably google it. Snake Island.

I wanted the Ukrainian president t0 say the same thing to Putin. As well as other world leaders.

Facebook gave me a 3 day jail sentence for saying Putin needs to be assassinated. "Inciting violence," they say. :sad2: But they're quite OK with Russian trolls and bots praising the invasion, some with violent threats.

So very sad, such a very cruel despot, interested only in himself.

As a supportive citizen of the world here, I can only give my prayers and vocal support to the Ukrainians fight.

Reminds me somewhat of the Hungarian Uprising of 1956. Though this is not a Ukrainian uprising, they were living in peace and not bothering others. But as in 1956, the Russians came in and mercilessly crushed the citizens of Hungary. I was 12 years old at the time, and many of the visuals from then, I will never forget.

I wasn't born yet, but the same thing happened in Czechoslovakia in 1968. Coincidentally both were Olympic years and there were incidents at the Games.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter