Keeping Ukraine in our thoughts and prayers here

Aren’t the Russian tv stations all controlled by the state?
They are. There are many videos on YouTube and elsewhere showing protests taking place in Russia. They have already been warned that they will be arrested and I hate to think about how they will probably be treated. I believe that most Russians are against this.

I am so broken for what is going on. Watching non stop, and I have to take a break.
My Mother re-married to the most caring human being EVER, I was already 18, but he had been my step-father since I was 13. He was also Poppa to my children, he was born in Ukraine, lived through so much already. This man was a pure saint. He loved her so much he died 5 days later (double funeral) Wed,the 24th was the 6th anniversary of his passing.
He has 3 sisters still living in Lviv. Nobody has had contact since Tuesday. I tried calling, texting, nothing. Worried beyond worried. 🥺

These images are bone chilling, and I can’t even begin to imagine the fear, the despair, and I almost wish I could go and help, to do anything, just something to help.

I am glad the internet in Ukraine has continued to be up so that the world has seen the bravery of not only President Zelensky but also the Ukranian military and citizenry
Elon Musk is setting up his satellite system for them to use if they lose theirs.
I am so broken for what is going on. Watching non stop, and I have to take a break.
My Mother re-married to the most caring human being EVER, I was already 18, but he had been my step-father since I was 13. He was also Poppa to my children, he was born in Ukraine, lived through so much already. This man was a pure saint. He loved her so much he died 5 days later (double funeral) Wed,the 24th was the 6th anniversary of his passing.
He has 3 sisters still living in Lviv. Nobody has had contact since Tuesday. I tried calling, texting, nothing. Worried beyond worried. 🥺

These images are bone chilling, and I can’t even begin to imagine the fear, the despair, and I almost wish I could go and help, to do anything, just something to help.
He sounds like a wonderful man. I’m sorry this has added to your distress. I hope you can get in touch with them soon and find that they’re safe. Godspeed. :flower3:

Elon Musk is setting up his satellite system for them to use if they lose theirs.

He sounds like a wonderful man. I’m sorry this has added to your distress. I hope you can get in touch with them soon and find that they’re safe. Godspeed. :flower3:

THANK YOU, he truly was. He treated my Mother Like a Queen, and she really deserved it. He was amazing to me and the kids, they adored him.

Thank you 😍. I have to learn to detach from this. Easier said than done , right 🥰

Aren’t the Russian tv stations all controlled by the state?
There was an article in the Dutch new about this. Over 80% gets their news from television, which is state owned, and only 3% is on social media like Twitter where outside news is coming in.

In an interview with a Russian actor living in the Netherlands, he spoke of how he was having a hard time talking to his mother in Russia as she believed everything Putin tells her.

Social media and internet have made war much harder to justify as people know much better now what is going on else where. And why it so important that politicians and celebrities in Russia speak out against it. Because they have their own influence on (young) people.

Every dictator lives in constant fear of their own people because they know one they will turn against them.

I wonder what they even know about what’s happening? I just happen to be in Cuba right now and there are 3 Russian language channels on TV. Now, of course I don’t know the language or how representative these channels are of what is available there but not one of them is showing coverage of the current crisis. :scratchin

Varadero?? Have a good time. I was there in 2002.

Such a terrible thing, I thought the world put all this stuff to bed long ago so it's odd to see antique ideas pulled out from the attic and dusted off like it's reasonable. Can't make heads or tails of the mothballed old world vitriol suddenly waking from a coma like it's 1985 again, surreal is an understatement.

Praying for people to stay safe & reason to be restored.

My stepfather's family was from Pavlohrad, and even though they are all gone now, this hits too close to home.

It's just so surreal and heartbreaking. But I am absolutely stunned and humbled by the bravery of the Ukranian people. And the world is uniting around them in a way I never dreamed possible in this polarized modern age. I can't predict what's going to happen, but I keep thinking about the fact that Russia did back down to the Irish fishermen a few weeks ago...so anything is possible.

In an international relations class I took years ago, the professor posed a question: What do you think would have been different if the internet and social media was around in 1939? I think we're seeing that right now, in how one story of courage snowballs into inspiration for others to stand strong and in how the public opinion of the world has coalesced against the invasion. Resistance is more powerful when it is united and I think our age of instant communication is doing a lot to assure those standing against Russia in the Ukraine that they're not alone.

In an international relations class I took years ago, the professor posed a question: What do you think would have been different if the internet and social media was around in 1939? I think we're seeing that right now, in how one story of courage snowballs into inspiration for others to stand strong and in how the public opinion of the world has coalesced against the invasion. Resistance is more powerful when it is united and I think our age of instant communication is doing a lot to assure those standing against Russia in the Ukraine that they're not alone.
Agree. Condoleezza Rice mentioned that in a very interesting in-depth interview on Fox yesterday, specifically talking about Russia. She said the Russian government may control the news outlets and TV, but nobody under 40 in Russia watches TV -- they get their news from the Internet. As usual Ms. Rice had a number of very insightful observations, including that she's never seen Putin this erratic before.

Interesting 11-minute interview and here's a link: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/condoleezza-rice-putin-russia-erratic-ukraine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter