Keep Calm and Go to Disney! 10/21 - 11/4/14 COMPLETE

Looks like the tequila pairing event was quite different, in a good way! I am not a tequila fan (I like it in margaritas, but could never do a tequila flight..) but it still looks like everything was paired really well.

Our 180 days is coming up and I am thinking we'll try to do the Parisian breakfast. Do you know if this is something available at 180 days, or is it something I should watch out for as the weeks pass and the F&W details are released!?

I'm surprised your husband was able to walk out of that place without staggering after drinking all that Tequilla. :rotfl: I love Mexican food, but I'm sure I would feel the same as you, the offerings just don't have a lot of appeal to me. I don't care for fatty meats like pork belly and just don't care for the taste or texture of octopus. :sad2:

Wow what an amazing breakfast! I loooove mimosas. Oh by the way had to shift our dates for next week so not leaving until the 12th at 4:00PM. Not sure what time you are getting in and what your plans are but we will be at DT Disney and Boardwalk that final day.

Sorry Lori, I just realized that I missed this post. Unfortunately we are driving from Illinois this time and as of now are starting out on the morning of the 12th. Which means at 4:00 that day we will probably be singing the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. :laughing: Darn!! :sad2: If our plans should change though and we end up leaving on Monday, I'll send you a text. Is your number the same as it was during your live reporting days? ;)

I'm glad you found Donald! The meal looks good along with a lot of alcohol. It does seem like your husband enjoyed it.

My original plan was to have lunch from the booths, so this meal worked far better with him. He would not have liked having to stand in the long Saturday lines at the booths and I'm sure he would have grumbled about the prices. No lines with the tequila pairing lunch and since I pre-paid when I booked it, he had no idea how much it cost. ;)

Those pictures of Boulangerie Patisserie have me drooling. I miss it already.

It's too bad you didn't enjoy your lunch but at least DH could finish it off for you.

I was very happy to have him along. Not only did I enjoy his company but I would have felt really bad leaving all that food and tequila behind. ;)

Da-na-na-na-na TEQUILA!!!!!! Great post for a little pre cinco de mayo party.

Love your three caballeros pics. The movie was on tv a few weeks back and it was the first time I'd ever seen it. The caballeros are only a small part of the movie, so we had to fast forward so my daughter could see the guys from the boat ride with the volcano and the restaurant we ate at ; )

I'm with you on tequila. I love it in my margarita, but want no part of it otherwise.

And I'm with you in fatty meat too, filet mignon all the way for me. Though I must confess I love octopus ; )

Thanks again for making me feel like I was taking shots right along with ya. Speaking of which, was the hubby in an extra good mood after dinner ; )

Oh yes, filet mignon! :goodvibes I would have had no problem at all eating that if they'd served it. :thumbsup2

Looks like the tequila pairing event was quite different, in a good way! I am not a tequila fan (I like it in margaritas, but could never do a tequila flight..) but it still looks like everything was paired really well.

Our 180 days is coming up and I am thinking we'll try to do the Parisian breakfast. Do you know if this is something available at 180 days, or is it something I should watch out for as the weeks pass and the F&W details are released!?

No, the Parisian breakfast is one of the special food & wine festival dining events. I believe I was able to book this at the end of July, along with all of the others I attended. The only one I later added was the tequila lunch, which I didn't book until the week before. Anyway, this seems pretty popular so you will probably want to reserve it soon after they open up the f & w event bookings. I believe it was offered most every Saturday morning during the Food & Wine festival, so it will probably again be on Saturdays this year. Oh, and you have to prepay for this when you book it and I think it's non-refundable. Hope this helps! :thumbsup2

I'm surprised your husband was able to walk out of that place without staggering after drinking all that Tequilla. :rotfl: I love Mexican food, but I'm sure I would feel the same as you, the offerings just don't have a lot of appeal to me. I don't care for fatty meats like pork belly and just don't care for the taste or texture of octopus. :sad2:

Yes, I would have to say that I was disappointed by the food for the most part. I've enjoyed the food that I've tried at La Hacienda during the four or five times I've been there for dinner so I really thought I would like this. Ironically, I was much more worried about not liking the food at the French lunch at Monsieur Paul, but ended up loving the food there. Much to my relief I wasn't served snails! :snail::lmao:

Chiming in late, but OH MY GOD. The pastries! Thank goodness we'll be walking so much because I wouldn't be able to pick just one of those!

*sadly returning to my carrots and cucumber...*

No, the Parisian breakfast is one of the special food & wine festival dining events. I believe I was able to book this at the end of July, along with all of the others I attended. The only one I later added was the tequila lunch, which I didn't book until the week before. Anyway, this seems pretty popular so you will probably want to reserve it soon after they open up the f & w event bookings. I believe it was offered most every Saturday morning during the Food & Wine festival, so it will probably again be on Saturdays this year. Oh, and you have to prepay for this when you book it and I think it's non-refundable. Hope this helps! :thumbsup2

Absolutely! I figured it wasn't going to be available this early on. Thanks so much!

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila...FLOOR!! :faint: I wasn't the least bit surprised when my husband requested a nap following our tequila lunch. :laughing:

But after a nap, a shower, and a change into some nicer clothes, all five of our senses were ready to...

PARRRTYYY!!! :dancer:

Our night began by attending the 5:30 Eat to the Beat concert and taking advantage of the reserved section for Party for the Senses guests.

The PFTS reserved section was right behind those who had purchased the dining package, so we had a pretty good view. However, while 38 Special was good, this was probably my least favorite concert of the four that I attended during my two week trip. I think this was mostly because, unlike at the other three concerts that I saw, there was very little interaction with the audience.

Anyway, immediately following the concert (actually we might have even left early), we made our way through a very crowded World Showcase to the World Showcase Pavilion...

Once we checked in we were directed to one of two roped off lines. The other line was for guests who had reserved a table in the Wine View Lounge. At $299/person plus tax, this was the most expensive category for the PFTS. But we were in the line for the regular reserved seating, which was $189/person plus tax. The third and least expensive option ($145/person plus tax) was general admission, which is what I had done on the previous Saturday. You may recall that general admission guests are placed in the "holding pen" to wait to be admitted at 7:30 (the official start time of the party) and do not have a reserved table of any kind. For these people, it's strictly first come, first serve for the remaining tables that were placed to the right and left of the reserved center section of the large room.

We were second in the Reserved line so once the Wine View Lounge line was admitted (which was shortly after 7:00) and seated, it was our turn. My husband and I were led to a table for two which had my name on it. We also each received a glass of sparkling wine. We had a quick toast and then we were off in different directions.

I started to our right at the International Cheese & Butter Station hosted by Kerrygold of Ireland...

Here were my selections from this station...

While the fruit and other cheeses were quite tasty, my favorite thing(s) on this plate were the blue cheese, eaten along with the honey comb. Yum!

There were then about 25 other food stations, including 4 dessert stations, another which served assorted chocolates, and an additional cheese station (this one hosted by Gourmet Foods International). Between the two of us, we visited at least two-thirds of these plus several of the 25 beverage stations. Once we had filled our trays with food, we met back at our table and covered it with plates...

On your mark, get set, let the eating begin!! :woohoo:

From Kirk Avondoglio of Perona Farms, Andover, NJ...

Scallop poached in Basil Butter with fresh Corn Salad and Crispy Leeks

From Alex Seidel of Fruition Restaurant/Fruition Farms, Denver, CO...

Veal Sweetbread Saltimbocca with Cauliflower Veloute & LaQuercia Proscuitto

From Michael Viola & Jeff Moore of 'Ohana, Polynesian Resort...

Chinese Barbecue Pork Belly with a Cabbage and Seaweed Salad

From Jamey Fader of Lola, Denver, CO...

Achiote Braised Quail with Sweet Potato Tamale, Smoked Almond Mole Verde and Summer Corn Pico de Gallo

Now for my favorites. :thumbsup2

From Ken Vedrinski of Trattoria Lucca/Coda del Pesce, Daniel Island, SC...

Spiney Lobster Bolognese

From Russell Palmer and Manny Perez of Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge...

Smoked Beef Short Rib with Tamarind Glaze, Citrus Vegetable Slaw, Wasabi Cream, and Crispy Lotus Root

I couldn't decide which photo of this I liked better so I'll show you both... ;)

From Vincent Panisset of Coral Reef Restaurant, Epcot...

Alaskan Halibut with Belgian Endives, Black Trumpets and Crab Brown Butter

From Mark Norberg of Be Our Guest Restaurant, Magic Kingdom...

Seared Lamb Loin with a Huckleberry Gastrique and a Wild Mushroom Pancake

From Faithy Harris-Dowdell of Yak & Yeti Restaurant, Animal Kingdom...

Shrimp and Scallops in XO sauce over Udon Noodles

From Jerome Brown of Rome's, Jersey City, NJ...

Smoked Salmon Chips with Tomatillo Salsa

From Piero Premoli of Pricci, Atlanta, GA...

Porcini Mushroom Crusted Veal Medallion with Fontina Polenta

- Continued in next post -

And then for the desserts, from Elizabeth Falkner of Brooklyn, NY...

Thorned Forest: A dessert of Black Fruits Pudding, Spiced Dark Cocoa Forest, and a Spell of Smoked White Chocolate

From Julian Rose of Moonstruck Chocolates, Portland, OR...

Tanzania Pure Origin Chocolate Tart with Red Currant and Cointreau Raspberries

And my favorite dessert, from Keegan Gerhard and Lisa Bailey of D Bar Restaurants, Denver, CO and San Diego, CA...

Banana Cream Profiterole with Dulcey Cremeux and Banana Passion Sorbet

Oh, but then there was a table full of assorted Moonstruck Chocolates.

There were Huckleberry Truffles...

...and Strawberry Truffles.

Also, these cute Extra Bittersweet Spider Web Truffles.

And my favorite, the Raspberry Truffles...

At about 8:15 the performers from La Nouba Cirque du Soleil took the stage ...

DSC00226.jpg

This was good but short...I'd say only about 15 minutes from start to finish. I can't remember now for sure, but I think they later performed a second time. In between their performances there was other great entertainment on the stage. The Wine View Lounge guests had front row seats for all of this entertainment, since WVL area was right next to the stage. Then there was a aisle for people to walk through to allow them to go from one side of the room to the other. However, this aisle was monitored closely during the show, and people were not allowed to linger and block the view of those of us seated in the regular Reserved area. :thumbsup2

Overall, I enjoyed this experience. I much preferred having the reserved table and not having to worry about finding a place to sit my food and drinks down to eat, drink, and of course...photograph for my review. ;) It was also nice to be given about a 15 minute head start at the food/drinks before the general admission guests were allowed in. Was it worth the extra $45 or so for these privileges? For me it was. However, I'm not sure that this party in general is worth its hefty price, which last year was at least $145. Though I might consider doing this again sometime, it would not be a priority if I do end up going to the Food & Wine Festival again this year.

Next up: Breakfast from the Boardwalk Bakery

The option of a reserved seat is great. The one time I went to a PFTS it was open season and people were RUDE RUDE RUDE. God forbid you set you glass or plate down on "their" table. It really turned me off of the parties.

The food looks amazing. Good to see so much Denver representation!

Jill in CO

I was so far behind...The tequilia tasting wouldn't have been my thing either. The tasting event at the Swan and Dolphin looked great. You have me rethinking my December trip wishing I was going to Food and Wine Festival.

Wow looks like a great time. my mouth was watering looking at all of those pictures.

Barb,

Your senses truly did have some kind of party! Looks like an amazing event.

I'm impressed with your husband's ability to do those tequila shots. My last trip to Mexico taught me to avoid tequila shots and stick with the margaritas. The tres leches cake looks like a winner!

The food at the party looks really good. I would love to do this event if it was just a little bit cheaper. It looks like this had a lot more food than the Swan and Dolphin event. Which one did you enjoy more?

Oh how I've missed your reviews!! I can attest that planning for Dis dining is a much better prospect with Jabead reviews and those amazing photos! (I don't miss your morning IG posts though!) It felt like old home week reading through some of the reviews from our fun 50's PT dining experiences and other Dismeets. I so miss all my Dis pals. :-)

PS: looking forward to seeing Joh next weekend!

:thumbsup2
The option of a reserved seat is great. The one time I went to a PFTS it was open season and people were RUDE RUDE RUDE. God forbid you set you glass or plate down on "their" table. It really turned me off of the parties.

The food looks amazing. Good to see so much Denver representation!

Jill in CO

Luckily I didn't run into rude people during my previous party with general admission, but the experience was so much better knowing I always had a table waiting for me when I needed it. For me that was worth the extra $. :thumbsup2

Wow, that's quite the party. It all looks delicious.

It wasn't until I saw all of my photos that I realized just how much we ate. Wow! :lmao:

I was so far behind...The tequilia tasting wouldn't have been my thing either. The tasting event at the Swan and Dolphin looked great. You have me rethinking my December trip wishing I was going to Food and Wine Festival.

Though fall during the F & W festival is my favorite time to visit WDW, my second favorite time is in early December. The holiday decorations are beautiful and I love the Osborne Lights, Candlelight Processional, etc. Whichever time you end up going, I think you will enjoy it! :thumbsup2

Wow looks like a great time. my mouth was watering looking at all of those pictures.

Yes, I can't believe how much food we managed to eat that night. :laughing:

Barb,

Your senses truly did have some kind of party! Looks like an amazing event.

I'm impressed with your husband's ability to do those tequila shots. My last trip to Mexico taught me to avoid tequila shots and stick with the margaritas. The tres leches cake looks like a winner!

Yes, I too was impressed and a bit surprised. I didn't even realize that he liked tequila. ;)

The food at the party looks really good. I would love to do this event if it was just a little bit cheaper. It looks like this had a lot more food than the Swan and Dolphin event. Which one did you enjoy more?

Yes, there was more food and alcohol at the PFTS than at the S & D Classic. However, the Classic was much less expensive. Another factor to consider though is that the Classic is held outdoors. I'm not sure if they have a contingency plan in the event of inclement weather. However, we had a perfect night weather-wise so very much enjoyed the outdoor event. In fact, I would have to say that we liked it even better than the PFTS. :thumbsup2

Oh how I've missed your reviews!! I can attest that planning for Dis dining is a much better prospect with Jabead reviews and those amazing photos! (I don't miss your morning IG posts though!) It felt like old home week reading through some of the reviews from our fun 50's PT dining experiences and other Dismeets. I so miss all my Dis pals. :-)

PS: looking forward to seeing Joh next weekend!

Hi Brenda! :wave2: Good to hear from you! Are you by chance in Disney trip planning mode?

Oh, and say hello to Joh for me! :goodvibes

Hi Brenda! :wave2: Good to hear from you! Are you by chance in Disney trip planning mode?

Oh, and say hello to Joh for me! :goodvibes

Sure are! We'll attempt to recreate some of the great moments from the December trip with you and many of the Disers 2 years ago. We'll be there early December. I'm directing all inquiring minds from our small travel group who want to know about Disney dining to your dining reviews. :magnify:

Sunday, November 2

Sadly my husband's short trip was ending today, with a scheduled pick up at 12:30ish for his ride to the Orlando Sanford Airport. :sad1: He had asked to sleep in on this morning, so I didn't schedule a table service breakfast for us. Instead, while he slept I walked down to the boardwalk to get us some breakfast to go from the...

But first some photos of their breakfast offerings...

First up is the Bread Bowl with Scrambled Eggs, Potato, Bacon, Sausage, and Gravy...

Then the Breakfast Sandwich with Bacon, Egg, and Cheese on a Butter Roll...

And the last breakfast entrée, Biscuit & Gravy...

Now for the pastries, starting with Blueberry Muffins...

Chocolate Chip Muffins...

...and Chocolate Chip Mickey Muffins.

Then there were these Brioche Rum Raisin Twists...

The Danish, Raspberry Cheese and Apple...

And the Croissants, starting with Almond...

Multigrain...

And Plain and Chocolate.

Next are the Sticky Buns...

Jersey Crumb Cake...

Something I hadn't noticed here before, Apple Tarts...

And last but not least, the Cinnamon Rolls...

Now for my choices. I got my traditional Boardwalk Bakery breakfast pastry, the Blueberry Muffin...

And for my husband, I got this Sticky Bun...

After a quick zap in our microwave, these were warm and delicious. But my favorite was actually the Raspberry Cheese Danish I got for us to share...

I must admit that I ate most of this, but I don't feel too guilty because I also got my husband this Carrot Cake...

We had had a recent conversation in which he told me that it had been a long time since he had had carrot cake so when I saw this in the Boardwalk Bakery's display case I had to get it for him. He said it was pretty good.

Oh, and while I had originally intended to have our breakfast out on our balcony, unfortunately it had turned very cold that day...

Consequently, at 11:00 the Boardwalk pool area was deserted... ;)

Next up: Lunch at the Rose & Crown

Aaaahhh! Every time I stop by your DR, I find a new food I need to get!!! That bread bowl looks fantastic! I believe I will blame you when I gain 20 lbs at Disney in November. :rotfl2::laughing:

Ok, after 2 parties of the senses I completely have my leading disney bucket list item. Amazing food, wine, and cirque du soleil...Gonna have to figure out how I can get there sometime in the coming years. Completely and utterly amazing. Thanks for all the pics.

How was the sweetbread? These are one of my favorite foods and I'm always disappointed they never show up at Disney. Until today that is ; )

That shortbread and lamb look pretty darn amazing too.

How cool Elizabeth Falkner was there. I didn't know the attracted much of the celebrity chef gang.

Thanks for all the boardwalk bakery pics. Your hubby's sticky bun looks sinfully delicious

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter