Just curious, on average how many photos do you take?

Aljo

Mouseketeer
Keep in mind my last visit to WDW was in 1997 and my last visit to Uni/IOA was in 2003. I took 2,500 photos not incl. the ones I went through to delete that were blurry, too dark etc. and not incl. the ones I took on my cell phone.

My mom and a few friends thought I was out of my mind for taking so many photos..............................so how many do you take?:)

I refuse to answer on the grounds that it might incriminate me. :cool2:

My DSLR is constantly by my side, and last trip I took over 6000 photos. Not all of them were keepers, but that was the grand total.

Including PhotoPass, iPhone and Nikon, somewhere between 300-500. I try to limit how many pictures are taken because its so stinkin stressful organizing, editing, printing these things.

About one - two thousand depending on the length of the trip and how much stuff I'm doing. (~300/day give or take)

But keep in mind I will also take a ton of video (If it's stationary I photo it, if it moves or makes noise, I video it!) so it's more accurate to say I generate about 100gb of content a trip. :thumbsup2

(I also shoot with RAW enabled so that's a good chunk of it)

My husband takes way more than me - hundreds a day - because he likes to take pictures of things, where I am more about taking pictures of people. I find looking at pictures of DD at Disney a lot more exciting than looking a random pictures of the resort, or whatever.

Last trip I took over 5,000 over 7 days.

It's probably important to note that of those at least 1,000 were of fireworks over the various nights and night shots off the balcony of our room in the Contemporary.

There were also so many shots I wanted that I'd never got before, it was my first trip with a DSLR after all, lol. I also only had my DSLR for about 2 months before the trip so I was new to it and taking multiple shots with some variances on my settings, ect.

This trip we are going for 8 days and I would think my count will be half of that. I'm much more confident in my abilities and I've progressed quite a bit since then.

I've also got a lot pictures I don't feel like I have to capture again, like scenery or what not.

There are several on my list to redo though. :lmao:

Sometimes I feel like the only freak who barely takes any:eek:
I did photopass for our first trip, and we always bring the camera but it probably doesn't even make it to the park with us most days. I hate carrying it around, and after 9 trips, I just want to be on the go and having fun and not stopping to take a picture every 5 minutes.
However, my teen daughter takes some pretty decent pics on her Iphone, and she likes to do it, so I always have her take a picture if we meet a character or do something special. I'd say on average we end up without about 30-50 per trip. My daughter might take a few hundred though, so I always have hers if there's something I really want to have.

I haven't been to WDW since 2005, but I only have around 30 photos from that trip. Eek.

Now, I would probably have 200-300. I'm just not the hugest photographer out there, I guess. :)

Let's put it this way: I am stilling going through the thousands of photos from our 2009 and 2011 visits...

Of course, I am a scrapbooker, so when I see some photos that I want to work with, I print them and quit going through the rest for a while.

me, usually about 1500
DD around 3000-3500
DS videos...usually has 2 64 gig cards, and fills them

I think we need to start vacationing with our own eyes, not the camera lens :rolleyes:

4000-5000 for an average week. but like a previous poster, many of those are usually fireworks and other situations where i'm taking high speed burst photos in an attempt to get some decent shots. dark rides, night parades, fast moving rides etc.

We go anywhere from 8 - 11 days. I generally take 600 - 1500 photos. It could be that 150 photos are taken on the action continuous setting for something like Lights Motor Action. There could also be 100 shots from the same parade when we put the camera on a tripod and snap occasionally.

I will let you know but we are only bringing the DSLR two days. The rest will be the point and shoot. I want to actually enjoy myself not take a pic every 5 mins. Of course I still want pics so that's where the grandparents will come in handy

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

I ended up with about 700 from our one week last fall :). Maybe 50 were unusable

I took over/almost 300 in MGM within almost 5 hours. All of them were usable, even the one i took of the concrete! Until I read mamabear's post I guess I realized maybe I should put the camera down and just enjoy it through my own eyes

I take approx 1000 and get about 100-150 on photo pass. Not counting edits. Friends usually take 500 or less.

We typically take two 16gb SD cards for our camera. That is A LOT of space for pics, even when taken at full capacity. ;) We've taken anywhere from 50 to 1,500 depending on the circumstance.

I have probably taken more pics (other than food) in the TOT que than any other place when looking back at them. I try a bunch of different techniques on each capture, so that can add up. I say take as many as your SD card can physically hold. Not to mention if you use it for HD video that can use a lot of space. Sometimes you never know what you will end up with.

For example....I will share my BEST Disney picture I have ever taken. I took this picture in 2011 while staking out a spot for the Electric Parade. This was one of our last nights at Disney and I was tired of carrying around the big camera so I stuck our tiny Sony Point and Shoot in my pocket....just in case. I took probably 100 different pics from every angle while we were killing time. When we got home I started sorting through things and found this one. It's totally unedited in any way whatsoever....straight out of the camera. Regardless of what Josh says, sometimes photography isn't a scam and you just get some pixie dust thrown your way.;)

d2d33fc4-d780-48f3-b7c1-66f7f331807c_zpse9035a3b.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter