Just curious, on average how many photos do you take?

Took a good 500+ last year (only took camera into park one day), not even taking the DSLR this year, too much hassle carrying it around.

Took a good 500+ last year (only took camera into park one day), not even taking the DSLR this year, too much hassle carrying it around.

I take between 200-250 a day and we are there between 10-14 days, also get about 250 on photo pass.

I think that my minimum is 100 photos a day, but I just got a new DSLR and our next trip will be baby's first trip, so I am sure that we will be going WAY over that minimum!!

I take about 200-300 a day but, like most posters, I take lots of shots in continuous mode knowing I'll throw most of them out. Two years ago I took that many on Kilimanjaro Safari alone. I enjoy the photography aspect of our trip a lot though and I enjoy editing them when I get home. DH goes crazy because I stop every five feet to span something but I can't help myself.

On a 7 day trip, my DGF usually takes upwards of 10,000 pics with her phone. (For some reason, she NEEDS an IPhone however, which does not have any expandable memory...whereas I hate Apple products b/c they have always been extremely limiting and user-unfriendly, despite their ad campaigns) We usually spend the plane ride back deleting the unnecessary photos, which is a really nice cap to our vacation, *** we get to relive our trip too!

Sometimes I feel like the only freak who barely takes any:eek:
I did photopass for our first trip, and we always bring the camera but it probably doesn't even make it to the park with us most days. I hate carrying it around, and after 9 trips, I just want to be on the go and having fun and not stopping to take a picture every 5 minutes.
However, my teen daughter takes some pretty decent pics on her Iphone, and she likes to do it, so I always have her take a picture if we meet a character or do something special. I'd say on average we end up without about 30-50 per trip. My daughter might take a few hundred though, so I always have hers if there's something I really want to have.

Another "freak who takes almost no pics" checking in! :cool1:

Last November, DD, her BFF, and I did a 5 day WDW trip. I only took my cellphone- no camera (I don't own a digital camera...:rolleyes1). I came home with about 12 pictures, and I deleted several of those. I think we ended up with 7 keepers.

We go often enough that I don't need another picture of the Castle, or DD in front of Zurg, or the Safari animals, or anything else.

I only had a P&S on our first trip, but I took around 1200 pics. Our next trip, I had a new DSLR, and I had fun messing around with settings, taking fast sequences of photos, trying to get good fireworks shots, etc. The total was closer to 2000. I took a lot more pics of details and "stuff" rather than just the posed kids. I probably got 200 shots of each parade and of animals on the safari.

We've done two more trips since then (with the DSLR) and I have started backing off a bit. For one, I already have pics of the Haunted Mansion queue, the castle lit up, and the rhinos and giraffes. I also just focused a bit on "enjoying the moment" this last trip. :) It's harder than it sounds for some of us. :rotfl: I still ended up with more than 600, but they were mostly pics of our family, not just the sights.

I do look at them all when I get home, though I don't really edit each one. I tend to take 10 fast pics of the girls with Mickey, for example. I choose the best one to save/edit, and delete the rest. So the total number of GOOD pics I have at the end of a trip (that make it into a scrapbook/photo album) is usually around 200-250.

I took about a thousand on my last trip over six days. Some of them were "what was I thinking when I took a photo of that?" About 400 made the cut for the scrapbooks. I'm determined to take less this December.*

*I'm lying.

I think I take on average of 800. I buy a compact fault card of either 4GB or 8GB and it means i have the freedom to fire away at will.

Last year I took roughly 1200 pictures over four days. This year I'm extending my trip by a few days, so I'm expecting about 2,000.

I usually take about 100 for a weeklong trip. I have a few must do photos that we do everytime to see how the kids have grown and I try to take pictures of new things or experiences. But mostly, I would rather just experience Disney myself and through my kids eyes than through a screen. I would definitely take more if we didn't go as frequently (2x a year) though.

I'm in the 3-5,000 shots range.

However, most of my trips have been solo with photography as a driving aspect. Also, there are several bracketed groups either for HDR or lens issues (my UWA's metering is pretty finicky, so I'll bracket with that too) or the aforementioned rapid bursts.

When finished processing, I'll usually end up in the 400-600 range.

I do a fair amount of deleting of obviously bad shots while we are waiting in lines, waiting for shows to start, etc., but still manage to come home with 100-200 shots a day.

My DH and I's first trip was our honeymoon. I took about 2,500 photos. That doesnt include some I deleted because they were blurry or didn't look good. This was for a 6 night trip. Next time is going to be a 10 night but I think I am going to try and pay attention more to what is in front of me than by watching from behind the camera.

Take about 1000-2000 on average for our annual trips. Expecting about the same this year as well.

We typically take two 16gb SD cards for our camera. That is A LOT of space for pics, even when taken at full capacity. ;) We've taken anywhere from 50 to 1,500 depending on the circumstance.

I have probably taken more pics (other than food) in the TOT que than any other place when looking back at them. I try a bunch of different techniques on each capture, so that can add up. I say take as many as your SD card can physically hold. Not to mention if you use it for HD video that can use a lot of space. Sometimes you never know what you will end up with.

For example....I will share my BEST Disney picture I have ever taken. I took this picture in 2011 while staking out a spot for the Electric Parade. This was one of our last nights at Disney and I was tired of carrying around the big camera so I stuck our tiny Sony Point and Shoot in my pocket....just in case. I took probably 100 different pics from every angle while we were killing time. When we got home I started sorting through things and found this one. It's totally unedited in any way whatsoever....straight out of the camera. Regardless of what Josh says, sometimes photography isn't a scam and you just get some pixie dust thrown your way.;)

d2d33fc4-d780-48f3-b7c1-66f7f331807c_zpse9035a3b.jpg

Mad Hattered, that is a gorgeous photo! i do the same thing, try different angles, settings, etc to capture the perfect photo.

Mad Hattered, that is a gorgeous photo! i do the same thing, try different angles, settings, etc to capture the perfect photo.

Thank you very much. :goodvibes I couldn't believe my eyes when I started sorting through the pics. I think I seriously did one of these. :scared1:

Including Photopass+ I have a total of 2049 pictures of my February trip. Yep, I take LOTS of pictures! Food, characters, flowers, fauna, attractions, family... I love taking pictures at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter