Jungle Cruise Getting a Makeover

I wonder if any of the lines the skippers use at MK will be used in the movie. Not sure if there are any “standard” lines that are used frequently that would be used in the movie, as we’ve only ever done it a few times.

Another ridiculous action from a company over political correctness. I don't think anyone that rides the Jungle Cruise is sitting there thinking that all indigenous people are savages or that this is an actual depiction of anything. SMH... Sigh... I'm just so done with this nonsense...

Another ridiculous action from a company over political correctness. I don't think anyone that rides the Jungle Cruise is sitting there thinking that all indigenous people are savages or that this is an actual depiction of anything. SMH... Sigh... I'm just so done with this nonsense...
Aren't you happy that it's getting some love and attention? None of the big elements are going away, you're actually getting new storytelling. What's wrong with that? Or do you just love the story of savages and cannibalism so much you're upset it's changing?

Aren't you happy that it's getting some love and attention? None of the big elements are going away, you're actually getting new storytelling. What's wrong with that? Or do you just love the story of savages and cannibalism so much you're upset it's changing?
It is great that it is getting love and attention and it probably needed it as well. I just don't like the virtue signaling that most companies are engaging in these days. If Disney had just said that they were going to refurbish the ride and further update the story, then great. But to make it about political correctness like Splash Mountain I don't agree with. Just my opinion and obviously Disney is going to do what they want. It just seems fake to me.

It is great that it is getting love and attention and it probably needed it as well. I just don't like the virtue signaling that most companies are engaging in these days. If Disney had just said that they were going to refurbish the ride and further update the story, then great. But to make it about political correctness like Splash Mountain I don't agree with. Just my opinion and obviously Disney is going to do what they want. It just seems fake to me.
Not fake. They recently have added the key of inclusion to their keys to the Kingdom approach. All of these moves are toward abiding by all keys, it's at the core of the company's base standards.

Not fake. They recently have added the key of inclusion to their keys to the Kingdom approach. All of these moves are toward abiding by all keys, it's at the core of the company's base standards.
That is fine. Like I stated its just my opinion. It sounds like others love the idea. I find it fake and I don't agree with erasing our history. At least for right now in the US we are still free to express differing ideas. :flower1:

Thank you for that. I was thinking the exact same thing. It's a 50 year old ride at an amusement park for crying out loud. If someone is in someway offended by the ride, I'm sorry about that, but maybe they should simply not ride it.

At the same time I'm happy to hear about the renovations. I don't think I could take another lap around that tired old ride! :)

Thank you for that. I was thinking the exact same thing. It's a 50 year old ride at an amusement park for crying out loud. If someone is in someway offended by the ride, I'm sorry about that, but maybe they should simply not ride it.

At the same time I'm happy to hear about the renovations. I don't think I could take another lap around that tired old ride! :)
This isn't about appeasing people that are upset about aspects of the ride it's about refreshing the ride so that it makes more sense today

This isn't about appeasing people that are upset about aspects of the ride it's about refreshing the ride so that it makes more sense today
Maybe I'm just a little trigger happy but if they are truly just doing a re-fresh then that is great. If this is about political correctness then I feel it's ridiculous. I'm willing to admit that maybe I took the announcement the wrong way. :confused3 8-)

All for a little re-fresh, but I hope they don't mess with what makes this such a fun ride; the campy nature of it. Silly, outdated animatronics and the jokes that go with them are the heart and soul of the ride. I hope they don't suck all the life out of the ride in an attempt to do something over the top politically correct.

If you ride this without knowing a lick of English it's an awful attraction. What makes this ride is the skipper delivery, 100%. Talking to my friends who are skippers they are beyond excited that their storyline is expanded onto the animatronics

Why do people get so bent out of shape about this? If Disney wants to refurb the ride, why does anyone care why they're doing it? It just seems strange that people don't seem to care if the ride is revamped, but they don't want it done because it bothers someone else.

Like, "Cool! They're redoing Jungle Cruise! Wait.... it's because someone else finds it offensive?? NO!!!!"

If you don't want them changing JC because you have nostalgia for it, I'd say, sorry, this isn't Coney Island. It's a 50-year-old ride in the most popular theme park on the planet and it's old and janky. If you don't want them changing JC because it's politically dated, I'd ask why it bothers you to adapt to something being offensive to someone else.

Also, no one is erasing history. But some history belongs in history books and not galavanted as nostalgia. Refurbing Splash Mountain doesn't erase Jim Crow South from the history books. It just stops treating it like it was a big celebration.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter