Jungle Cruise Getting a Makeover

Really don’t understand people throwing up their arms about this. I love Jungle Cruise for the corny puns and animatronics - the portions depicting natives in an outdated way had always been super cringe worthy (and they weren’t even part of the original ride when it opened!). I’m sure Disney will keep the essence of the ride intact with the skipper, the jokes, and the animal animatronics. I would absolutely be aghast if my culture and background was depicted in a cartoonish caricature from decades ago when I’m in a theme park to have an enjoyable time.

If you’re complaining that you don’t understand why this is being changed because YOU don’t find it offensive, consider having some empathy and that this isn’t about you. Who even uses Jungle Cruise as a history lesson??

Jungle Cruise is my absolute favorite Disney attraction - but it is because of the skippers and the puns and that every ride is different because of that, etc. ... so I am trilled they seem to be leaning into that even more and making the Skippers an even more focal point as being part of the story

And if they also get rid of some of the, at best, culturally insensitive parts so that more people feel comprtable riding it (and whether people want to admit it or not, there are people who refuse to ride it or get uncomfortable in parts), while also giving it a refresh - seems like a win-win scenario to me

Yes I know I'm being selfish, but I will have been waiting a year to go-my trip was postponed from June 2020 until June 2021-and I'm hoping People Mover, Splash Mountain, and Jungle Cruise will all be operational then and not down for refurbishment! I'm 68, who knows when I'll get to go next!!!

I certainly hope the People Mover is open by June (they have been seen testing it of late, so hopefully it re-opens soon), there is no indication the retheme of Splash will happen anytime soon, so unless it is down for maintenance that should be open for your trip.

As to the timing of the JC update, nothing has been said, but it should be a fairly quick change and possibly some elements get added over time and the ride only being down for short periods of time to change some of the elements - but we will have to see

I haven’t heard it mentioned at all, but are they going to incorporate anything from the new movie into it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter