June 2017 Discounts

Hotels for the week I am looking are booking fast and have double in price since we looked last month. We are looking June 18th-23rd. It makes me wonder what kind of discount we will get if most stuff is booked.

What happened to Orbitz?

We stayed June 2-6 to Port Orleans last year, my tab with 15% discount was $634 for Garden View room.
Then stayed 6-10th @ Yacht Club, my tab again with 15% discount was $1188 for Garden View.

This year sames rooms - same Thursday - Monday @ POR = $893.

YC = no rooms showing available, but my guess is they price out in low $400's putting total around $1520 with discount.

So rooms are at least $500 more than same time frame as 2016. I guess its not really an Orbitz issue but rather a Disney price increase issue.

What happened to Orbitz?

We stayed June 2-6 to Port Orleans last year, my tab with 15% discount was $634 for Garden View room.
Then stayed 6-10th @ Yacht Club, my tab again with 15% discount was $1188 for Garden View.

This year sames rooms - same Thursday - Monday @ POR = $893.

YC = no rooms showing available, but my guess is they price out in low $400's putting total around $1520 with discount.

So rooms are at least $500 more than same time frame as 2016. I guess its not really an Orbitz issue but rather a Disney price increase issue.
I don't think it is a good year to compare YC because they seem to be really low on inventory, wondering if it is because they are refurbishing rooms. But I feel like the prices just keep getting higher and inventory lower, and I'm still sitting here waiting for a discount.

We are staying at POFQ June 3-10 there are 4 of us -- 2 adults and 2 kids ages 16 and 14 -- we have 7 day hoppers and are on the dining plan. Paid $4915.00 total - I feel like that is a good rate, but still seems high. What do all of you think? I'm still hoping for some sort of additional discount...free dining would be amazing, but I know better than to hope for that!!!

I booked Poly CL Garden view with a particular agency and got almost 40% off rack rates. My dates are 6/14 - 6/21 so it includes Father's Day Weekend

We are staying at POFQ June 3-10 there are 4 of us -- 2 adults and 2 kids ages 16 and 14 -- we have 7 day hoppers and are on the dining plan. Paid $4915.00 total - I feel like that is a good rate, but still seems high. What do all of you think? I'm still hoping for some sort of additional discount...free dining would be amazing, but I know better than to hope for that!!!
It seems high to me but that's because I don't book packages through Disney. I got discount tickets and rented points from a friend for a stay at Wilderness Lodge. Our lodging is 1400 for 8 nights. But I will probably never see a rate that good again because the only reason my friend isn't using her points is because she is having a baby in June. They always use their points, otherwise.

Also, we aren't getting the dining plan and I have young children, as opposed to teens, so that cuts the cost. I'm going to get discounted Disney gift cards from Target to pay for our food.

I'm fairly certain there won't be any more discounts from Disney for our time frame unless, by some miracle, bookings start dropping.

I booked Poly CL Garden view with a particular agency and got almost 40% off rack rates. My dates are 6/14 - 6/21 so it includes Father's Day Weekend
We rented points from a friend this time but next trip I am definitely looking into that. I've heard about so many good deals.

It seems high to me but that's because I don't book packages through Disney.

I booked through an agency, which did save me about $600.00 compared to booking with Disney directly. I looked into renting DVC points - never did that before, but I'm not exactly sure how that works, and honestly, I was a bit nervous about not being able to cancel.

Last edited:
I booked through an agency, which did save me about $600.00 compared to booking with Disney directly. I looked into renting DVC points - never did that before, but I'm not exactly sure how that works, and honestly, I was a bit nervous about not being able to cancel.
Gotcha. Yeh, because its my friend I didn't have to pay upfront.

Question for anyone who has used a TA to book do you get to do your fastpass on your own or do they have have to do them? Ans is the reservation link able to the disney site?

Question for anyone who has used a TA to book do you get to do your fastpass on your own or do they have have to do them? Ans is the reservation link able to the disney site?
Your reservation does show up on MDE. I do my own FP, but I'm sure my TA would do it if I asked her. It seems like so much work to tell her and then have her do it though, just seems easier for me to do it.

Your reservation does show up on MDE. I do my own FP, but I'm sure my TA would do it if I asked her. It seems like so much work to tell her and then have her do it though, just seems easier for me to do it.

Thanks I can't imagine a TA trying to book everyone's fast passes that would be insane and my sister doesn't want to give up that control although I told she would if she had to to save what we are saving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter