June 2017 Discounts

Tried to book the RO and it is gone. Got the message the deal I was looking for was not able to be found. I wonder if it booked that quick that they pulled it.

Am I correct that there is still nothing out yet for RO for either AP or general public for June 19th on?

Tried to book the RO and it is gone. Got the message the deal I was looking for was not able to be found. I wonder if it booked that quick that they pulled it.
I just looked at it last night and it was there but you are correct in that I don't see it anymore. Weird. There looked like lots of available resorts last night.

Ok thanks, geesh I missed that. I guess it doesn't matter anyways, wrong dates AND they took it away:crazy2: I gots more waiting ahead of me

Yes last year it was 35% with a Disney VISA and 30% general public for deluxe. I hope it works out to change weeks but have you checked on the other discounts from this year to see if in general they are offering less across the board? I haven't kept up with it but you can look on the mouse savers site if you want to know before you change everything.
Yes, unfortunately it would cost much more. I have all of my trip notes and receipts from the last few trips. I'm just not sure of the overall percent. I'm pretty sure we got 35% off a deluxe 3 years ago, but our trip was in July. Last June, I thought it was 30% off. It was definitely a large difference. Considering the increase in food prices too... Yikes.

Yes, unfortunately it would cost much more. I have all of my trip notes and receipts from the last few trips. I'm just not sure of the overall percent. I'm pretty sure we got 35% off a deluxe 3 years ago, but our trip was in July. Last June, I thought it was 30% off. It was definitely a large difference. Considering the increase in food prices too... Yikes.
Yes it seems like they are offering less overall so I'm wondering if the later summer discount will be less too.

I'm glad I rented DVC points this time.

I called to check RO for dates up to June 10 they are available. I booked our room. The CM told me to keep an eye out for PH discounts most likely in Feb, then call back to get a better deal if our room falls under what would be included. A little hope on saving some more and feel like my pass was an even better deal.

I called to check RO for dates up to June 10 they are available. I booked our room. The CM told me to keep an eye out for PH discounts most likely in Feb, then call back to get a better deal if our room falls under what would be included. A little hope on saving some more and feel like my pass was an even better deal.
PH? Do you mean AP?

Does anyone have a firm date on when Pandora is suppose to open? I can only find "Summer 2017". I wonder if they are waiting for an opening date before releasing next round of rooms. Our trip is June 10-17 and we have APs, so I just need RO (hoping for either AP rate or Disney Visa rate), but wondering if, say it is set to open June 15th, they won't release RO because they will be able to sell more rooms because of new attraction? thoughts?

Does anyone have a firm date on when Pandora is suppose to open? I can only find "Summer 2017". I wonder if they are waiting for an opening date before releasing next round of rooms. Our trip is June 10-17 and we have APs, so I just need RO (hoping for either AP rate or Disney Visa rate), but wondering if, say it is set to open June 15th, they won't release RO because they will be able to sell more rooms because of new attraction? thoughts?

No, no dates. They'll keep in vague to account for unforeseen snafus. Frankly, I'm hoping it opens after our May/June vacation and think late summer is pretty likely. We love AK and want to tour without the new stuff increasing attendance!

No, no dates. They'll keep in vague to account for unforeseen snafus. Frankly, I'm hoping it opens after our May/June vacation and think late summer is pretty likely. We love AK and want to tour without the new stuff increasing attendance!

We are hoping for late summer opening also! Our last trip we only spent 1/2 day at AK and hoping to spend more quality time there this trip but don't want to deal with the bigger crowds a new attraction brings. Just trying to figure out the Disney room pricing strategies.

No firm date and Disney is going to stay away from that bc of the ROL snafu. As far as discounts go, other than it being less than last year and no Visa discount, everything seems normal about the discounts. Just like last year, I'm sure the later discounts will be out around mid March or so.

Hi everyone! My apologies as I am sure that this question has been answered multiple times before on these boards but since you are all actively discussing possible discounts for this summer (post-June), I thought it might not hurt to ask :) We are looking to travel to WDW around mid-July and are hoping for a RO discount. If I book a room now, can I apply a RO discount to my existing reservation if a discount happens to be released within the next few months?

Hi everyone! My apologies as I am sure that this question has been answered multiple times before on these boards but since you are all actively discussing possible discounts for this summer (post-June), I thought it might not hurt to ask :) We are looking to travel to WDW around mid-July and are hoping for a RO discount. If I book a room now, can I apply a RO discount to my existing reservation if a discount happens to be released within the next few months?
You can yes. But many people argue that if you book ahead of time it gives Disney more reason to not offer the discounts bc the room is already booked/filled.

You can yes. But many people argue that if you book ahead of time it gives Disney more reason to not offer the discounts bc the room is already booked/filled.

Thanks so much for your reply! I had not given much thought to the impact of booking early so perhaps I will try to be patient and wait for a discount to be released :) Any idea at what point I should 'give up' waiting for a discount and book the room? You had mentioned that additional discounts might be released around mid-March. I just don't want to wait too long and not be able to stay at one of the resorts we are interested in. Thanks!!

Thanks so much for your reply! I had not given much thought to the impact of booking early so perhaps I will try to be patient and wait for a discount to be released :) Any idea at what point I should 'give up' waiting for a discount and book the room? You had mentioned that additional discounts might be released around mid-March. I just don't want to wait too long and not be able to stay at one of the resorts we are interested in. Thanks!!
Yeh after I typed that I started seeing where the resorts seem to be booking up so you may just want to go ahead.

ETA: I would probably only wait if you are very flexible about dates and room choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter