June 2017 Discounts

That's what I was afraid of.

On the other hand, bookings were very low last year… maybe bookings are just a little up from next year but still below Disney's expectation.
I wouldn't base my booking strategy upon what a CM would say.

If it were me, I would book the room regardless of whether it could cause Disney not to issue further discounts. They have so many rooms, plus/minus one doesn't really make a diference anyway.

On the other hand, bookings were very low last year… maybe bookings are just a little up from next year but still below Disney's expectation.
I wouldn't base my booking strategy upon what a CM would say.

If it were me, I would book the room regardless of whether it could cause Disney not to issue further discounts. They have so many rooms, plus/minus one doesn't really make a diference anyway.
Oh we already rented points and made our ressie so we are going regardless. We've been booked since 11 months out. :)

Waiting here as well... We're planning on 06/15-06/23... Currently booked at BW, but will prob switch to a mod if discounts are poor.

I couldn't wait any longer, I booked Pop Century for June 19th and 20th...they were the only dates I have left to book, the others are DVC. Since I have no flexibility with the dates I figured I might as well have them booked and just hope hope hope either the general discount or Annual Pass discount applies to them. Fingers and toes crossed like a million times!!!!:rolleyes2

AP rate came out for late Spring (including beginning of June) and its quite a bit better than general public. 25-35% as opposed to 15-25%. I wonder if they just aren't having a Disney VISA discount this time.

AP rate came out for late Spring (including beginning of June) and its quite a bit better than general public. 25-35% as opposed to 15-25%. I wonder if they just aren't having a Disney VISA discount this time.

I think you're right. I booked under the AP after running some numbers. The AP rate has much better availability so I was finally able to get the room types I wanted, Photopass, TIW, and still be in the black compared to GP for our 10 days.

AP holders will be pleased.

I wish I could check the AP rate myself (without an AP) on the website like you can for Universal. I don't want to wait on the phone for a while and find it doesn't cover my dates.

I wish I could check the AP rate myself (without an AP) on the website like you can for Universal. I don't want to wait on the phone for a while and find it doesn't cover my dates.

If you ask in the sub-forum Discount Codes and Rates, they are really nice and helpful. I had a quick response and she came back when the dates weren't quite right.

For those of you with AP's...will you book the general discount and then try and apply the ap code or have to cancel and rebook? I haven't done this in a while as we usually use points.

I'm stalking this board to see what happens with the discounts for June 2017 because we are going in June 2018. We are a family of 5, so the resorts that can stay at are limited to POR or CBR. I've decided that we are going to stay at POR for 11 nights in June 2018.

June 2017 for POR has been booked for mid-June since the prices were released in June 2016. I've been looking at June 13-24. I've been watching to see how fast it books up and so far there was a lot availability last year for June 2016 in comparison to June 2017. POR has booked up first and CBR has too - only the most expensive rooms (Preferred rooms/Princess rooms) are available as of last week. The weekend of June 22-25 has been booked since last year. I'm not really sure what is happening that week, but it looks like it will be busy. Based on my observations, I'm not sure that there will be much of a discount available for some moderates :(.

I get to book my RO reservation for June 2018 in a few weeks and I think I'm going to based on lack of availability for June 2017. Maybe lots of people booked and will cancel after no discounts?

I'm stalking this board to see what happens with the discounts for June 2017 because we are going in June 2018. We are a family of 5, so the resorts that can stay at are limited to POR or CBR. I've decided that we are going to stay at POR for 11 nights in June 2018.

June 2017 for POR has been booked for mid-June since the prices were released in June 2016. I've been looking at June 13-24. I've been watching to see how fast it books up and so far there was a lot availability last year for June 2016 in comparison to June 2017. POR has booked up first and CBR has too - only the most expensive rooms (Preferred rooms/Princess rooms) are available as of last week. The weekend of June 22-25 has been booked since last year. I'm not really sure what is happening that week, but it looks like it will be busy. Based on my observations, I'm not sure that there will be much of a discount available for some moderates :(.

I get to book my RO reservation for June 2018 in a few weeks and I think I'm going to based on lack of availability for June 2017. Maybe lots of people booked and will cancel after no discounts?
I honestly don't know the why part but last year summer was not nearly as busy as usual. However, it seems like maybe this year, attendance for the summer may be back up...based on bookings and discounts.

School in the Northeast finishes lol. I can only assume it is that as there doesn't seem to be any special events.

Hello everyone!! Anyone see anything for mid/late June yet? Are we still assuming the discounts will drop around Feb for General & March for AP? I'm starting to forget about regularly checking and that scares me:scared1:

Hello everyone!! Anyone see anything for mid/late June yet? Are we still assuming the discounts will drop around Feb for General & March for AP? I'm starting to forget about regularly checking and that scares me:scared1:

It just seems so quiet, I forget to check too. Hoping I don't miss it when it comes up! I was hoping the AP rates would come out first.

It just seems so quiet, I forget to check too. Hoping I don't miss it when it comes up! I was hoping the AP rates would come out first.

I know right?! It's like crickets in here! From what I'm told by CM's and longstanding AP holders, the AP discounts usually come out last, however you can book them the longest and are the "deepest" discounts. Again, just what I have heard:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter