• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2007 Rate/Code Watch

Today, Mousesavers.com is reporting the following AP discounts:

Travel dates: 7/1/07-8/4/07 for Moderate resorts. Discounts are $36 off 2007 rack rates for Summer Season, per night. Book by 8/4/07. Use code FDI for Moderate resorts.

Travel dates: 6/3/07-8/4/07 for select Deluxe and DVC resorts only: Yacht Club, Beach Club, BoardWalk Inn, Old Key West and Saratoga Springs Resort. Note that this date range includes both Regular and Value Season at these resorts, so prices will vary depending on the dates you choose. Discounts are $90-$126 off per night at the Epcot resorts; $115-$145 at the DVC resorts (see below for specific prices). Book by 8/4/07. Use code FDK for Deluxe and DVC resorts.
Epcot resorts
Regular season rates $269 plus tax Standard view / $350 plus tax Water view
Value season rates $194 plus tax Standard view / $264 plus tax Water view

DVC Resorts
Regular season rates $164 plus tax Studio / $275 plus tax 1 Bedroom / $465 plus tax 2 Bedroom
Value season rates $164 plus tax Studio / $239 plus tax 1 Bedroom / $400 plus tax 2 Bedroom.

to check availability for the YC/BC at the new AP rate and they told me the system was down for about an hour.

Do you think it's possible this means they are loading more discounts??????

One can dream, right?

PamNC

to check availability for the YC/BC at the new AP rate and they told me the system was down for about an hour.

Do you think it's possible this means they are loading more discounts??????

One can dream, right?

PamNC

I wish! I'm so frustrated. I've checked literally all the Deluxe resorts and all of them have availability at typically ever room category...so there's obviously lots of availability for my early June dates...I'll upgrade to an MK resort in a blink if they'd offer any of them. Also AAA rates at most of the room categories are left too, but I want an AP rate on a Deluxe. I know it won't happen:sad:...but I'm dreaming with you:)

I called and no regular view room was available at any of the Epcot resorts for our dates (July 20-24). It's my first time "playing" with AP rates, does it always work like that ? How could they run out of rooms so fast :(
Beach Club doesnt have any room available for those dates, AP rate or not.

I don't get it.They're giving discounts in resorts that are full, meanwhile the Poly is showing availability for every night in July :confused3

I don't understand their reasoning either :confused3 :sad2:

Tried my dates again and once again nothing at AP and only one at AAA with a price that I'm not willing to pay for that particular resort.

Oh well it looks like its the offsite townhouse for us this trip. We used to be an onsite family but now....... Hopefully we'll :cloud9: the townhouse and then Disney can stick their discounts :mad:

I really don't think there's as much availability for June & July as you all think there is.....

I have a ressie at the CR for DH & I & was hoping for an AP rate for any just about any deluxe resort (except SSR & OKW). I checked to see if anything was available the afternoon that the rates were released & all I was able to find was OKW, SSR & a Deluxe Club at BWV.....

This tells me 2 things.

1. That a very small number of rooms were released &
2. Occupancy for June & July is very high.

Just because the website shows availability at many resorts in many catagories doesn't mean much.....It means that they may have 1 room in each catagory, or that they may have more. We'll never really know.......

Just be glad that they came out at all. :hippie:

I called and no regular view room was available at any of the Epcot resorts for our dates (July 20-24). It's my first time "playing" with AP rates, does it always work like that ? How could they run out of rooms so fast :(

I felt the same way when the spring AP rates came out. We had an existing reservation at WL, and both my AAA agent and I were on the phone first thing try to change to an AP rate and there was nothing. First day, seven AM, and nothing available! I was so mad! I ended up being able to pick up a day or two of a higher room category (of course), but never all 7 nights. That was my first experience trying to get AP rates and I was shocked at how few there were. I know they're advertised as limited availability, but seriously! I understand now why so many people say that you shouldn't get an AP just for the room rates, because it seems like they're harder to get than an ADR for CRT!

I really don't think there's as much availability for June & July as you all think there is.....

I have a ressie at the CR for DH & I & was hoping for an AP rate for any just about any deluxe resort (except SSR & OKW). I checked to see if anything was available the afternoon that the rates were released & all I was able to find was OKW, SSR & a Deluxe Club at BWV.....

This tells me 2 things.

1. That a very small number of rooms were released &
2. Occupancy for June & July is very high.

Just because the website shows availability at many resorts in many catagories doesn't mean much.....It means that they may have 1 room in each catagory, or that they may have more. We'll never really know.......

Just be glad that they came out at all. :hippie:
I might disagree with you.
When I called for availability for June 8 - 16..... I was told ALL resorts that were included in the AP discount had availability in all catagories. So he quoted me prices for BW, BC, OKW and SS. BW and BC/YC were still a bit out of our price range.... and we've never stayed at SS.... so here we go... to SS for just $138 more that AAA rate at CSR. :banana:

Last year, we waited a week after the AP rates were announced to try to book at the BC and had no trouble getting a standard view room at $189 per night July 21-28. :banana: We waited because we hadn't really planned to go last summer and were debating whether to plan a trip if we could get that rate. :goodvibes We didn't even actually have an AP at the time we booked. However, this year, I called at 7:30 the morning they were released and there was no availability at any EPCOT Resort 7/14-7/21. :scared1: I even tried changing my dates to 7/8-7/15--nothing. :sad2: I was so frustrated, I called back three more times throughtout the day. :confused: The third time was the charm, CM said there was one room available 7/8-7/15 at BWI. :yay: We took it and cancelled our WL 7/14-7/21. :sad2: (The WL is our favorite resort but can't justify the extra money if we can get a discount for another delux.) Sooooo, we're wondering if they release more rooms several days into the promotion. The CM told me that BC/YC were both completely booked 7/14-7/21 and there weren't even any full price rooms available so he didn't think there could be any availability of AP rooms later. Maybe it's better that we changed our dates. If it's really that full it might be unusually crowded at the parks. Hope we like the BWI!

DW, DH, DD13, DS6

1999- WL
2000- WL
2002- WL
2003- CR & WL
2005- AKL & WL
2006- BC

There has not been room available at the BC past 7/14 for weeks. We are booked July 8-14 at BC then switching to GF. When we checked several weeks ago there was not availability at the Yacht or Beach Club past July 14. So, it is not just due to the AP rates.....maybe something else is going on?

Travel is up this summer and even though Disney is showing availability, without access to Disney's system, we'll never know exactly how much availability there really is.

The other thing is that in late June, there is a Disney Store/Children's place Manager's meeting (over 1000 managers attending) and they'll be at the Yacht Club, with quite a few rooms being held for pre & post meeting stays.....I don't have a doubt that this is effecting availability..... :)

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: My kids just recieved their personalized Disney World maps today, they're so excited. They came with a real nice folder and little gold stickers to place onto the maps for our favorite places. They're pretty nice if you haven't seen them yet.

Only 39 days to go now, it's getting closer and closer really fast, we can't wait. 12 nights at the G.Floridian 6/27 to 7/9. All dining reservations are made, now just praying for everyone to stay healthy, safe flights, great weather and no more WDW closings for rehabs.

We were gonna stay at the Polynesian again with two nights at the Caribbean resort, but the girls took a vote and wanted the Grand Floridian this time, but I'll miss the Poly, but I'm surely not gonna miss that Kona coffee, thats on my calendar for each morning.

My niece, husband, daughter 5, and son 6 just returned from the Saratoga Springs after a week stay with great weather, their first WDW trip, and they had an absolute blast, the kids loved it. She said the DISboards and everyone's feedback helped her plan the perfect trip. Lucky them, her sister-in-law is a Disney cast member which made it all that much better...Good for them, they deserved it.:dance3:

On a sad note though, she said they could see the fires north of Orlando from their plane as they flew by. Lets keep those folks in our prayers and pray for some rain to help the firefighters.

Thank goodness my son is not "too cool" to go with us despite his college status! :cool1: Actually, we feel blessed that both of our kids (the other will be 17 soon) still love to travel with us. Have a great trip! :woohoo:

:goodvibes You see, even older kids love WDW. But what makes it so much more joyful is having a family that loves and respects each other, you have a beautiful family.

Sooooo psyched! :yay: Just booked July 28-August 2 at the YC. Never stayed in the Epcot area before, other than one wonderful stay at the Dolphin.

My kids are going to love SAB!!! We usually go in the cooler months and although we use the pools, I am sure we'll go more often than ever now, and WHAT A POOL TO HAVE! :beach:

We got the $194.00/night Standard View rate which is less than 1/2 per night of what I was going to pay at the GF. As much as I love, love, love the GF - this is too good a deal to pass up!

Good luck to everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter