• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2007 Rate/Code Watch

Called earlier this morning.
We are going July 20-31. Had reservations for WL from 7/20-7/27 and BC from 7/28-31.
Tried to get YC/BC for either entire stay or even a split stay. Was told nothing available at either for our dates. I ended up changing to BWI for all 11 nights for $194 per night.
Saving about $30 per night off WL and $140 per night off BC.
We were hoping for YC/BC because of the pool but always wanted to stay at BWI also so very happy with our results.

We are going sometime in July, there is a great "Ding" through Southwest airlines for $49 one way to Orlando, but still hoping for a discount on a Value Resort!! princess:

I tried 5 (yes, five!) times today to get into BWI/BC/YC in any various range of dates from 7/12 to 7/27. The closest I came was a concierge suite for
$1,200 a night :rotfl2:

Not sure there is much hope in getting any ressies to those spots . . .

My first attempt was at 7:15AM CST this morning. The rooms were already gone :sad2:

We are going sometime in July, there is a great "Ding" through Southwest airlines for $49 one way to Orlando, but still hoping for a discount on a Value Resort!! princess:

$49 ????

Please tell me you are NOT flying from Chicago.

I am about to become VERY sad, having paid $30 more RT per ticket. . . . :sad1:

Please check my math…

I have the AP rate at Boardwalk for eight nights in July. It seems to me that it’s a great deal. But, I would feel better if you all check my math.

I know the non dining plan food budget might seem low – but, we are really good about food expense and don’t eat sit down every single day. So, I feel confident that we can average $175 a day. The hoppers are nine days – just in case we want to run into the parks on our departure day.

Without AP
$2,832 Previous Rate $354 per night (incl taxes) for eight nights
1,080 Four adult nine day hoppers at $270
1,248 Dining Plan for four over eight days ($39 x 4 x 8)
$ 5,160 Total

With AP rate
$ 1,744 AP Rate $218 per night (incl taxes) for eight nights
320 One Annual Pass
810 Three adult nine day hoppers at $270
1,400 Food budget = averaging $175 per day for eight days
$ 4,274 Total

It seems like the AP rate makes giving up the dining plan worth it. What do you all think?

Please check my math…

I have the AP rate at Boardwalk for eight nights in July. It seems to me that it’s a great deal. But, I would feel better if you all check my math.

I know the non dining plan food budget might seem low – but, we are really good about food expense and don’t eat sit down every single day. So, I feel confident that we can average $175 a day. The hoppers are nine days – just in case we want to run into the parks on our departure day.

Without AP
$ 5,160 Total

With AP rate
320 One Annual Pass
$ 4,274 Total

It seems like the AP rate makes giving up the dining plan worth it. What do you all think?

I would give up the dining plan and use the AP rate
thats a savings of at least 700 bucks
go for it

Please check my math…

It looks ok to me - I was just wondering why you you booked with the dining plan if you don't want to have a table service meal everyday? I'm really impressed if you can feed 4 adults OOP for $175 per day. Sounds like the Rachael Ray show - $40 a day. Good for you!

With AP rate
320 One Annual Pass
$ 4,274 Total
QUOTE]

The only thing I question is your Annual pass rate. I've got $462.21 for an adult annual pass rather than the $320 you indicated. I may be wrong, but you want to make sure you've got the right price.

Remember too that you can buy the Disney Dining Experience card for $65 and that will save you 20% off Table Service if you do it. It doesn't take much to add up, so that might be another way for you to save on dining.

But to me, the AP rate seems the way to go for you.

Oh! Good catch on the annual pass. It is more. I'm still pretty far ahead though. I think I'll go with the AP.

$175 is kind of low for food for four. But, we never order soda at a meal. We just get the water. It's better for us and saves nearly $10 per meal. We bring snacks like trailmix bars and pretzels with us into the park. And, we bring a refillable water bottle during the day. We also buy the refillable mugs at the hotel. I am kind of frugal anyway. But, DH is downright CHEAP! LOL

Chris

we are at ssr on points for july1-6 then 6 -8 on ap discount (164) cheaper than the 231 dvc members discount (no dining plan on those two nights )then back on points for july 8-9. thinking about the disney dining experience for 65 dollars.

Please check my math…

Without AP
$ 5,160 Total

With AP rate
320 One Annual Pass
$ 4,274 Total

We have annual passes. I really like the dining plan, though. So we were going to stay at WL in July on a AAA package to get the dining plan. With the new AP rates this morning, I got BWI for $194 a night (without tax). I went through all the meus of the restaurants we have ADR's at. We already have our DDE cards. If we skip the appetizer and/or dessert, I've figured out that we can eat for $150 a day. My DD 13 usually eats off the kid's menu if it's not buffet, so that will save a lot of money. Anyway, I figured my total savings switching from WL to BWI is close to $700.00, which is well worth switching to me!!!

This is certainly exciting. The only thing is we really have our heart set on the Poly and have it booked for 7/12 - 7/29. Triple AAA rate of $275, plus tax. We love the BC and YC so now we have to decide if it's worth it to change. Does anyone know what the rates are looking like for BC/YC?

PamNC

Same here. I'd love to get a discount of course, and also an excuse to get an AP :rotfl: but we have our hearts set on the Poly (we'll be there July 21-24, maybe we'll see you there!). Oh well, we're saving a lot of money by doing a split stay instead.

We have annual passes. I really like the dining plan, though. So we were going to stay at WL in July on a AAA package to get the dining plan.

What dining plan did you get for July on AAA? We are at the Poly in July on AAA rate and since AP rates do me no good, I might be interested in at least a dining plan.

Thanks!

Same here. I'd love to get a discount of course, and also an excuse to get an AP :rotfl: but we have our hearts set on the Poly (we'll be there July 21-24, maybe we'll see you there!). Oh well, we're saving a lot of money by doing a split stay instead.

Yes, maybe we'll rub elbows. Glad to know I'm not the only one giving up a discounted rate to stay at the Poly. I wish they would give discounts for more resorts but that isn't going to happen. Split stay, huh? That's a good idea. Hmmmm. Nah....I'm staying at the Poly. We haven't stayed there wince 2004. We're usually frugal (as frugal as one can be at Disney) with our resort selection. We stay deluxe but only with a discount. But this time we're treating ourselves. I guess the AAA rate is better than nothing.

Have a great time.

pamNC

Yes, maybe we'll rub elbows. Glad to know I'm not the only one giving up a discounted rate to stay at the Poly. I wish they would give discounts for more resorts but that isn't going to happen. Split stay, huh? That's a good idea. Hmmmm. Nah....I'm staying at the Poly. We haven't stayed there wince 2004. We're usually frugal (as frugal as one can be at Disney) with our resort selection. We stay deluxe but only with a discount. But this time we're treating ourselves. I guess the AAA rate is better than nothing.

Have a great time.

pamNC

While I did take a one night AP rate for YC, the balance of my trip (7/12-20/07) is at our beloved Polynesian. I do have to keep pushing that discounted rate at BWI or YC/BC to the back of my brain though. When you book in concierge that is one whopper of a savings! It must be true :love: .

We are so looking forward to July. . . :woohoo:

What dining plan did you get for July on AAA? We are at the Poly in July on AAA rate and since AP rates do me no good, I might be interested in at least a dining plan.

Thanks!

It's the same dining plan that available for $39 a day through Disney, but you have to have a package (which means at least 1 day of ticket). The only way to get a package with the AAA rate is through AAA directly. The discount is on the room and not on the package. I believe for a deluxe it's 15 or 20 percent, depending on the season.

It's the same dining plan that available for $39 a day through Disney, but you have to have a package (which means at least 1 day of ticket). The only way to get a package with the AAA rate is through AAA directly. The discount is on the room and not on the package. I believe for a deluxe it's 15 or 20 percent, depending on the season.
What dining plan is available for $39 through Disney??

Yesterday at 3:00 p.m. we got 2 nights (7/29 and 7/30) for the AP rate of $194/night. There are still rates available. Just a heads up for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter