• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2007 Rate/Code Watch

We booked BC 7/7-14. Standard view with AP. My wife called right at 7AM. We usually stay at WL. Can't wait to jump in the pool at BC:cool1: .

There has not been room available at the BC past 7/14 for weeks. We are booked July 8-14 at BC then switching to GF. When we checked several weeks ago there was not availability at the Yacht or Beach Club past July 14. So, it is not just due to the AP rates.....maybe something else is going on?

The BC shows availability for standard or water view or both for these nights :

july 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24

We were looking for 20-24 but willing to swith to YC or BWI for a night or two if needed. They show availability, just not at AP rates.

ETA : WOOHOO I'M SO HAPPY !!!!!
Guys don't give up, keep trying. Last night I was told there was no standard room available anywhere, but today I just got us 3 nights at the BWI. Not my first choice,and we'll have to spend our last night somewhere else, but still this is awesome :) And as always I owe it all to the DIS!

I officially gave up hoping for a July deal or Code. I paid my AAA balance off last week, but hey, I am GOING in 51 days!!!!!:cool1:

It looks like Disney will have to now deal with cast member union problems over pay increases. According to news reports this morning, the deadline was extended until midnight Monday 5/21. Who will be paying for this? I hope NOT the guests, but...can we expect discounts now? I can see price increases in the near future.

Is there anyone who can say these workers, who include bus drivers, laundry services and parking attendants do not deserve an increase in pay and benefits, especially given the rapid cost of living increases, gas and energy prices... and Disney's profits?

Here's the link to the story;

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007May19/0,4670,DisneyUnions,00.html

Anyone have additional information on this? If there's a strike at WDW when we arrive June 26th, I'm gonna flip, and I'll never purchase another Disney product again, this won't be the first time a looming strike occured during one of our vacations. Do I sound too harsh? The reason? My kids, and your's have waited so long and worked so hard for our vacations there.

If the cast members deserve this contract, then settle it. There's nothing worse than disgruntled workers.

I am sure Disney will do everything not to disrupt guests vacations. These people deserve to have a decent salary. Disney has extended the contract several times.

If there is a strike going on when you get there I am sure they will have many other cast members filling in.

:goodvibes You see, even older kids love WDW. But what makes it so much more joyful is having a family that loves and respects each other, you have a beautiful family.

:hug: Thanks for the compliment--I think they are pretty special too. :love: You are so right, we have been very blessed with wonderful kids.

Is there anyone who can say these workers, who include bus drivers, laundry services and parking attendants do not deserve an increase in pay and benefits, especially given the rapid cost of living increases, gas and energy prices... and Disney's profits?

As a stockholder I appreciate their increased profits. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter