Joy and Sadness

kaleenoc

Earning My Ears
How has the line been for Joy and Sadness recently? I know it would get pretty long when they first started meeting, but I was wondering if it is still that way. We're going next Friday and are planning to be at Epcot by 8:15-8:30, go immediately to Soarin', and then get in line to meet Joy and Sadness. We need to meet them by 9:40. Do you think we'd be able to if we did Soarin' first? Or should we go to Joy and Sadness first and then do Soarin' afterwards?

Definitely do Joy and Sadness first, THEN go to Soarin'. The wait for Soarin' a little after park opening won't be more than 15 or 20 minutes, probably less.

Not to mention the line for Joy and Sadness is horrible, slow moving snake across the room. When we were there last week, it was pretty consistently more than 25 minutes. That was one of the character meets we passed on.

Their lines have been about the same ever since they started. It's pretty consistently a 45-60 min wait all day. I'd either go first think in the morning or late at night

Oh great topic as I'm working on my Epcot day. Here is my ? for anyone. We're going on a day with EMH from 8-9A. Will Joy and Sadness be out at 8am or do they wait till normal park hours?

If they're out at 8 does this sound crazy?
Rope drop 8AM
Test Track, Joy and Sadness, Soarin, Character Meet and Greet, then FP TT at like 11
(I'm thinking the line for Joy and Sadness would be shorter than Soarin)

It was the longest line of our trip. We met them on the 10th and was in line 45min to an hour. We got in line after 7 and were on our way to Japan around 820. We committed so didn't watch the clock.

The line moves slow because they take time with each group. It was by far the best meet we did, saying that as 2 adults with no kids that did lots of meets. I told Sadness she was my favorite, I love her story in the movie. She grabbed my hand after our hug and squeezed tight. We "chatted" and she led me to.the wall so we could put our heads against it and cry. It was awesome. I just wish the pp had taken a pic of it.

I highly recommend it, just know the line moves slow and there's no wait time clock for them or baymax.

Are they the same line as Baymax, or is he a separate line? We're really not into the M&Gs but will be going with a younger niece who is. For my kids, Joy, Sadness & Baymax will be the ones worth waiting for.

Are they the same line as Baymax, or is he a separate line? We're really not into the M&Gs but will be going with a younger niece who is. For my kids, Joy, Sadness & Baymax will be the ones worth waiting for.

Separate line. Same location. Baymax much shorter. We waited less than 15 mins for Baymax. 15-20 mins pretty normal. He does not sign autograph and costume makes his interactions rather limited in time and scope.

Oh great topic as I'm working on my Epcot day. Here is my ? for anyone. We're going on a day with EMH from 8-9A. Will Joy and Sadness be out at 8am or do they wait till normal park hours?

If they're out at 8 does this sound crazy?
Rope drop 8AM
Test Track, Joy and Sadness, Soarin, Character Meet and Greet, then FP TT at like 11
(I'm thinking the line for Joy and Sadness would be shorter than Soarin)

They come out at regular park opening but some people line up during EMH and wait until 9.

Like Mac said it's different lines.

Baymax, Joy & Sadness, And Mickey with friends are all 3 separate lines. And the FP for the character spot is only for Mickey and friends, the FP doesn't include baymax or joy/sadness

Just met them last Monday! We went straight there at rope drop with a 9:00AM open. Daughters were third in line for Joy & Sadness, son was first in line for Baymax. He met Baymax, came over and met J&S with us, then we all went back over and met Baymax again and we were outside at 9:13. Definitely do the meets first (J&S, then Baymax if you're doing both). If you go straight to Soarin' after that the wait should still be short.

How late at night does it drop down to say.. 15-20 min?

If you can do evening EMH at EPCOT, that is a great time. We hopped over from DHS after the Star Wars fireworks. We waited about 45 minutes after EMH started to be sure the regular hours line had cleared out and our wait was only around 15 minutes. When we were at EPCOT for the day 2 days earlier, their line was pretty consistently an hour all day. I don't think I have heard any reports of what it typically is in the last half hour the park is open, but I think the day we were there a full day the app was still showing 45 minutes.

OP-- does the park open at 9? It might be hard to do both by 9:40. We went to Soarin first and then went to Joy and Sadness, and were there by I think 9:20 and their line was already an hour. Seems like by the time we got out of Soarin the Soarin line had already built up to 45 minutes too. If Joy and Sadness are important, I would probably do them first, but I would also have a back up plan for if you can't get both done before 9:40.

Great! Thank you everyone. We will be meeting Joy and Sadness first.

OP-- does the park open at 9? It might be hard to do both by 9:40. We went to Soarin first and then went to Joy and Sadness, and were there by I think 9:20 and their line was already an hour. Seems like by the time we got out of Soarin the Soarin line had already built up to 45 minutes too. If Joy and Sadness are important, I would probably do them first, but I would also have a back up plan for if you can't get both done before 9:40.

The park does open at 9 that day. We only need to meet Joy and Sadness by 9:40. There's really no time limit for when we get Soarin' done. I just wasn't sure if the line for Soarin' would be extremely long by that point.

Ugh tough call! We had planned to do Soarin at RD and go to Joy and Sadness after, but I doubt my kids will want to wait that long for it. Meeting them is more for me than for them, lol.

So if there is an 8am EMH what should one do? I was thinking Test Track, Soaring, line up for J&S. FP for Frozen. We can't do single rider on TT. Kenny hasn't tested it but suggested coming back in the evening if need be. Crowd level prediction (i.e. guess) is 5/10.

thanks!

So if there is an 8am EMH what should one do? I was thinking Test Track, Soaring, line up for J&S. FP for Frozen. We can't do single rider on TT. Kenny hasn't tested it but suggested coming back in the evening if need be. Crowd level prediction (i.e. guess) is 5/10.

thanks!
That's what I would do and cross my fingers tons of people didn't line up for J&S early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter