Jingle Bell Jingle BAM Show at DHS with Dessert Party Details POST 8

Good luck! I am at the party with "the group" on 12/3. Hope to get to meet you there and thank you for all your expertise and input!
If you still can't decipher the drink, I will try my hand (as a former bartender) at picking out an ingredients you might have overlooked. It may take many tastings. . . :drinking1
I volunteer to be your assistant!

Good luck! I am at the party with "the group" on 12/3. Hope to get to meet you there and thank you for all your expertise and input!
If you still can't decipher the drink, I will try my hand (as a former bartender) at picking out an ingredients you might have overlooked. It may take many tastings. . . :drinking1
Thank you, I'm using trisha yearwood's recipe, forgot what site and I'm not home. But it shows you how to make the gingerbread syrup, it had bailey's and vodka

Thank you, I'm using trisha yearwood's recipe, forgot what site and I'm not home. But it shows you how to make the gingerbread syrup, it had bailey's and vodka
the sign says whipped cream vodka, half and half and gingerbread syrup. you're going to be making gingerbread syrup? you're a better woman than I am lol. that sounds yummy but I would probably start with 2 vodka, 1 half and half 1/2 syrup (kind of based on a classic white russian) and adjust from there. might need more half and half. Let us know how the bailey's version is though, I love that stuff too lol.

lazy lisa would be tracking down this stuff:

750_ml_gingerbread_1.png

the sign says whipped cream vodka, half and half and gingerbread syrup. you're going to be making gingerbread syrup? you're a better woman than I am lol. that sounds yummy but I would probably start with 2 vodka, 1 half and half 1 syrup and adjust from there. might need more half and half. Let us know how the bailey's version is though, I love that stuff too lol.

750_ml_gingerbread_1.png
Where world I find this? I'm at mk right now but I'm going layer to abc to get the vodka and bailey's

Where world I find this? I'm at mk right now but I'm going layer to abc to get the vodka and bailey's
anywhere that sells fancy coffee stuff? i'm not sure honestly, I live on martha's vineyard and there is so much stuff I can't find here that I get used to ordering stuff from amazon. a quick google on where to buy monin syrup in orlando suggests buying online. So maybe make it from scratch and order it and do a comparison when you get the premade. All in the name of science of course. it is still over a month til christmas! :drinking1

You might be able to find it at a store like Home Goods, Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, etc. I used to buy flavored syrumps to make coffee bakests for gifts and always had luck at those type stores.

the sign says whipped cream vodka, half and half and gingerbread syrup. you're going to be making gingerbread syrup? you're a better woman than I am lol. that sounds yummy but I would probably start with 2 vodka, 1 half and half 1/2 syrup (kind of based on a classic white russian) and adjust from there. might need more half and half. Let us know how the bailey's version is though, I love that stuff too lol.

750_ml_gingerbread_1.png

I used to own this and it's delicious!! That's what we use for martinis, in coffee, over ice cream, whatever. LOL

well didn't find the gingerbread syrup so I'm making my own. And I'm also pretty sure I looked like a fool at the liquor store. When did every flavor under the sun become associated with vodka? seriously? birthday cake vodka? :) so I'm making this tomorrow and to be honest I have little faith that it'll come out good. My daughter told me that since I will start early with the mixing and trying I'm going to be drunk by the time the whole family comes by, since I don't really drink anything

well didn't find the gingerbread syrup so I'm making my own. And I'm also pretty sure I looked like a fool at the liquor store. When did every flavor under the sun become associated with vodka? seriously? birthday cake vodka? :) so I'm making this tomorrow and to be honest I have little faith that it'll come out good. My daughter told me that since I will start early with the mixing and trying I'm going to be drunk by the time the whole family comes by, since I don't really drink anything
I love that you are willing to take one for the team!

Hi all - we attend the Nov. 22 JBJB dessert party and I thought I would add my thoughts.

Our 9 year old LOVED ... the hot cocoa and mini candy canes, rice Krispies.
Husband ... liked the Yuengling beer, the meatballs, the hot chocolate/peppermint cake with ice cream ... he said he was disappointed they didn't have cookies.
me ... the spinach dip, the hot caramel/chocolate cake and the flash frozen chocolate mint nitro thing.

but that was about it. It was fun to try it all, but there wasn't a whole lot that we were super excited about ... except my kid and the hot cocoa.
the cocktails? Well ... maybe I am just not a hard alcohol type of gal, but they were both WAY too strong. All I could taste was burning hot fire. Bleh. They were not good to me at all.

The show - we went straight to the back wall, next to where the guy had a table of water bottles.
We were able to lean against it throughout the show and there was an open space in front of us because most people would crowd up. We were on the very far right side ... so we could see nearly everything but the far left screen blocked by trees, but I don't feel like we missed out on some key element. It was a great view and I recommend this vantage point.

The show was cute ... had a lot of holiday spirit, even if we didn't know the characters. I felt like there were as much fireworks as I expected, so I don't understand the complaining. I also have not see the SW show, so maybe its simply by comparison. It wasn't something that I would tell everyone to go check out, or go back again to see, but it was cute.

So bottom line for us - we booked the party because it was during a very busy Thanksgiving week, and we thought it would be great to have something scheduled that didn't involve waiting in a long line or being completely crowded shoulder to shoulder. On that front, it was a great 90 minutes. We also scheduled FP before and one after, so we had a great evening at DHS that was active but without any hassle. We enjoyed that very much. But for us, the dessert party itself was not worth it alone, and the show itself was not worth it alone ... it was all nice and cute, but nothing blew us away. Your milage may vary.

hope this helps!

success!! well sort of
Followed this recipe, doubled everything, including syrup cause I needed more than 4 servings. Took out the Kahlua and Ice Cream. The syrup came out great btw. The drink was stronger than the party so I had some almond milk eggnog, added that and it's really good.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/gingerbread-martini.html

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
15202606_10211388098443950_4285741344053103197_n.jpg

Hi all - we attend the Nov. 22 JBJB dessert party and I thought I would add my thoughts.

Our 9 year old LOVED ... the hot cocoa and mini candy canes, rice Krispies.
Husband ... liked the Yuengling beer, the meatballs, the hot chocolate/peppermint cake with ice cream ... he said he was disappointed they didn't have cookies.
me ... the spinach dip, the hot caramel/chocolate cake and the flash frozen chocolate mint nitro thing.

but that was about it. It was fun to try it all, but there wasn't a whole lot that we were super excited about ... except my kid and the hot cocoa.
the cocktails? Well ... maybe I am just not a hard alcohol type of gal, but they were both WAY too strong. All I could taste was burning hot fire. Bleh. They were not good to me at all.

The show - we went straight to the back wall, next to where the guy had a table of water bottles.
We were able to lean against it throughout the show and there was an open space in front of us because most people would crowd up. We were on the very far right side ... so we could see nearly everything but the far left screen blocked by trees, but I don't feel like we missed out on some key element. It was a great view and I recommend this vantage point.

The show was cute ... had a lot of holiday spirit, even if we didn't know the characters. I felt like there were as much fireworks as I expected, so I don't understand the complaining. I also have not see the SW show, so maybe its simply by comparison. It wasn't something that I would tell everyone to go check out, or go back again to see, but it was cute.

So bottom line for us - we booked the party because it was during a very busy Thanksgiving week, and we thought it would be great to have something scheduled that didn't involve waiting in a long line or being completely crowded shoulder to shoulder. On that front, it was a great 90 minutes. We also scheduled FP before and one after, so we had a great evening at DHS that was active but without any hassle. We enjoyed that very much. But for us, the dessert party itself was not worth it alone, and the show itself was not worth it alone ... it was all nice and cute, but nothing blew us away. Your milage may vary.

hope this helps!

thanks for the review! your 9 year old sounds like how my 8 year old will be... rice krispie treats and hot cocoa and happy, lol.

I expect to go and have a nice time but not be completely blown away. Your review pretty much supports that :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter