***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

First Everest and now Splash - my two favorite rides. Crushed they won't be open during our trip. Too bad Tron won't open in time to make up for these.

However, we have never ridden Kali because it is always closed during our trip and it sounds like it will actually be open this time. If we like Splash, should we try Kali?

I knew I could come here and grieve with you guys! I was just thinking that there is no way they would announce it now that we are a week into Dec for a Jan refurb. I have 3 other trips for 2022 so I really cannot complain, but it is our #1 favorite ride so I’m having a hard time missing it when its days are numbered AND we ride it like a million times a trip!

still really excited though. Nothing can (fully) rain on my parade!!

First Everest and now Splash - my two favorite rides. Crushed they won't be open during our trip. Too bad Tron won't open in time to make up for these.

However, we have never ridden Kali because it is always closed during our trip and it sounds like it will actually be open this time. If we like Splash, should we try Kali?

Kali is pretty different. I've never done Splash, but I've seen the videos of it. Kali doesn't have animatronics, songs, or a big drop. Its a pretty standard rapid ride, if you've done one at another amusement park, its pretty similar. Less entertaining and more mild in terms of thrill. That being said, I've been on it a few times and I've gotten SOAKED. If its a cool day on your day at AK I would NOT recommend it. You have a better chance of getting wet on Kali and really no option to control it. Its luck of the draw. From what I can tell on Splash if you sit further back you can avoid the worst of it.

Not meaning this in a snarky way, just want to say about the only thing in common between the 2 rides is water. You will want to ensure you're prepared to get SOAKED on Kali. It may not happen but often does and even just sitting in the seat can soak your sitter-downer. ;)

Kali is pretty different. I've never done Splash, but I've seen the videos of it. Kali doesn't have animatronics, songs, or a big drop. Its a pretty standard rapid ride, if you've done one at another amusement park, its pretty similar. Less entertaining and more mild in terms of thrill. That being said, I've been on it a few times and I've gotten SOAKED. If its a cool day on your day at AK I would NOT recommend it. You have a better chance of getting wet on Kali and really no option to control it. Its luck of the draw. From what I can tell on Splash if you sit further back you can avoid the worst of it.
Not meaning this in a snarky way, just want to say about the only thing in common between the 2 rides is water. You will want to ensure you're prepared to get SOAKED on Kali. It may not happen but often does and even just sitting in the seat can soak your sitter-downer. ;)

Thank you, both! Unless we have a really hot day, I think we will skip it. It just doesn't sound as appealing as Splash. I appreciate the head's up.

Last edited:
Darn! I was hoping they weren't doing it this year. I've actually never been on, but have want to ride for a long time. Oh well. Fingers crossed it won't be closed for my September trip.
Yep same. I always go when they refurb and was crossing my fingers I would get to. It would be nice to do it once before they total refurb. Maybe a another trip!

Saw a Poly standard room res last night for $585 during our trip. Am I crazy or is that really low? It was gone when I woke up butttt popped back up while I was waiting to unload my kid at school. Decided the Fates were nudging me hard and emailed my Dreams agent Karen. She was so fast and we snagged it. Leaving it as a surprise for my 14 year old nice coming with us. Let’s be honest it’s more for me and DH. It’s our first deluxe stay. We’re stoked for even the two nights… which by the way cost us $1000 extra. That’s about 20% of our whole vacation cost till we upgraded those nights. Curse you Disney! Lol

Saw a Poly standard room res last night for $585 during our trip. Am I crazy or is that really low? It was gone when I woke up butttt popped back up while I was waiting to unload my kid at school. Decided the Fates were nudging me hard and emailed my Dreams agent Karen. She was so fast and we snagged it. Leaving it as a surprise for my 14 year old nice coming with us. Let’s be honest it’s more for me and DH. It’s our first deluxe stay. We’re stoked for even the two nights… which by the way cost us $1000 extra. That’s about 20% of our whole vacation cost till we upgraded those nights. Curse you Disney! Lol

That's about the same price that what we got our reservation a few months ago. We're doing splits stay with our trip ending there - it's my dream resort!

That's about the same price that what we got our reservation a few months ago. We're doing splits stay with our trip ending there - it's my dream resort!
That’s awesome! We will also be ending our trip there and it’s also my dream resort. How funny lol.

What do we think about Tree of Life Awakenings? It only has showtimes posted through Jan 1, haven’t been able to see Pandora at night in a long time and would also love to catch this show too. Failure to upload times, or just not running it?

What do we think about Tree of Life Awakenings? It only has showtimes posted through Jan 1, haven’t been able to see Pandora at night in a long time and would also love to catch this show too. Failure to upload times, or just not running it?
I would be surprised if it doesn't run. My guess is it's just late loading times. It's neat to see for sure!

We will probably be moving our trip to September. Was hoping the indoor masks would be gone (not asking to debate it just saying our reason). We were going to be there for my husband's 50th birthday at the end of January. I got every ADR we wanted to include Space 220 and Rose and Crown fireworks package and MK dessert parties so it is a little hard to pull the trigger on moving it but need to here in the next week or so.

Just in case anyone is interested, I put a touring plans request in for dining reservations at the new creperie in France and it looks like a bunch just opened up for dinner at the end of January

Was coming here to report the same thing. Got mine booked for my drinking around the world day in early February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter