January 2017 Car Rental Rate Watch Thread

HELP -
Anyone know codes to try for trip 12/29 - 1/2? Need room for 5 people plus bags. Tried Costco and Carrentalsavers and both are about $100 per day for a full size.

Posted in the December 2016 thread but so far no response and the codes there do not seem to work for a January return date.

HELP -
Anyone know codes to try for trip 12/29 - 1/2? Need room for 5 people plus bags. Tried Costco and Carrentalsavers and both are about $100 per day for a full size.

Posted in the December 2016 thread but so far no response and the codes there do not seem to work for a January return date.

Alamo codes might help
7016220 is a Florida corporate code I found that gives good rates,
Coupon code
AU5235ASJ Free car upgrade valid through 12/31 pick up
AD2822SFF $25 off if base price $175 or more
You can stack the codes so use the first in the corporate box and choose one of the coupons to enter until you get what you want.

HELP -

Over NYE pickings will be slim as to codes/coupons. Many require overnight on a Saturday/weekly (5 days). Other than some upgrades or weekend rentals, coupons as above won't work.

Best rate likely thru Priceline but due diligence in bidding recommended...offer half of what is going rate & allow for the fees.

Just checked my priced with Dollar again. Using their "30% off" 101151 promo code, I managed to get it from $200 to $188 for a small SUV (which was cheapest). Glad the rates are starting to drop!

Last edited:

I just checked Budget and their prices seem to be down. 1/19-1/29 $194 w/out a coupon for a full size vehicle. It doesn't beat my Dollar price but I thought I'd share anyways. I know the prices have been ridiculous lately!

I perused the Costco Travel website today, and rental rates for late January were surprisingly low with Budget and Avis. I was seeing 7-day rates, all-inclusive, in the $130's up to Intermediate size. And Alamo was offering a "standard van" (Toyota Sienna or similar) for about $260, a car size I don't use but which sounded pretty competitive. It was particularly surprising to see Avis offering such low rates; they tend to be rather pricey regardless of time of year.

Just checked Alamo and booked standard for Jan 28-Feb 3 $157. Alamo doesn't have a standard category at MCO so that bumps us to a full. Used codes listed below

florida code

double upgrade

Edit to remove code that was one time use

Last edited:

Just checked Alamo and booked standard for Jan 28-Feb 3 $157. Alamo doesn't have a standard category at MCO so that bumps us to a full. Used codes listed below

florida code

double upgrade

AU55G2PPVQ

When I try using that coupon code it says the serial coupon has been redeemed.

My rental through Enterprise dropped another $30. 1/31/17-2/7/17, minivan, $250.

Anyone getting any great last minute rates? The one's I'm seeing are still through the roof...starting to get a bit worried for our trip next week :guilty:

Anyone getting any great last minute rates? The one's I'm seeing are still through the roof...starting to get a bit worried for our trip next week :guilty:

Nope. :guilty: We leave Friday and I've been checking every day with prices still high. Dollar came down a bit, but still not cheaper than my original reservation.

Nope. :guilty: We leave Friday and I've been checking every day with prices still high. Dollar came down a bit, but still not cheaper than my original reservation.
Same here. We leave next Wednesday and rates haven't come down much. Not close to my original reservation from three months ago.

I found a BJ's code that brings my minivan rental down to 227. Do they ask you for your BJs membership card?

Dollar finally came down today! For 1/13/17 - 1/17/17 a compact is $118 total.

That's a great deal! I wish mine had come down like that. I'm still getting quotes between $300-$500.

I found a BJ's code that brings my minivan rental down to 227. Do they ask you for your BJs membership card?

I don't know if they would ask or not but if you don't have the card I wouldn't risk it.

Has anyone else noticed that mini vans have been the cheapest options the last few days? They're still $300+ for my dates but they still are showing up $100+ less than even economy.

Has anyone else noticed that mini vans have been the cheapest options the last few days? They're still $300+ for my dates but they still are showing up $100+ less than even economy.[/QUOTE]

YES! I was coming to say just that! Alamo has one for just at $200 with the Fl code for Jan 28-Feb3

I'm wondering if they have a lot left over from the holidays and trying to thin out the fleet....

It has been some weeks now, and nothing reasonable from Alamo for Jan 28 - Feb 4. Of course rates can change in a hurry, even entering the final days before departure, but looks like I may have to stick with my Budget booking from a few months ago. I had gotten used to Alamo becoming competitive around this time. :(

It has been some weeks now, and nothing reasonable from Alamo for Jan 28 - Feb 4. Of course rates can change in a hurry, even entering the final days before departure, but looks like I may have to stick with my Budget booking from a few months ago. I had gotten used to Alamo becoming competitive around this time. :(

Its been interesting to say the least. I've been stalking Alamo and got a great rate a few weeks ago playing with codes but have yet to find anything under $200 for the same week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter