January 2017 Car Rental Rate Watch Thread

I was perusing the rates at the Costco Travel site for late Jan to early Feb, and they are completely nuts. :crutches:Fortunately for me, I had already snagged an excellent Budget rate which I had assumed would be a placeholder until something good from Alamo came up, but now I'm not sure. With any luck rates will start to normalize as the dates get closer.

The rates are sky high for late January still. I still have a decent rate from three months ago and expect rates to start going down soon (at least that's what happened last year).

I have a Budget rate for a minivan for 1/29-2/5 for $256. Not too bad, but it would be nice to catch something lower. I saw something a little lower on hotwire, but I didn't feel it was worth it to lose the Fastbreak benefit. Has anyone used Fastbreak at MCO? Does it work there?

joining in on the watch. We will be there from 23-28 and then 2 nights in Titusville before flying home.

I received a "one year Alamo insider anniversary" 2 class upgrade, so was able to rebook with that promo and the Southwest Airlines contract code and got my Fullsize for 6 days down to $145...Making progress

I got a minivan rental for 7 days now down to $280, at neighborhood location with Enterprise, doubt I'll get much cheaper.

9 days...coming in on 1/6 for a midsize

Switched over to Alamo: AP corporate & $25 coupon code = $149

My Best rate was w/dollar $157

For those doing just a week rental, here's the rate break down between Alamo & Dollar.

Alamo: base weekly rate is $101, extra day charges of $15 X 2; minus the $25 coupon

Vs

Dollar base weekly rate $77, my extra day charges of $12 X 2

Could you possibly share that code?
So you can try it but it may be tied to my Alamo Insiders act.
The coupon code was AU545ZCF43, I also used the Southwest airlines contract code of 7013880, but you can use Costco code 7014627 if you want too. Again, not sure the promo will work or if its a one time use coupon.... Best of luck

Couldn't find a February post, so figured I would jump on this one for a possible February trip.

This is lame. Best rate I have found as of about a month ago was dollar for Jan 18-24, $200 all in for a suv if that makes any sense.

This is lame. Best rate I have found as of about a month ago was dollar for Jan 18-24, $200 all in for a suv if that makes any sense.
I agree. Prices for mid to late January are still sky high. Hopefully they start to fall like they did last year. I'm still checking every day or two.

I agree. Prices for mid to late January are still sky high. Hopefully they start to fall like they did last year. I'm still checking every day or two.

What price point had you expected? We didn't rent until end of Feb last year. It's been a few years since we rented in January in MCO.

Using codes posted here & checking often lol for midsize vehicles w/Alamo have a 9 day starting 1/6 for $149 and another rental starting on 1/28 for a week @ $175. I'd like to see them go lower & will keep checking but not holding my breath.

Midsize in range of $150 for a weekly rental the last two years is good by me. IMO the days of $100 weekly rentals are unfortunately, long gone.

What price point had you expected? We didn't rent until end of Feb last year. It's been a few years since we rented in January in MCO.
I got $125 last year for a midsize the third week in January. I'm at $150 now, but the current rates are more than double
that so we'll see if it starts dropping again.

I got $125 last year for a midsize the third week in January. I'm at $150 now, but the current rates are more than double
that so we'll see if it starts dropping again.

Wow a very good rate! Will keep an eye on this thread, ne'er know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter