• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2016 Discount Code Watch

LAST BREAKING NEWS (for all of you discount nerds out there!)

Deluxe Resorts work the same as Moderates - see below! Thread with the details is here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-stay-play-dine-calculation-thread.3451389/

MODERATE & DELUXE RESORTS
TICKETS:
No Discount (no surprise there);
ROOM: $1.00 Off Rack Rate per night (no that isn't a joke!); (with the hotel tax this actually comes to $1.13 per night off)
DINING: Adult #1 = 55% OFF Dining Plan; Person 2-5 = 45% OFF Dining Plan (regardless of adult or child).

That is that folks - SPD has been cracked once again! For everybody except solo travelers this years SPD is most certainly lower than last years. More people should consider the room only discount (especially if your eating habits don't jive with the dining plan and you think you would spend less!).
Good job and great work!!! I love that you figured out how the SPD works this year! Although not as good as last year....I still have to get my fix!!!

LAST BREAKING NEWS (for all of you discount nerds out there!)

Deluxe Resorts work the same as Moderates - see below! Thread with the details is here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-stay-play-dine-calculation-thread.3451389/

MODERATE & DELUXE RESORTS
TICKETS:
No Discount (no surprise there);
ROOM: $1.00 Off Rack Rate per night (no that isn't a joke!); (with the hotel tax this actually comes to $1.13 per night off)
DINING: Adult #1 = 55% OFF Dining Plan; Person 2-5 = 45% OFF Dining Plan (regardless of adult or child).

That is that folks - SPD has been cracked once again! For everybody except solo travelers this years SPD is most certainly lower than last years. More people should consider the room only discount (especially if your eating habits don't jive with the dining plan and you think you would spend less!).

Thank you for sharing with us the fruits of your labor! So appreciated!!!

Thanks for sharing...unfortunately the room I had booked at CR did not qualify for either the RO discount of SPD so I switched to Poly.

I'm curious if anyone knows if rooms will come available that qualify for the discounts. I'm not talking just at the CR, but overall in general. I'm guessing people cancel as the 45 day mark hits and rooms come available?

I called, I booked, I saved. Yay!

But now a little voice is whispering in my ear: "But in January the parks close earlier. You could upgrade the dining plan and fit in so many more character meals..."

Just to confirm (because the computer on the Disney phone line told me it would be 45 minutes before my call was answered): If I know what I saved using S/P/D for the regular dining plan, to figure out how much I'd need to pay to upgrade to the Deluxe plan I would essentially just price out the whole package and just subtract my S/P/D savings. That is, if I saved $360 with the package I have, it'll still be $360 off the cost of the upgraded package? There's no extra savings to be had by upgrading to deluxe, but there's more or less no loss of savings either?

I called, I booked, I saved. Yay!

But now a little voice is whispering in my ear: "But in January the parks close earlier. You could upgrade the dining plan and fit in so many more character meals..."

Just to confirm (because the computer on the Disney phone line told me it would be 45 minutes before my call was answered): If I know what I saved using S/P/D for the regular dining plan, to figure out how much I'd need to pay to upgrade to the Deluxe plan I would essentially just price out the whole package and just subtract my S/P/D savings. That is, if I saved $360 with the package I have, it'll still be $360 off the cost of the upgraded package? There's no extra savings to be had by upgrading to deluxe, but there's more or less no loss of savings either?
That's my understanding based on what I have been reading. Good luck and I hope you have a fabulous trip!

We're staying Thurs/Fri night in January before our cruise on the Fantasy. We have an RO reservation.

We saved....

$6. :) We're staying at Pop so our TA upgraded our room from standard to standard pool in order to get us the $6 savings. I'm afraid of how much payroll was spent on the $6 but hey.

We're staying Thurs/Fri night in January before our cruise on the Fantasy. We have an RO reservation.

We saved....

$6. :) We're staying at Pop so our TA upgraded our room from standard to standard pool in order to get us the $6 savings. I'm afraid of how much payroll was spent on the $6 but hey.

Now don't go spending the whole $6 in one place...:rotfl2:

Savings are definetly not as good. Mine this year $538 (AOA, 8 nights). Last year for the same dates it would have been around $750. Take into consideration price increases from last year (tickets, meal, resort) to the tune of $200+ and my $538 discount looks even less........ Still I'll take it.

I called as well and I don't see any savings. Maybe like some one said above like 6-8 bucks a night.

Keep track of your flights: I booked mine on United in June and they just changed my plane/flight by 2 hours. I cancelled with no penalty and now I will rebook different flights, cheaper. (They also gave me junky seats when they reassigned my flight so I was glad I could cancel)

Heads up to everyone! Orbitz is having a sale. Use code "48hrsale" to save on top of the Disney room only discount. Plus there is NO cap on the savings! I just got the Poly for about $300/nt Jan 3-9!!!!!

Heads up to everyone! Orbitz is having a sale. Use code "48hrsale" to save on top of the Disney room only discount. Plus there is NO cap on the savings! I just got the Poly for about $300/nt Jan 3-9!!!!!
How were you able to apply the disney room discount and the 48hrsale?

How were you able to apply the disney room discount and the 48hrsale?

The Orbitz pricing has the Disney discount already rolled in, if available. I think it is listed as a special offer of, "Save up to 25% Plus Disney Resort Benefits". Then you can add the "48hrsale" discount code to save even more.

Ok. Thanks. I've never used orbitz before. I was having some trouble navigating the site. :dumbo:

The WL room that I booked yesterday using the 48HRSALE code saved me $228. I ran the code again today and the same room is now $469 more than I paid yesterday, and that was using the code. I guess the discounted rooms in my category are sold out. I'm really glad I booked it yesterday. :)

Havent been to disney in 5 years.... I booked a room only jan 2-8 with the " Early 2016 discount offer " on the disney site, I applied for the disney premier credit card for another $200 off ( minus the $49 fee) and used reward dollars I had left over from Years ago. Is there a better room discount code available now?? I feel a bit lost since its been so many years since I planned a trip.

Quick Question - If I booked a Little Mermaid Standard Room for 2 adults and 2 kids from 1/23 - 1/31, have disney dining and park hopper tickets for 8 days, are there any current deals? If not is there something I should upgrade to in order to get a discount? Thanks for the help!

There are some discounts,but I think your room isn't one of them, you might think about upgrading to a moderate resort to get a discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter