• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2016 Discount Code Watch

I'm actually wrong I read your post wrong.

The cost for the regular dining plan if you are getting QS plan through the play stay and dine is cost of discounted dining (per person, per day) + the upgrade cost (per person per day). I don't know what the cost of the discounted dining is.

So I finally have my answer to the difference of upgrading. I was given the price in the PSD package and the $19 per person per day added on top to upgrade to the regular DDP. So yes, it was adding the alotted QS plan price + difference of the adult plans.

This package was different from when I did PSD like a kid and only paid kid's dining prices. This ones doesn't mention like a kid as 2014 did.

I was originally booked 5 days, 2 adults at ASM for $1408.98. I had to change to Pop and the cost went to $1614.18 for QS ($20.52 per person per day difference). I upgraded to the Regular DDP and my new total is $1804.18 (an additional $19 per person per day).

Based on this I am estimating my dining to be $39.52 per person per day. We have Ohana and Boma booked among other sit downs so I think the is better for us. I used the Disney Dining Calculator to estimate and the prices were close but the octave for me came out better.

We did look at just staying CBR but with just the 2 of us I chose the savings of $243.20 to stay Pop and will use that for Keys to the Kingdom.

My poor TA had to wait over 6 hours on hold! But, she got me the discount. I'd already booked 6 nights, 2 adults, 6 day tickets, DDP, All-Star Sports. Saved $217.36, and my bonus daughter still will be able to eat whatever she wants to eat on her surprise trip! (She'd only pick the cheapest things if I was paying OOP for food. That's why I wanted the DDP - so we can go to nice places and her not be worried). So happy!

I agree with the discounts not being very good. It's like going to a discount clothing store. You are really paying the regular price, they mark up the price and then when they give a discount you think your getting a deal, when your really paying the normal price. I think after this trip we are done for quite some time, probably lots of beach vacations. I can go on 2 trips for what this 1 is costing.

I can't find any available discounts at the Polynesian for our dates 1/2-1/11/16. I keep checking & am hoping it's a glitch with the website.

Last edited:

could someone please tell me where to find on MDE page where I can see what our room cost is and what we owe yet

so far what I know without discount CBR is 1161 with discount 1011 --first is that getting the 15% hopeing for for 20% but cant complain!!!

thanks all

could someone please tell me where to find on MDE page where I can see what our room cost is and what we owe yet

so far what I know without discount CBR is 1161 with discount 1011 --first is that getting the 15% hopeing for for 20% but cant complain!!!

thanks all

Once you login, hover over "My Disney Experience" in the upper right. From the drop down menu, select "My Reservations and Tickets."

Once it loads it should tell you the details of your reservation and the balance owed. I am not sure that Disney breaks it down into room cost versus ticket cost or dining cost if you have a package. I have never found it that way. They seem to mask the costs of parts of the package to make it harder to know exactly what each part is costing you.

Sorry if this isn't what you were looking for.

I called this morning 7:30 Florida time. While waiting on the phone I tried to make my changes online. I was successful... Hung up the phone, upgraded from POP to CBR and saved $339 dollars. 4 adults for 5 days. I was happy I didn't have to wait on the phone!!!!

thanks all
If you have a room only reservation then your room costs and/or balances do not appear. Only packages will show balances.

BREAKING NEWS (for all of you discount nerds out there!)

I believe I have cracked the code on the SPD Discount for Moderate Resorts - here it is!

TICKETS: No Discount (no surprise there);
ROOM: $1.00 Off Rack Rate per night (no that isn't a joke!);
DINING: Adult #1 = 55% OFF Dining Plan; Person 2-5 = 45% OFF Dining Plan (regardless of adult or child).

There is no price break when changing or upgrading Tickets or when changing or upgrading the dining plan. See here for more details...http://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-stay-play-dine-calculation-thread.3451389/

If I can get motivated I'll look at how it works at values and deluxe too!

BREAKING NEWS (for all of you discount nerds out there!)

I believe I have cracked the code on the SPD Discount for Moderate Resorts - here it is!

ROOM: $1.00 Off Rack Rate per night (no that isn't a joke!);
DINING: Adult #1 = 55% OFF Dining Plan; Person 2-5 = 45% OFF Dining Plan (regardless of adult or child).

There is no price break when changing or upgrading Tickets or when changing or upgrading the dining plan. See here for more details...http://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-stay-play-dine-calculation-thread.3451389/

If I can get motivated I'll look at how it works at values and deluxe too!
Nice Work!!!

Seeing your break down helps me understand the discount a bit more into detail, so thank you.
my TA worked for hours trying to get me the best rate , I'm happy with the outcome - CBR , pirate room , 6nights 2 adults 2kids , dining plan , 3 day passes. $2900 all in .. Which is great because online shows no rooms available . (?) I also didn't realized the SPD doesn't apply to standard rooms. It saved me some money , which when it comes to Disney any % off reg price is a good deal ! :) and my girls are gonna love the pirate theme ! Makes up for not doing the Art of animation.

Seeing your break down helps me understand the discount a bit more into detail, so thank you.
my TA worked for hours trying to get me the best rate , I'm happy with the outcome - CBR , pirate room , 6nights 2 adults 2kids , dining plan , 3 day passes. $2900 all in .. Which is great because online shows no rooms available . (?) I also didn't realized the SPD doesn't apply to standard rooms. It saved me some money , which when it comes to Disney any % off reg price is a good deal ! :) and my girls are gonna love the pirate theme ! Makes up for not doing the Art of animation.

We actually got SPD on a standard room at CBR, it might just depend on when you are going. Disney likes to complicate things I've found :).

MORE BREAKING NEWS (for all of you discount nerds out there!)

First Off - huge thanks to Don @ Mousesavers for some help with this one! If you haven't visited the site - Mousesavers is one of THE BEST Disney websites out there. http://www.mousesavers.com/ - go there, you won't be disappointed!

VALUE RESORTS

ROOM: $1.75 Off Rack Rate per night (no that isn't a joke!); (with the hotel tax this actually comes to $1.97 per night off at POP and $1.98 off per night at All Stars)
DINING: 40% OFF Everybody.

We actually got SPD on a standard room at CBR, it might just depend on when you are going. Disney likes to complicate things I've found :).
We're going jan 7-12. And YES Disney sometimes complicates things... I spent all morning trying to figure out if its a good deal . It's booked , so I'm now looking forward to moving onto the stress of booking my dining ... Yay! Jan 2016 here we come ! Congrats on booking your trip :)the pixie dust awaits us ..

One more question for Ya, did you get a standard room ? For the pirate room , 2 adults 2 kids SDP is totalling 3200 jan 7-12 3 day pass only. Does that sound right? Something doesn't seem to be adding up..

Standard room Jan 22-30, 2 adults and 2 kids (1 is a Disney adult), 6 days base tickets, dining package and memory maker $3942.60

LAST BREAKING NEWS (for all of you discount nerds out there!)

Deluxe Resorts work the same as Moderates - see below! Thread with the details is here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-stay-play-dine-calculation-thread.3451389/

MODERATE & DELUXE RESORTS

ROOM: $1.00 Off Rack Rate per night (no that isn't a joke!); (with the hotel tax this actually comes to $1.13 per night off)

That is that folks - SPD has been cracked once again! For everybody except solo travelers this years SPD is most certainly lower than last years. More people should consider the room only discount (especially if your eating habits don't jive with the dining plan and you think you would spend less!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter