• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2016 Discount Code Watch

We booked a Bounceback for November but will probably change to January when the discounts come out.

I am waiting for late January deals, but hope to buy our airline tickets within the next couple of weeks. I don't mind changing resorts or packages if something better comes up, but I don't like booking my room until I am sure of my travel dates.

Going to watch for late Jan/early Feb deals. Chomping at the bit to start planning, yet can't do anything right now.

I'm in too! We're looking at arriving on 1/25, can't wait to start planning. It doesn't even seem real without anything booked!

I'll be there with my entire family in January for the runDisney events. Hoping for a decent room only discount. My wife and I will have APs, so we can probably use an AP discount, too. :sunny:

Following :) We just booked our flight tickets yesterday for $138pp. Going January 4-9 and anxiously awaiting deals!

Following too! Trying to plan a January 23-30 trip at AKL. Delta just put out flights but they want $500 a ticket to fly from Detroit to Orlando! Does anyone actually pay that to fly?

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! I might have to do a split stay to get a discount. I want to arrive 12/31 but I know we won't get a discount until 1/4 or so.

Following too! Trying to plan a January 23-30 trip at AKL. Delta just put out flights but they want $500 a ticket to fly from Detroit to Orlando! Does anyone actually pay that to fly?

We fly out of Detroit as well! Have you just tried searching for two one ways? I found a few one way delta flight on the 23rd from Detroit to Orlando for $123. They don't have the 30th available yet but you could keep an eye on things that way!

At least you don't have to fly from Marquette the ticket prices are crazy and the choices for flights worse. This lady a January we had to fly out of Orlando at 8:20am, had a 4 1/2 hour layover in Detroit before flying into Marquette. Needless to say our options are limited. That said, it won't stop us from getting back to WDW next January.

We fly out of Detroit as well! Have you just tried searching for two one ways? I found a few one way delta flight on the 23rd from Detroit to Orlando for $123. They don't have the 30th available yet but you could keep an eye on things that way!

Never thought of checking one way prices! Thanks! Prices are actually out for return on the 30th, but only on the app, which is weird...

Fingers crossed for a room discount in Jan (24-31 maybe) for POFQ! ...Following!

And I hate how long it takes for Southwest flights to come out. Never flown on a Sunday and wondering how expensive it is. Always go midweek to midweek.

So eager to plan!

I have found a TA that does agency exclusives and has special offer 1/1-1/10 at Select resorts. Standard rooms, base ticket or hopper plus a special bonus ticket to be used at water park or disney quest, golf ect. Prices look good. I have 2 children over 10, so I have to pay adult prices for them. The only negative is, you can't add the dining plan. Here are the rates (remember, based on 4 adults, would be cheeper if I had younger kids)
POP: 2268
POR: 2637
WL: 3366
POLY: 4341

What do you think?

following! We are booked on a Jan 9 Disney cruise and would like to add on a resort stay. Also from MI and would be flying from either LAN or DTW. DTW rates are $266 for early Jan and I think those are too high! I'm sure the end of Jan rates will drop soon. (And hello Yooperfan! I was born and raised in Esky :) )

Following... want dining plan or stay/play/dine for late January. Want to take my bonus daughter, who will be 28, on her first trip! We'll drive down, but I definately want the dining plan because even though I'm paying for it, I don't want her worrying about prices, and she will. This will be a surprise for her! I'm excited to do this for her! Got a pin a couple of days ago, but it was for the summer. Would getting a Disney Visa Debit help me at all?

It wouldn't help you with pin codes but Disney Visa holders can often book discounts a few days before the general public, so if you have your heart set on a resort it might help you get a room before they magically disappear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter