January 2013 Discounts

Jumping in! Booked AOA for 12/31 - 1/6 ... Hoping an offer comes out for then! Would love the FD but would take a room offer! I heard the AOA isnt eigible for discounts (The Little Mermaid Rooms) - If thats the case I'd gladley change for the discount!

Question... I remember someone saying if the package you book is around the time FD is offered it will extend during your whole trip? So if it comes out on Jan 6th and thats our checkout date will it still be applied to our whole trip?

Jumping in! Booked AOA for 12/31 - 1/6 ... Hoping an offer comes out for then! Would love the FD but would take a room offer! I heard the AOA isnt eigible for discounts (The Little Mermaid Rooms) - If thats the case I'd gladley change for the discount!

Question... I remember someone saying if the package you book is around the time FD is offered it will extend during your whole trip? So if it comes out on Jan 6th and thats our checkout date will it still be applied to our whole trip?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your check-in date must fall within the dates for any special offer, not your check out dates. So in your case 12/31 must not be blacked out. Unfortunately, that date is very unlikely to see any kind of discount offered.

There was FD during that time period last year but please someone correct me if I am wrong, don't you have to stay 5 nights to qualify?

We did FD the past two January's and only stayed 4 nights each time. Pretty sure it's a minimum of 3 nights, not 5 in the past.

FD is out today through 12/13/12. Must be why their site was down earlier. That means (hopefully) we're next. Wish they could have held off a few more days until my ADR window, I'd have a better chance getting what I want.

I doubt that I see any discounts for our visit. Disney is proud of their rooms. Two of us are going for three nights over MLK weekend at the Boardwalk in a standard waterview room with Park Hoppers. $2700.00 +. I also went ahead and booked my dining as I expect blackout dates anyway.

This is our first trip to WDW and I am still learning! I have a quick question I was hoping you experts could help me with. Our dates are 1/5 - 1/13. Now say FD is offered on 1/6. (I saw on this thread somewhere that someone predicted that date for FD to start). Could we do a room only reservation for the 5th and start our package on the 6th? I know all these dates floating around are just predictions and no one really knows for sure if/when FD will be offered. I just want to be prepared in case it is offered that week!! Thanks guys!

This is our first trip to WDW and I am still learning! I have a quick question I was hoping you experts could help me with. Our dates are 1/5 - 1/13. Now say FD is offered on 1/6. (I saw on this thread somewhere that someone predicted that date for FD to start). Could we do a room only reservation for the 5th and start our package on the 6th? I know all these dates floating around are just predictions and no one really knows for sure if/when FD will be offered. I just want to be prepared in case it is offered that week!! Thanks guys!

That's exactly what we did last January and plan on doing this January if needed. We checked in on the Friday before FD started so we used an available room only discount for Fri and Sat and re-checked in Sun morning with FD. We were able to get our tixs to the parks that were attached to our FD package early on Friday by going to Guest Services at the park (we went to Epcot but other parks have same place.) Hope that helps!!

FD is out today through 12/13/12. Must be why their site was down earlier. That means (hopefully) we're next. Wish they could have held off a few more days until my ADR window, I'd have a better chance getting what I want.

That sale has been available for the last couple of weeks. So it probably doesn't have anything to do with the website being down.

NOW...I'm still going with "we're next" because that thought makes me...:cool1:

That is what we did for our November trip. Room only for Thanksgiving Day and then FD for the rest of our trip. I have a AAA discount that was applied to teh Room Only night. It made a difference.

Quick question -- I'm trying to make a reservation online for the Luau for Jan 19. The whole month of Jan is gray, but the 180 day mark is now. I've made a few other dining reservations. Are they sometimes slow opening up the dinner show reservations?

I'm not sure but I had the same problem when booking a F! dining package. Totally greyed out--but I called and had no problem booking it. I'd call and see if the cm can just do it for you. Good luck!

We are booked for Jan 2-9 and I am really looking for a RO offer. I will take an AP discount or anything that gives me a room discount. I tried to get a AAA discount but the cast member said they do not have any for my stay. Which is weird? I will call back and speak to another cast member and see if I get the same answer.

We are book in a garden room at the Poly with Deluxe dinning.:thumbsup2

I'm not sure but I had the same problem when booking a F! dining package. Totally greyed out--but I called and had no problem booking it. I'd call and see if the cm can just do it for you. Good luck!

Thanks! I called and they booked me over the phone. :banana:

Oh! I wish something would come out soon! We are going in 58 more days and we are staying in our friends's DVC so I want to buy annual passes if they wont have FD in January but if they do, we need park tickets so I won't. C'MON FREE DINING!

I think we've settled on Jan 26th- Feb 1st or 2nd provided free dining is offered. Should I go ahead a make my ADR's? I'm just worried free dining won't be offered then and I'll have to change my dates and cancel all the reservations.

I think we've settled on Jan 26th- Feb 1st or 2nd provided free dining is offered. Should I go ahead a make my ADR's? I'm just worried free dining won't be offered then and I'll have to change my dates and cancel all the reservations.

Better to have the reservations than to not. Cancelling is a small inconvenience compared to having the plus dining plan and no available reservations! I have made my dining reservations as I would if I got the free plus dining (7 reservations for 7 days), if they don't offer it or we decide to stay at a value with QS dining I'll cancel all but the 1 or 2 I feel we MUST do!

Better to have the reservations than to not. Cancelling is a small inconvenience compared to having the plus dining plan and no available reservations! I have made my dining reservations as I would if I got the free plus dining (7 reservations for 7 days), if they don't offer it or we decide to stay at a value with QS dining I'll cancel all but the 1 or 2 I feel we MUST do!

My apologies if this is a dumb question, but do we have to make our resort/park reservations before we make dining reservations? I'm waiting on the FD schedule for next Spring before booking our trip, but was wondering if I would be able to book ADR as soon as the 180 day mark hits (without making any other plans)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter