January 2013 Discounts

Disneyqueendenmark said:
Uhh... It's getting close :D can't wait!!
I know that when/if January discounts come out, I will be able to read about it here very quickly after they are released! But where do I check it? Just on disneyworld.com or is there a email list or something??

I usually see it here before any of the other sites. These DIS people are on the ball!!! :)

DisneyMom5 said:
This is very true. Sales usually are found out and announced here HOURS to days before you see them elsewhere. :thumbsup2

So that being said any thoughts about the jan 2013 dates?!?!?
There was amazing fall predictions - anyone do the January predictions?

So that being said any thoughts about the jan 2013 dates?!?!?
There was amazing fall predictions - anyone do the January predictions?

My predictions for FD in January are: 6-10, 13-17, and 26-31. But that's TOTALLY a guess, so don't do anything based on that. LOL
Let me know if I'm right. :thumbsup2

DisneyMom5 said:
My predictions for FD in January are: 6-10, 13-17, and 26-31. But that's TOTALLY a guess, so don't do anything based on that. LOL

That would be spectacular :)

I'm jumping on too! We're waiting to book until we find out about January Free Dining. For the last couple of years it has been offered starting either the first or second week, so we're planning our dates based on that. Fingers crossed that they don't forgo January all together!

I'm jumping on too! We're waiting to book until we find out about January Free Dining. For the last couple of years it has been offered starting either the first or second week, so we're planning our dates based on that. Fingers crossed that they don't forgo January all together!

I hear ya. I need it to be good through at least the 31st, since it's not usually the first week of Feb., and I want to be there for my b-day that week! :cool1:

peel said:

We are booked for Nov. 25, but some events have came up changing dates may be a better option. Even though I would love to see the holiday lights. If a discount pops up I am going to change.

We are booked for Nov. 25, but some events have came up changing dates may be a better option. Even though I would love to see the holiday lights. If a discount pops up I am going to change.

I heard the Osborne lights will be up until 1/4, so maybe the other holiday decorations will be kept through that day too. If you can go early enough in January you may still be able to see everything.

Thanks... now I know that I'll certainly find discounts here - when they are released :D

Uhh... the predictions! They don't include my dates... :sad2: But hey! No one knows yet!
I'm crossing my fingers and praying for the same discounts as 2011 :thumbsup2 According to mousesavers, free dining was avalible from 1/1/11 to 3/3/11 - which include almost every day of my vacation! I'll be arriving 12/30 and stay till 1/5(6)....
But in 2011 1/1 was a Saturday, 2013 is a Tuesday.... but I'm naive untill the end!!! :rotfl2:
What do you DIS'ers say? Is it VERY VERY unlikely that if FD comes out, it will be avalible for dates just after or including 1/1? Is your best guess that the first day will be 1/6?
(I know that no one will know for sure untill the official dates is released - but I like guessing :D )

Thanks... now I know that I'll certainly find discounts here - when they are released :D

Uhh... the predictions! They don't include my dates... :sad2: But hey! No one knows yet!
I'm crossing my fingers and praying for the same discounts as 2011 :thumbsup2 According to mousesavers, free dining was avalible from 1/1/11 to 3/3/11 - which include almost every day of my vacation! I'll be arriving 12/30 and stay till 1/5(6)....
But in 2011 1/1 was a Saturday, 2013 is a Tuesday.... but I'm naive untill the end!!! :rotfl2:
What do you DIS'ers say? Is it VERY VERY unlikely that if FD comes out, it will be avalible for dates just after or including 1/1? Is your best guess that the first day will be 1/6?
(I know that no one will know for sure untill the official dates is released - but I like guessing :D )

Anything could happen, but here's my logic:
Last year, the dates were Sun. 1/8 - Thur. 1/12
Sat. 1/21 - Thur. 2/2
And Sat. 2/11 - Thur.s 2/16.

Marathon pricing is 11, 12, 13. I don't believe they'll be included.
MLK falls a week later in 2013. Last year it was 1/16. Weekend before and day of, not included, nor the week after.
2013, MLK is 1/21. SOOOOO...my guess is, no fd on 1/18-1/25.

Who knows. There's a big gap there, so maybe the 22-26 will be included.
I believe they don't include the 1st. week of Feb. because of cheerleading competitions. That's just my guess.

Ok so isn't tomorrow the historical date from last year for when FD came out for January?? That being said, is anyone planning in getting up early to check it out since its a Saturday (and my ONE day to sleep in a little this week)???

What's the best way to find out? Look at the special offers on Wdw website?? Call? What are you going to do?

I don't think there's any chance they'll release any discounts on a Saturday. I think the prevailing thought is that it'll be a few weeks before the January 2013 discounts start coming out because the current set of discounts came out later this year relative to when they came out last year.

That's what I have heard. Just curious if anyone was going to check early tomorrow just in case. I'm gonna have a hard time getting up period! Ha!

Military promotion for next year was just confirmed. Will be announced by Disney this upcoming week.

I'm throwing out another prediction. Disney Visa discount release on a Monday (probably 8/13) with the Gen. Public release that Thurs. That would follow the normal pattern, and would be par for the course since the 180s have already opened up for Jan. and now going into Feb. this coming week, and I need the sale dates to make my ADRs. :sad2:

That would be amazing... we have reservations starting on 1/9 Can't wait !

Just have a quick question!
If I arrive at the last day of FD, will I then be able to get FD for the rest of my stay? Thought I read that :D

Just have a quick question!
If I arrive at the last day of FD, will I then be able to get FD for the rest of my stay? Thought I read that :D

If they release free dining for January, you will have to check in on one of the free dining dates. As long as you are able to do this, traditionally you should be able to have free dining for your whole trip, up to 14 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter