• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2008 Code Watch

I have an AP and I found that weekend nights were not discounted, only Sun-Thursday. Weekends were still rack rate for AP's. I would guess a General code would be even worse, not better. I have one night at POP (1/18/08 Friday night) and I am paying rack rate even though I have an AP and AAA. :mad:

If you do get lucky and the price drops I believe all you do is call and they will credit your CC back the difference in price when they modify the reservation with the discount. No need to make a new reservation.

Shelleyprincess:

They are discounted, but the website is not showing it. You have to call to get the correct price. I called today and booked Pop for Saturday night 1/26. The AP website shows rack rate and CRO quoted me $69 a night. Actually if you log into the Florida Resident website, their's is correct and shows the availability. I did it this morning and saw that Pop and Music were both available for a standard room for Saturday night, so I called CRO and booked it under the AP rate (AP and FL resident seem to come from the same group).

Of course since you are going MLK weekend, that may change everything. Your dates are blacked out because of the holiday weekend. The following weekend is when I have an AP discount on my room at Pop for Saturday night.

I received a pin code in an email about a week or two ago, but I have my MYW package with DDP booked with AAA, and my TA was not able to get the offer for me for the WL, they were already gone...I did not want to change my resort, so I kept it as it is, with the AAA discount.

But, now she was able to get me the code for the free hopper option with the water parks and more. We did end up saving $140.00, so I am happy!

I received a pin code in an email about a week or two ago, but I have my MYW package with DDP booked with AAA, and my TA was not able to get the offer for me for the WL, they were already gone...I did not want to change my resort, so I kept it as it is, with the AAA discount.

But, now she was able to get me the code for the free hopper option with the water parks and more. We did end up saving $140.00, so I am happy!

My TA called me yesterday afternoon and had done the same thing for us!! Saved us $300!:cool1: Now we have enough money to buy the P&PP tickets! princess: pirate:

Just wanted to say Hi to the fellow January Disney Trippes! My bf is flying to where I live on the 10th of January and then we are flying down to Disney on the 13th. We will be staying at POP for 2 nights and then at his house in Melbourne Florida for a night. Just wondered who all was gonna be there?! If anyone.
We made his b-day ressies for Garden Grill on 1/13 for a party of 5 at 6:20pm
Then the 2 of us will have breakfast at Akershus the Princess one on 1/14 at 8:35am
Then we are gonna do the Hoop Dee Doo Reveue that night 1/14...Anyone been to this before?!
:banana:

Hey TinkAsh-

We'll be there the week before you guys, and it will be our second time at the Hoop Dee Do Revue....it is so much fun!!! I promise you guys will enjoy it!

I agree with Isutiggergirl, HOOP is a blast! We'll be there Jan. 17; our second time too. Can't imagine going to the World without going to Hoop-De-Doo!:banana:

Thanks for the advice. We decided to do it. Sitting in Cat. 2 at the 9:00 show on the 14th! Im excited! It will be the first for both of us!:banana:

Anyone know if there were any codes released for tickets?! We got the discounted florida resident room cause DBF lives there and he has an annual pass but I need 2 days park hopper...they are so high so I was just wondering?!

Anyone know if there were any codes released for tickets?! We got the discounted florida resident room cause DBF lives there and he has an annual pass but I need 2 days park hopper...they are so high so I was just wondering?!

I bought my tickets through UT (Undercover Tourist). If you sign up for the Mousesavers newsletter before Nov. 14th, you should get the new newsletter on the 15th, and they offer a special discounted rate thru the newsletter. It saved dd and I about $30 on our 5 day hoppers. They also offer free shipping. Don't pay for the shipping because the tickets come so fast. I ordered on Monday and had the tickets on Friday.

Anyone know of any room only codes in Jan for the general public? Would love to save some money on this trip if possible, thanks in advance to all of you nice DISers :goodvibes

Anyone know of any room only codes in Jan for the general public? Would love to save some money on this trip if possible, thanks in advance to all of you nice DISers :goodvibes

The only RO (room only) codes are for AP holders and FL residents, of which I am neither. :sad2: Based on mousesavers history information, Disney hasn't offered RO codes since 2005. I think they want to have their money UP FRONT, so that is why they give the discounts on the Pkgs. jmho.

If you hear of one, please let me know. ;) I was an eager beaver and bought my tickets through UT, or I would have taken advantage of the package deal. :headache:

The only RO (room only) codes are for AP holders and FL residents, of which I am neither. :sad2: Based on mousesavers history information, Disney hasn't offered RO codes since 2005. I think they want to have their money UP FRONT, so that is why they give the discounts on the Pkgs. jmho.

If you hear of one, please let me know. ;) I was an eager beaver and bought my tickets through UT, or I would have taken advantage of the package deal. :headache:

I agree w/ the money thing....has it really been since 2005 since a RO discount was offered??!! I'll stop holding out I suppose and accept it :rotfl:
I checked on a AP price, and the amount I'd spend on that against what I'd save on the room turns out to be a wash, so there goes that idea...oh well, thanks for the info, and if I hear of one for RO, I'll post it ;)

I agree w/ the money thing....has it really been since 2005 since a RO discount was offered??!! I'll stop holding out I suppose and accept it :rotfl:
I checked on a AP price, and the amount I'd spend on that against what I'd save on the room turns out to be a wash, so there goes that idea...oh well, thanks for the info, and if I hear of one for RO, I'll post it ;)

For just regular folks like me.....YES!!! For AP and FL residents...NO. Guess I ought to move to FL. :rotfl2:

The AP and FL resident price is about half of what I spent. Oh well. It would cost a whole lot more to buy an AP though. :eek: Especially since I don't go that often. :sad2:

newbie here ...looking for codes (two years ago there were January codes) for January thank you

Just by replying you are subscribed.;)

Also, there are codes out there! Search back on this thread for them. It is a package discount that offers a slight room discount and free ticket upgrade to Park Hoppers and Water Parks and More.

Some resorts are already filling up with allowed codes. (I had to switch resorts on the very first day that the code came out for Disney Visa holders!!!) So call it in NOW! Good Luck and Here's to the final countdown!:banana:

I still find if I take the time I can do better ala carte in putting a trip together *s* Thanks , Butch

Sorry, I don't know anything about room only codes. I know I used a package code and it would have saved me $400, but instead I opted for the free upgrade to AKL instead of POR and it still saves me $60.

Anyone gonna be there January 13 or 14th?! DBF and I will be there staying at POP and were hoping to meet some fellow disers?! Anyone intersted?!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter