I've had to stop reading the forums...

People complain about Disney A LOT. And they do it everywhere - here, Facebook, random websites. But if it was all terrible, they wouldn't be packing them in the parks everyday. And if it was all terrible, the complainers would have long since found another place to travel. Just keep in mind, it's more natural for people to complain than it is to come here and talk about their perfect vacation. Usually when I get home, I take a break from Disney pages for a while - I don't post glowing reviews. But if someone has a bad experience, the first thing they do is blast it on social media.

You're going to have a fabulous honeymoon! Don't worry.

I'm having a blast, Hollywood studios is pretty much completely under construction, but I got to see my Muppets and that made me happy.

I heard a waitress at 50s prime time yelling at someone because they didn't set the table, that was awesome.

Due to medical (mental) issues I was advised it would be best to not ride tower of terror, so we didn't.

RnR roller coaster was freaking awesome.

BUT
I'm about to start chucking people's cell phones into the river. They're walking around the parks just staring at their phones not paying a lick of attention, shoving past people and running into other people.

We went into One Man's Dream because I love attractions like that and love reading historical stuff and I can not tell you how many people I saw walking around just staring at their phones. They weren't paying any attention to anyone, when some guy bowled over my wife, I almost lost it.

We decided to come back to the room and take a nap so that I could get away from the people for a bit.

So glad you're enjoying your trip! For a bit of a different experience, may I suggest dropping by the Polynesian resort one evening, grabbing some pork nachos from Capt Cook's (but no Dole Whip hahaha) and heading to the beach to watch the Electric Light Parade & the MK fireworks. You'll be away from most of the crowds and can have a little quiet time with your sweetie but still get to check out some magic! Have fun!!!

Congratulations!! We did part of out honeymoon at Disney and had a BLAST.

Think about everyday life. You know how people are....they will always complain about something.
Will everything be perfect.....of course it won't. However, I have no doubt you WILL have an amazing time every day. AMAZING!!! :dogdance:

I feel the same way sometimes. It seems like more stress than fun at times. I'm hoping I have a wonderful experience and hoping the same for you,

No, no, no! Every trip is going to have those little things that don't go right, or are annoying. But you're going to have a great time!! DW is, for us, still the most magical place we have been. Yes some cast members are grouchy, and yes it gets crowded, and visitors get grumpy. But there's more than enough magic to make up for it. <3

I've had to stop reading the forums...

More so, I have to be real cautious of which thread I read.

You see, I have never been to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, or anything Disney. I've never experienced the magic of "The greatest place on Earth". I have a trip scheduled for my honeymoon in April and the more I read, the more I started to doubt whether the $3000 I spent on a 7 day vacation was a good investment.

It seemed like every other thread was something talking about a closure or ticket price increase or character meet and greet being shut down, or something negative. People fussing about how the magic is not there any more and how their trips have been ruined by the lack of this M&G or there being too few CM's to handle the amount of people, or this that and the other.

And I really started questioning my decision to pay a bit less than a months salary to take a 7 day vacation to what is being made out to be "The not so happiest place on earth."

Then I started recognizing a pattern. The people that were bringing up all the negative are people who have been fortunate enough to have gone to Disney, not once, not twice, but many times. And while these people have expectations of what it should be like based on past experiences, I have never been, I do not have the same expectations these people do, and I am sure my first trip to Disney will be every bit as magical as your first trip was.

So, I have stopped reading the potentially negative threads, I have stopped reading the threads that turn negative, I have stopped reading them because I do not want the magic to be ruined before I ever make it to the parks.

Amen!

Despite being to the World many times, I do not put up with the negativity. Like you, I stay away from these threads and when one turns for the worse, I leave. Why? Because I'm naive? Nope. I realize that there are problems at Disney. Heck, there are major problems in the world! I turn to this site to relax and enjoy my free time, not listen to more negativity, whining and people complaining.

I hope that you have a fantastic time on your honeymoon! Congratulations!!

Congratulations and thanks Clifton Tesh (OP) for coming back and giving us an update! I, totally get what you are saying about people being on the cell phones all the time and not actually experiencing the moment!
And they are awful about not looking where they are going.

You have exactly the right attitude and idea -- when the crowds become to annoying, head back to the resort and kick back and enjoy it! The resorts are a big chunk of what you pay for so you should spend some time there and relax.

Have a magical honeymoon!

I hope that you have a fabulous time on your trip! I'm getting ready to take my 16th trip to WDW in September this year. And while there are sooooooooo many things that are closed down or changed .... it doesn't matter to me because I LOVE DISNEY! Just try to ignore the negative people..... I actually envy you because I'd absolutely love to be able to go to WDW for another FIRST TIME to experience everything again!!

Even when people complain, I've noticed that everyone here keeps going back. Disney is amazing, it has never lost its magic for me and you know there is something special when even the people who post negative things about changes are also the ones counting down days till their next trip there. You will love it, I promise!

WDW is great. Some of us may not like everything, but that doesn't mean you won't like it too!

I know what you mean, I try not to read negative things. A lot of the time it is repeat visitors. I did my reasearch before our first trip but didnt go too crazy. My last trip we didn't have a tight schedule of things we had to do or be anywhere at a certain time except for dining and it works out better that way. I try not to have any high expectations and don't stress over schedules. We just do whatever. It's much more enjoyable that way. We always do road trips but now We are flying for the first time in August and I found myself reading negative things about the airline and security and really had me stressed out with worry. So now I'm just going to ignore it and what ever happens happens. Not,worth getting sick over. Sometimes too much information isn't a good thing

Some comedian, long ago, nailed the character of complainers: they are "like a person who goes to an orgy and complains about the onion dip".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter