I've had to stop reading the forums...

Don't worry! I've spent dozens on trips on Disneyland Paris, read thousands on posts on French Disney forums, and noticed the same trend. Now I am planning a trip to WDW and ended up here, and actually I feel the same energy towards pointing out what needs improvement, what changes are below expectations, rumors of breaking cuts…

At the end of the day, the knowledge you gain here may only help you in organizing the best trip ever. I am sure you will enjoy every bit of it!

Congratulations on your trip! I wish mine would be scheduled as early as yours :)

Don't worry! I've spent dozens on trips on Disneyland Paris, read thousands on posts on French Disney forums, and noticed the same trend. Now I am planning a trip to WDW and ended up here, and actually I feel the same energy towards pointing out what needs improvement, what changes are below expectations, rumors of breaking cuts…

At the end of the day, the knowledge you gain here may only help you in organizing the best trip ever. I am sure you will enjoy every bit of it!

Congratulations on your trip! I wish mine would be scheduled as early as yours :)

Ha! Mine was last minute. We originally planned to go to Dollywood, thenon New Years eve I was watching the Disney parade and the next morning I told my fiancee that I didn't want to go to Dollywood anymore.

Scrounged up $200 to reserve the trip and then worked like a fool to get the next $2794.46 before the march 4th deadline.

I've put in over 100 hours over time in less than 2 months and was able to pay the trip off a few days ago.

When I set my mind to something, I make it happen. That's why I've came to the conclusion that I'm going to love my WDW vacation regardless of what's closed and how few cast members there are and how long the wait is and blah blah blah :D

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! And great choice on not listening! I have been to Disney over 10 times and there have been many changes! DH just went for the first time in December and loved it! So much so we just bought annual passes so we can go more this year...even in light of the changes. It is still magical and incredible. You will love it!

Wow!! Congrats and have a wonderful time on your honeymoon!! The best thing I can say is just to have fun. Honestly, where else in the world will you get to be like a kid again with the love of your life?? (in my case, we are going just my husband and I for our 10 year anniversary) My husband can be a very serious person, and I'm the total opposite! I'm such a kid. But when we took our kids there the first time last year, I got to see a side of him like never before. He was like ANDY from Toy Story! He was a kid again! And I've known him that long too! Wear some Mickey Ears, a Star Wars shirt, or get your face painted! I've seen my husband do all of it! And you'll have a smile on your face that won't go away the whole time your there! It's truly is the most magical place on Earth! Congrats again, and have a magical and wonderful time!princess:

The same thing happened to me. I posted my misgivings and someone actually suggested that I cancel my trip because with my attitude and expectations I would not enjoy myself. Then others came on and assured me that it will be great (and to get off the boards). I also went back to Disney's website to psych myself up again. I've mapped out each park and split all attractions into "must do" which are the 4 or 5 things I have to do and/or will use FPs for, "If we have time" things and then "stuff we don't care about at all" and won't even factor into our day. We have a 10 year old boy so this list includes pretty much everything princess related. I'm expecting crowds and waits so I'm bringing my Zen with me and will be "ohm"ing my way through the parks. "Serenity now!"

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, and you're going to LOVE Disney!! It is a place full of magic, wonder, special moments, and all of that is priceless. You're going to have an awesome time. Just keep in mind that it is addicting ;)

The Dis is known for threads going sideways, and having a plethora of Disney Downers. Those people are easy to block out. I will warn you about the other threads - the ones were people report on their trips and how EVERYTHING is so magical and how they were given this for free, or that was done for them - all the above-and-beyond stuff. You have to be wary of those threads too. I read so many of those before our first onsite trip, I had REALLY high expectations. I left that trip disappointed, and upset. Why didn't WE get that kind of treatment? The next trip, I went in with zero expectations - and it was SO MUCH BETTER! So, just keep that in mind. Know you'll have an amazing trip, but expect nothing more than what you paid for. That's when the magic happens!

More so, I have to be real cautious of which thread I read.

You see, I have never been to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, or anything Disney. I've never experienced the magic of "The greatest place on Earth". I have a trip scheduled for my honeymoon in April and the more I read, the more I started to doubt whether the $3000 I spent on a 7 day vacation was a good investment.

It seemed like every other thread was something talking about a closure or ticket price increase or character meet and greet being shut down, or something negative. People fussing about how the magic is not there any more and how their trips have been ruined by the lack of this M&G or there being too few CM's to handle the amount of people, or this that and the other.

And I really started questioning my decision to pay a bit less than a months salary to take a 7 day vacation to what is being made out to be "The not so happiest place on earth."

Then I started recognizing a pattern. The people that were bringing up all the negative are people who have been fortunate enough to have gone to Disney, not once, not twice, but many times. And while these people have expectations of what it should be like based on past experiences, I have never been, I do not have the same expectations these people do, and I am sure my first trip to Disney will be every bit as magical as your first trip was.

So, I have stopped reading the potentially negative threads, I have stopped reading the threads that turn negative, I have stopped reading them because I do not want the magic to be ruined before I ever make it to the parks.

Great idea, Clifton! As with any discussion board, there will be those Negative Nellies. I just ignore them. :) And, Congratulations!!

There is lots of good advice on the boards-
some people are negative, I always try to be positive when I post. I hope you have a great time. :)

More so, I have to be real cautious of which thread I read.

You see, I have never been to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, or anything Disney. I've never experienced the magic of "The greatest place on Earth". I have a trip scheduled for my honeymoon in April and the more I read, the more I started to doubt whether the $3000 I spent on a 7 day vacation was a good investment.

It seemed like every other thread was something talking about a closure or ticket price increase or character meet and greet being shut down, or something negative. People fussing about how the magic is not there any more and how their trips have been ruined by the lack of this M&G or there being too few CM's to handle the amount of people, or this that and the other.

And I really started questioning my decision to pay a bit less than a months salary to take a 7 day vacation to what is being made out to be "The not so happiest place on earth."

Then I started recognizing a pattern. The people that were bringing up all the negative are people who have been fortunate enough to have gone to Disney, not once, not twice, but many times. And while these people have expectations of what it should be like based on past experiences, I have never been, I do not have the same expectations these people do, and I am sure my first trip to Disney will be every bit as magical as your first trip was.

So, I have stopped reading the potentially negative threads, I have stopped reading the threads that turn negative, I have stopped reading them because I do not want the magic to be ruined before I ever make it to the parks.
U will absolutely have a great time, as long as u don't have extreme expectations, and it will be what you make of it. Have a magical time, and don't let the negatives think you made the wrong vacation choice

I take everything on these boards with a grain of salt. I have been to disney over 30 times, and it is still magical to me.
I read online that over 50,000 people visit disney world ever day.
You may see 100 people post about bad experiences, only because it's fun to complain. You don't see the 50,000 people talking about how great their trip was, because people generally don't post positive reviews.

I've been going to wdw since 1987. Yes, there have been lots of changes. But guess what? I still tear up walking down Main St.. during the Beauty and the Beast show, during Wishes.... oh.. why list all the times WDW makes me tear up! .... it's a lot!!
The magic is real!
Don't let grouchy, glass-is-half empty people affect your excitement for your trip.
I don't!
I take it for what it is. Everyone is different. Just like people at work, in the grocery store, etc etc. there are all kinds of people with all kinds of viewpoints. I say "to each his own".
I know one thing... Disney has never disappointed me. Every trip has been great and has left me with great memories....
YOUR'S WILL TOO!

Last edited:
Wow a honeymoon to WDW! Good for you guys.
Never mind the critics, if you look on tripadvisor at the "best" hotel in the world there are still people complaining about the fluffyness of the pillows.
Who cares, just go and have a great time.
And you will, cause it is a great place.
:-)

I have decided that the old-timers that bemoan the loss of this or that are really experiencing "false memories". That they only remember the good parts of the previous vacations and the "bad" parts have faded away, somewhat like labor. You are so happy to have the precious child that the pain fades over time.
I take the negative threads for what they are and usually stop reading them as they are annoying.

Just my opinion.

Very true - As a multiple time visitor I have been let down lately. However, if it hadn't been for the fantastic past visits, I never would have returned as much as I have. I hope lots of magic comes your way!

Congratulations on your upcoming honeymoon:sunny: What a wonderful place to spend it! I know what you feel reading negative threads. But this is the Discussion boards. I think it is beneficial to learn from someone elses experiences, whatever they may be. That is why I read the boards. The information on here is very informative and helpful. There are a lot of years of experiences at WDW to be hand here on the Dis. You have to sort through the negative ones that bother you. I have learned from both type threads; that's why this is such a great place to find info on Disney.
Like you, I tend to ignore the negativeness when I am about to go on my trip to WDW. But you can't discount others opinions of what they see as changes not for the better. I think it is good to be aware of all changes, expectations, etc.
For me, the Disney bubble will never burst. I love walking down Main St for the first time, the smells, food, CM's, resort, attractions, all of it. It is a very special place; always will be! You will have a great time:flower1:

I am so glad you are going for it! If I listened to all the advice I received last year about going to Disneyland, I would have missed giving our son an incredible experience. We love looking back at the photos of a child who supposedly was too young to appreciate Disney and would be too scared to meet the characters. When people ask how he did, I show them a picture of our LO hugging Stitch.

These parks are magical, as long as you don't try to predict where you will find the magic. It could be in meeting other newlyweds, watching children meet the characters or in getting to know your new bride while watching a light show. I know you will have a wonderful time, because you have a wonderful attitude.

Congrats on your wedding!
We are planning our first trip to WDW before the kids leave the house and you just gotta realize its a vacation, in your case a honeymoon, its gonna be as good as you make it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter