It's official, Ohana menu change

Perhaps they were added to make the menu more friendly to vegetarians? :confused3

When we ate there about 2 1/2 weeks ago, that's basically what our waitress told me when I brought up the rumor of the chicken skewers being removed.

I am just a tad confused.

What exactly occurred to the menu. Took away chicken skewers, and added lettuce wraps?

From my one and only trip to Ohana last May I remember LOVING the noodles, the chicken wings, and the potstickers. However, if I remember correctly, the wings and potstickers were apps, and the noodles was a side dish....this changed? Was something else taken away from the menu?
Also, while I liked the peanut sauce, I was an even bigger fan of the sweet and sour sauce. Is this gone too?

Thanks, I am trying to figure what the exact changes are.

You know, Disney could have tried something COMPLETELY crazy like other restaurants do, and added those lettuce wraps.....without removing the chicken skewers. Why did it have to be one or the other? Give people a choice - Vegetarian or non-vegetarian. Really not that difficult.

FTR - Those lettuce wraps look like something I dissected in high school biology.

When we ate there about 2 1/2 weeks ago, that's basically what our waitress told me when I brought up the rumor of the chicken skewers being removed.

Did you laugh at her then ask if you had "SUCKER" written on your forehead?

I am just a tad confused. What exactly occurred to the menu. Took away chicken skewers, and added lettuce wraps? From my one and only trip to Ohana last May I remember LOVING the noodles, the chicken wings, and the potstickers. However, if I remember correctly, the wings and potstickers were apps, and the noodles was a side dish....this changed? Was something else taken away from the menu? Also, while I liked the peanut sauce, I was an even bigger fan of the sweet and sour sauce. Is this gone too? Thanks, I am trying to figure what the exact changes are.

They took away the chicken skewers, so the main course chicken that came out with the steak and pork. The wings are being moved to be a main course. The noodles and pot stickers are still there. They added a lettuce wrap appetizer. That's really it.

PhillyPrincess said:
do they still have the salad?

I ate there last Sunday and the salad was still there. I didn't care for the new lettuce wraps but was so full at the end of the meal the missing chicken didnt matter,

Did you laugh at her then ask if you had "SUCKER" written on your forehead?

No. but her facial expression and the way she answered me, made it quite obvious she thought it was a stupid idea as well.

Man! I had no idea this happened. We've been dying to go back to Ohana, but it hasn't been convenient to get to on our last few trips. This trip we're staying at BLT and I was SO excited to snag a perfect reservation. My mom won't eat much on the menu, but said the chicken would be enough. Well........that stinks! I can't imagine they'd take off such a staple! Some of us don't eat red meat and some don't eat pork, so....maybe we need to pick another ressie. :mad:

we were there last friday. the meal was great. the salad and the potstickers were perfect. my husband attempted to take a bite of the lettuce wraps and thought they were really bad, i didn't even try. i didn't see many people eating them and when they took them away they never asked if we liked them. my husband also loves the chicken wings here, but said they were inedible this time, he said they weren't cooked long enough. the steak and the shrimp were perfect and the dessert awesome! we will go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter