It's official, Ohana menu change

I totally hope this is true!

I feel like a crazy person for emailing too and being so upset about the chicken. I mean there are people starving and I am complaining about not being able to eat chicken at 'Ohana

...but we look forward to 'Ohana all year and it our favorite restaurant in the entire world (not just disney world) and it is the only meat my boyfriend likes so that is why I am so upset.

Kinda cool what the power of emails will do!

Ate at Ohana last night for the first time. It was delicious. Everyone loved it and there was something for everyone. My absolute favorite was the chicken skewers. When we asked for more the server told us that they were going off the menu on Sunday. She said "there would be rioting in the streets" and she didn't know why they were coming off.

Ate at Ohana last night for the first time. It was delicious. Everyone loved it and there was something for everyone. My absolute favorite was the chicken skewers. When we asked for more the server told us that they were going off the menu on Sunday. She said "there would be rioting in the streets" and she didn't know why they were coming off.

Oh no!!

No way to say this without being rude, but are people not reading this thread? The chicken is set to come off the menu this Sunday. Why are so many people posting that they ate there on such and such a date and they still had the chicken? We know they still have it.

No way to say this without being rude, but are people not reading this thread? The chicken is set to come off the menu this Sunday. Why are so many people posting that they ate there on such and such a date and they still had the chicken? We know they still have it.

Disney Food Blog reported that on May 1st the posted menu had changed back to include the skewers... So we are hopeful that maybe the decision to remove them has been reversed.

I'm okay with this, as long as they keep the chicken wings coming!! That's my favorite part of the meal, and their always happy to keep on serving them through-out our meals.

BUT I still complain about the loss of their potatoes several years ago….THOSE were delicious!!

I am hopeful they will keep it, it's the only skewer two family members will eat and it's hard to convince everyone to go for a $50 dinner just for appetizers.

I was just looking to make ADRs for July...not sure I still want to with this news! The chicken is my fave! :(

I was going to tell you all. I sent an email asking for reassurance about the peanut sauce. I got a reply that they were getting rid of the chicken but that they appreciated my enthusiasm for the peanut sauce. So tifwiw.

Well I have an adr here in November but if the chicken skewers don't return we will cancel and just go to Captain Cooks. Although I am happy with steak and shrimp, the rest of my family is not.

we were there less then a week ago and we had welcome bread, salad with mango dressing, pot stickers and chicken wings, noodles and veggies, then skewers of chicken, pork, beef and shrimp...and then that delicious bread pudding..(which I never liked before)
The meal was pretty darn good

Just finished dinner at Ohana. Dumplings served with Vegetarian lettuce wraps (edamame, mushrooms, red pepper, carrots and broccoli slaw). Chicken wings were served with the noodles and veggies. Meat skewers were pork, beef and shrimp (NO chicken skewers).

Just finished dinner at Ohana. Dumplings served with Vegetarian lettuce wraps (edamame, mushrooms, red pepper, carrots and broccoli slaw). Chicken wings were served with the noodles and veggies. Meat skewers were pork, beef and shrimp (NO chicken skewers).

Thanks for the update!

What did the lettuce wraps taste like?

'Ohana has always been our favorite restaurant on Disney property. We have never had a bad meal there. We went on Tuesday night. We were told that the chicken skewers stopped on Sunday night and we were the first table to ask about them. They went on to tell us that most people don't like/eat chicken when at 'Ohana.

I am hoping 'Ohana had a bad night the night we were there because the majority of the food was not good and the service was not up to par like it always has been. Most of the sides tasted like they were packaged/frozen items and had been sitting in warmers for a long time. The food was lukewarm. The noodles were dry and hard and the broccoli was still hard. I did not care for the flavor of the lettuce wraps at all - that was just my personal taste. We were given half a head of lettuce and the slaw on top of it. I'm not really sure how to describe there taste. The pork and steak were tough. The shrimp and salad were good. The dessert was excellent and the best part of the meal.

I did like the old menu better and am sad to see it go. I will give 'Ohana another try because it has always been our favorite restaurant.

We just canceled our reservation for tomorrow night. At some point during this trip we will probably go to the Tambu Lounge for bread pudding and drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter