Issues with paying for Individual lightning lane

pigby

<font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more
Have been back home from our vacation for almost 2 weeks now.

However on our last day in the parks - 13 days ago now I booked a lightning lane via Apple Pay for Snow White's Mine Train at 2 x $10 plus tax.

The problem was that it didnt book it first time as it said someone else had taken the slot before I confirmed - this happened 3 times and eventually I managed to book it when I tried half an hour later.

On checking my bank account I had 4 pending transactions of $21.30 each. One of these has debited my account correctly but there are still 3 pending transactions from 2 weeks ago showing on my account but not yet fully debited!

Has anyone had this happen? Did you have to contact anyone to resolve it? I am in the UK and have been on hold 30 minutes already to the UK number and not sure they will be able to help anyway. There is a US number which I am loathe to contact due to costs involved and if it will correct itself anyway. My own Bank cannot help until the transactions are actually showing as debits to the account.

My guess is they'll drop off eventually. Basically, I don't think your bank can do anything at all unless they become a 'real' charge, as until then there's nothing to dispute.

Pending transactions are just holds that confirm the funds are available if the transactions goes through. They can take awhile to fall off and the process and timing depends on both the vendor (Disney) and your bank's rules. The advantage of using a credit card is that none of YOUR money is actually inaccessible until the charge becomes real. With a debit card, you lose access to your money until the hold disappears and there's nothing to be done but wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter