Is there an October 2011 codes watch?

What is the weather like in Mid October? We went last year and stayed last week of September and it was great, I like the warm weather but this year we have to wait to right after columbus day to go, which would be around October 11th.

Last year we went the last week of October. Record setting highs (mid-90's+). Honestly only the day we arrived did the heat bother me (coming from Chicago where we already had long cooled off) & the rest of the days I wore tanks tops (pack a few just in case). Of course the day we left it was returning to "normal" mid 80's for October.

I've gone the last week in October for several years in a row now. Honestly, the weather in FL fails to impress me. One week it rained every day but one. One week we had such cold weather we needed hats and gloves. Last year it was sweltering hot (which makes for a good waterpark day). Really, the weather is all over the map at that time of year.

Be sure to check out the planning link that was listed on the insert in your DVD. The outside of my envelope said Thanks for checking your custom planning info! or something like that.

Actually, that's the first thing I did! I was excited, thinking it might have special offers listed right there, but no such luck!! Did you do anything special on that page? It looked to me like it was just links to the disney.com website :confused3

Actually, that's the first thing I did! I was excited, thinking it might have special offers listed right there, but no such luck!! Did you do anything special on that page? It looked to me like it was just links to the disney.com website :confused3

Same here, jdd.....I went right to the website and that was at least three weeks ago. No such luck with any PIN code. I'm beginning to feel that I'm on some sort of blacklist.....lol

I'm beginning to feel that I'm on some sort of blacklist.....lol

The real bummer is that I got a pin for this time frame back in January - exactly what I wanted - 40% off the deluxe resorts. Of course, at that time we weren't planning to go this year. :headache: And then my sister said, "I think I may take DD11 for a quick weekend in the fall - do you want to join us?" You don't have to ask me twice ;)

I was sure there would be a GP discount for that time - but I thought it would be out by now (going by last year's time frame). Now, I'm starting to sweat....

Just got a 30% code last night through email:

$67 for Value
$119 for moderate
$217 for deluxe ( only AK or WL)

It was only good for Sunday through Thursdays though and we will be there on a Friday and Saturday so as of now we are keeping our reservations at AS. I am hoping when the AP or florida resident discounts come out we will get one we can use.

I've gone the last week in October for several years in a row now. Honestly, the weather in FL fails to impress me. One week it rained every day but one. One week we had such cold weather we needed hats and gloves. Last year it was sweltering hot (which makes for a good waterpark day). Really, the weather is all over the map at that time of year.

Doing my research since changeing our trip dates from end of September to mid-October in hopes of avoiding the heat and humidity of September it does seem the weather in October can be very inconsistant from year to year. I am so hopeing for nice weather(less rain and lower temps) or I am going to be upset since I am paying as much for 6 nights in October as I was paying for 8 nights in September do to higher resort rates in October

The real bummer is that I got a pin for this time frame back in January - exactly what I wanted - 40% off the deluxe resorts. Of course, at that time we weren't planning to go this year. :headache: And then my sister said, "I think I may take DD11 for a quick weekend in the fall - do you want to join us?" You don't have to ask me twice ;)

I was sure there would be a GP discount for that time - but I thought it would be out by now (going by last year's time frame). Now, I'm starting to sweat....

Did you check to see when your pin# you rec'd in January expires? In 2010 I got a 40% off Deluxe which was good for the entire year. One thing this cutback on pin# and GP offers has taught me this year is book something even if you are not positive about the trip, you can always change resorts/dates later once you have locked in the discount.

Just got a 30% code last night through email:

$67 for Value
$119 for moderate
$217 for deluxe ( only AK or WL)

It was only good for Sunday through Thursdays though and we will be there on a Friday and Saturday so as of now we are keeping our reservations at AS. I am hoping when the AP or florida resident discounts come out we will get one we can use.

The pin# I am booked under listed prices for Sunday through Thursdays also as an "example" of the weekday rates but Fridays and Saturdays were discounted. Disney just did not show and example of the higher weekend rates(Fri & Sat nights)

I have seen quite a few people mention the discount only being for Sundays to Thursdays and they are wrongly interpreting the wording of the email

The pin# I am booked under listed prices for Sunday through Thursdays also as an "example" of the weekday rates but Fridays and Saturdays were discounted. Disney just did not show and example of the higher weekend rates(Fri & Sat nights)

I have seen quite a few people mention the discount only being for Sundays to Thursdays and they are wrongly interpreting the wording of the email

We are going Presidents day weekend and those dates weren't listed so I am not even going to bother to call to inquire but thats good to know for the future .

I visited a bunch of links, checked out Dining options, played with maps, etc. I spent maybe 15 minutes playing around from that link, maybe? I think I even built an itinerary. I also opened all the emails they sent afterwards.

My discount is 20% - $76 for a value, $136 for a Moderate and $248 for a deluxe. Not huge, but better than nothing! We also have to book by 6/12.

I visited a bunch of links, checked out Dining options, played with maps, etc. I spent maybe 15 minutes playing around from that link, maybe? I think I even built an itinerary. I also opened all the emails they sent afterwards.

My discount is 20% - $76 for a value, $136 for a Moderate and $248 for a deluxe. Not huge, but better than nothing! We also have to book by 6/12.

ooohh....I've yet to build an itinerary. Maybe I'll do that next. I've signed up with three of my emails and both of hubby's. Got the maps. Got the planning DVD (which my toddler LOVES!!! :)). And I visited the website included with my DVD.

jdd...you make me feel better, thank you. I'm sure free dining will come out, but I just HATE waiting....I never have much patience to begin with and the praying for a discount is killing me.

Did you check to see when your pin# you rec'd in January expires? In 2010 I got a 40% off Deluxe which was good for the entire year. One thing this cutback on pin# and GP offers has taught me this year is book something even if you are not positive about the trip, you can always change resorts/dates later once you have locked in the discount.

Yeah, it expired 02/28/2011 - I've thought about calling just to see if they'll still apply it, but I'm guessing not...

I agree with this - I also think other deluxes are probably included, but at a higher price.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stay, Play Dine PIN offer in October

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After firming up our dates I started logging on to every Disney site I could find. I ordered all they offered free, took every poll, asked questions on the Mom's site and sure enough I got a PIN for the month we are traveling. We will be 3 adults and 3 kids. I called and got a wonderful CM who helped with PIN and availability. Even though the PIN called for value resort discount I asked for help and here's what we ended up with; (I hope this doesn't break any site rules)
Oct. 15 - 22 (7 nights)
Port Orleans Riverside
2 adjoining rooms with trundle beds
6 Park Hopper passes (no water parks)
6 quick dining deals
total just over $4,600
No flights included but we will use Magical Express
I feel we did ok with this deal. What does everyone else think?
No matter, we get to take our DD, DGD, and twin DGS to the World!

Stay, Play Dine PIN offer in October

After firming up our dates I started logging on to every Disney site I could find. I ordered all they offered free, took every poll, asked questions on the Mom's site and sure enough I got a PIN for the month we are traveling. We will be 3 adults and 3 kids. I called and got a wonderful CM who helped with PIN and availability. Even though the PIN called for value resort discount I asked for help and here's what we ended up with; (I hope this doesn't break any site rules)
Oct. 15 - 22 (7 nights)
Port Orleans Riverside
2 adjoining rooms with trundle beds
6 Park Hopper passes (no water parks)
6 quick dining deals
total just over $4,600
No flights included but we will use Magical Express
I feel we did ok with this deal. What does everyone else think?
No matter, we get to take our DD, DGD, and twin DGS to the World!

Looks pretty good to me with 6 travelers and 2 rooms plus your tix and QSDP. It is going to be so much fun taking your grandbabies to Disney :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter