Is there an October 2011 codes watch?

Well, we have a trip booked for the end of September, and I have all the ADRs. We may have to change to the end of October now. So here I am now with no discount and no ADRs! :scared1:

We can still go on the September trip, but we'd be missing several things going on at home. October would be preferred b/c we would miss less going ons at home. The weather would (possibly) be cooler. I know that even with a discount, it would probably cost a little more (regular instead of value season).

So, I wonder what the odds are of a discount being offered before my 45 days to cancel. I think my 45 days is early August. Any thoughts?

We got decent airfare months ago but haven't booked a hotel yet because it is much more expensive than we have paid in the past. Wish we could get a pin code. They seem to send them whenever I don't need them. I wonder if they gave up on us since we didn't go last year. Want to stay at Universal too and do HHN and waiting for dates but that may be a month or so. Need to plan, feeling anxious!

Well, we have a trip booked for the end of September, and I have all the ADRs. We may have to change to the end of October now. So here I am now with no discount and no ADRs! :scared1:

We can still go on the September trip, but we'd be missing several things going on at home. October would be preferred b/c we would miss less going ons at home. The weather would (possibly) be cooler. I know that even with a discount, it would probably cost a little more (regular instead of value season).

So, I wonder what the odds are of a discount being offered before my 45 days to cancel. I think my 45 days is early August. Any thoughts?

I think based on recent years historical fall GP offers for October your chances are good for one to come out before August. It all comes down to where you will want to stay as even now the Epcot resorts have limited rooms available for the cheaper catagories since they are popular during the F&W Festival. Also the very popular restaurants will have limited availabilty if any at all. My 180 day was April 22nd and I have been trying daily to change my Le Cellier time but nothing has been available.

I switched from September to October at BC, had the GP discount in September and was paying roughtly $4000 for 8 nights, when I changed to October with a 20% pin those same 8 nights were going to cost $4500 so we cut back on our nights we are staying. So yes expect the trip to cost more unless they offer a good discount then it will not be so much of a discount.

subscribing...the past 3 Disney trips have been made on a PIN...I would of still gone on the trip regardless but the PIN has always helped me upgrade resort category to deluxe...hoping for the same luck this time around...I am kicking myself though since I did have a PIN good for most of the year and booked for a trip in May and my girlfriend cancelled on me last minute so I couldnt go and PIN had expired so had no luck applying that to my October trip...

Im excited nonetheless, booked at CSR October 5-9 for Food & Wine...hoping for a PIN so we can stay BC/YC or BW....I'll have my fingers and toes crossed that we all see a PIN or a GP discount!! :wizard:

Currently booked late September with a pin, but hoping to go on Dream for a few days, so we will need few nights in October. My (now expired) pin didnt cover those dates anyway. A room discount would be best for us since we are thinking APs. (An AP discount would work too! ;)

We are going October 18-26 we booked with no PIN or code...yikes!! Still hoping for something to come out in summer. We booked the POP since no codes and are doing a split stay with Universal. This will be our first stay at a value and hope we will like it.:love:

We are going October 18-26 we booked with no PIN or code...yikes!! Still hoping for something to come out in summer. We booked the POP since no codes and are doing a split stay with Universal. This will be our first stay at a value and hope we will like it.:love:

We are looking at almost the same dates--Oct 17-25 at the POP and hoping for some type of discount. :worship:

As for the POP, my daughter loves it there. Very kid friendly, great food court and gift shop, the whole atmosphere is so Disney and the bus service we had last Nov was great---hardly any waiting at all. There rooms are very clean, but the only downfall is they are on the small side---but we spent so little time there we did not care.

we're going from Oct. 19-26!

It's our first visit ever. staying at the ASMovies.

crossing my fingers for any discount.

Waiting here too - maybe we will see you there. We arrive on the 23rd at ASMovies. The kids LOVE the decorations there!

You're going to love ASMo!! We stayed there for our first visit too, and loved it. My oldest was four at the time - when we got there and got settled into the resort, we decided to head out to Magic Kingdom and he said "you mean there's more? I thought this WAS Disney World!" It was precious.

Unfortunately, we spoiled everyone last year with the Poly Club level - but ASMo still has a special place in my heart :thumbsup2

Since reading this thread--I found I am becoming obsessive about these PINS, codes, etc.

I need to remind myself, that I just saved a TON on airfare (I got airfare from San Francisco to MCO via Delta for $148 pp--RT!!! :woohoo:). If I have to spend on the room, I won't go mad. :upsidedow

But it sure will be nice if I could...*sigh*

holy crap!!!! please share how you did this!

Like the rest of you. . .I'm anxiously awaiting any news of October deals!

While I am secretly hoping for free dining. . .I did get a pin code in the mail today for 20% off resorts.

Value Resort and Moderate Resort dates include 10/1-10/6 and 10/10-10-31.
Deluxe include 10/1-10/6 and 10/10-10/22.

The room rates indicated are for Sunday-Thursday. Priced $76 V, $136 M, & $248 D.

Was going to call for an actual quote----but it's too late for tonight (lines close at 10)---maybe tomorrow. Guess too, I want to hear further validation that we can in fact change our reservation if a more appealing deal surfaces.

Also. . .curious about cancellation penalties. My husband and I have different last names-----so this deal came to me. If we were to book with this deal-----and later he got a better option, what would be the cost in canceling one offer to rebook another. . .

Yes, I know this seems silly. . .but hey, a savings is a savings. . .so I might as well be vigilant about it.

Anyhow. . .just wanted to alert us "October Hopefuls" that an offer of sorts is out there. . .

Like the rest of you. . .I'm anxiously awaiting any news of October deals!

While I am secretly hoping for free dining. . .I did get a pin code in the mail today for 20% off resorts.

Value Resort and Moderate Resort dates include 10/1-10/6 and 10/10-10-31.
Deluxe include 10/1-10/6 and 10/10-10/22.

The room rates indicated are for Sunday-Thursday. Priced $76 V, $136 M, & $248 D.

Was going to call for an actual quote----but it's too late for tonight (lines close at 10)---maybe tomorrow. Guess too, I want to hear further validation that we can in fact change our reservation if a more appealing deal surfaces.

Also. . .curious about cancellation penalties. My husband and I have different last names-----so this deal came to me. If we were to book with this deal-----and later he got a better option, what would be the cost in canceling one offer to rebook another. . .

Yes, I know this seems silly. . .but hey, a savings is a savings. . .so I might as well be vigilant about it.

Anyhow. . .just wanted to alert us "October Hopefuls" that an offer of sorts is out there. . .

Congrates on the pin !!! Did it come email or snail mail. DH and I are booked with at 20% he rec'd via snail mail. It really looks like Disney is holding to the plan of decreasing the discounts :sad1:

I don't know how many in your party but I did the math and if they do offer FD for October since there are only two of us it would only save us an additional $29.88 for the entire trip, the 20% off pin saved us $522 on our room, we are staying BC in a garden view room

Hey, SJS314: the deal came via snail mail!

. . .since they are mentioning specific dates though, I'm not sure how much we'd benefit from the offer. Our arrival date is 10/28. . .so maybe we'd only get a discount on Sunday the 31st!? (as the discount doesn't cover Fridays & Saturdays) HA!

For us, we stay value (POP)----so the percentage discounts on the room tend to be far less than the dining package. (just my husband and I)

We are going no matter what we 'do' or 'don't' get. . . already have our plane and MNSSHP tickets. . . just have been holding off on the room to 'see what happens'. . .no rush.:cloud9:

. . .since they are mentioning specific dates though, I'm not sure how much we'd benefit from the offer. Our arrival date is 10/28. . .so maybe we'd only get a discount on Sunday the 31st!? (as the discount doesn't cover Fridays & Saturdays) HA!

For us, we stay value (POP)----so the percentage discounts on the room tend to be far less than the dining package. (just my husband and I)

We are going no matter what we 'do' or 'don't' get. . . already have our plane and MNSSHP tickets. . . just have been holding off on the room to 'see what happens'. . .no rush.:cloud9:

Sunday is the 30th. 31st is a Monday this year.

The offer DH rec'd showed the dates 12/1 to 12/22 but when I called the CM told me it was good from 10/18 to 12/22. he never mentioned what dates were blacked out since I immediately booked my October dates

So it can not hurt to ask what dates it is good for

Just found out that our dd's cross country team will be going to Disney World in October. I believe they are going to stay at one of the All stars. They are going to run a race at Wide World of Sports. (I don't have all the details yet). So, now I must plan a trip also. I don't think I want to stay where they are staying :)

I would love any kind of discount. I just priced the trip for my dh & I and it was $1200 with QS. That is with a 4 day non park hopper ticket. I love PH tickets. I have never gone with out one....can I live with out a PH ticket???

Bring on the discounts!!!

holy crap!!!! please share how you did this!

I just logged in and checked airfare EVERY morning. I just got lucky one morning and saw the drop. They were not red-eye flights either. Needless to say, I jumped right on them.
Probably about 45 minutes after I booked the flights--I received "alert" notices from both Priceline and Travelocity alerting me to the air fare price drops. The flights were gone by noon that day.
But, they must only do a certain airport, because our friends in Orange County (city of Orange --but they would have used LAX as well) didn't see these deals. Only up here in the SFO area saw them...

Good luck. :)

I need to ask this question again.
Ealier i was told that if I used PIN code but Free dining is offered I could not get both.

Someone on Facebook yesterday told me he booked his trip etc. So we were talking on the wall. One of his Friends said he got 30% off his Deluxe and now offered free dinning. He got both.

Is this possible or not?

I'm happy with what i have, but if i could add free dinning (if offered) i would maybe upgrade my dining.

So confused:confused3

I need to ask this question again.
Ealier i was told that if I used PIN code but Free dining is offered I could not get both.

Someone on Facebook yesterday told me he booked his trip etc. So we were talking on the wall. One of his Friends said he got 30% off his Deluxe and now offered free dinning. He got both.

Is this possible or not?

I'm happy with what i have, but if i could add free dinning (if offered) i would maybe upgrade my dining.

So confused:confused3

Absolutely not true.

They might GET both offers. But they have to pick the one and only one they want to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter