Is there an October 2011 codes watch?

[/B]

That is only true with the FD , not with the % off room promo out there currently the discount ends 10/1 so 10/2 and on is full rack rate.

I about have given up on getting that 40% off pin everyone talked about, Changed my dates twice now, at first we were booked Oct 23-29, changed to 9/29 to 10/5 for FD and more recently for the 35% promo 9/26 - 10/2, just last week changed resorts and now staying at a Villa which is 40% off .....I just don't think I am going to get a pin for late Oct like I want :sad2:

Waiting now to see what Disney offers in the way of promotions when the current ones end on 3/27, but I can live with my reservation, just afraid it is going to be hotter than I might like late Sept-early Oct.

Sounds like we can up with the same solution as you. We were booked for 9 nights starting 10/29. Then we moved it to 9/24-10/2. I couldn't stand passing up a 35% off code when we'd still be able to do Food & Wine and a Halloween party. It also works out better to take our kids out of school earlier in the year than late in October when all the homework really starts coming home. All in all I'm happy with our decision to switch our dates. Late September is humid, but we've always found the weather to be manageable then.

subscribing.

Totally overwhelmed and scared that we wont' be able to find a discount code for October. This will be our first trip to WDW (parents & kids) and we are hoping to go Oct 9 Thru Oct 16th.

Sounds like we can up with the same solution as you. We were booked for 9 nights starting 10/29. Then we moved it to 9/24-10/2. I couldn't stand passing up a 35% off code when we'd still be able to do Food & Wine and a Halloween party. It also works out better to take our kids out of school earlier in the year than late in October when all the homework really starts coming home. All in all I'm happy with our decision to switch our dates. Late September is humid, but we've always found the weather to be manageable then.

We have never visited during September. We did visit the first week of October in '92 pre F&W and I do not recall the heat only that crowd wise it was busier than we had anticipated.

The heat and humidity is one of my main concerns with having to change our trip to end of September. The plus is from what I have researched the crowds are less in September, I know it will be brutal at F&W since it is opening weekend but I am hopeing we can get in some time on the Thursday before Sept 29th, which is traditionaly the soft opening day for F & W then maybe avoid the evenings the next two days but hit F&W during the day.

I have read a few reports of it being unseasonally hot in October so I am just not sure if they do come out with a deal for October, whether we will change again or not. I suppose it will depend on if we can get the discount at the BC

We have never visited during September. We did visit the first week of October in '92 pre F&W and I do not recall the heat only that crowd wise it was busier than we had anticipated.

The heat and humidity is one of my main concerns with having to change our trip to end of September. The plus is from what I have researched the crowds are less in September, I know it will be brutal at F&W since it is opening weekend but I am hopeing we can get in some time on the Thursday before Sept 29th, which is traditionaly the soft opening day for F & W then maybe avoid the evenings the next two days but hit F&W during the day.

I have read a few reports of it being unseasonally hot in October so I am just not sure if they do come out with a deal for October, whether we will change again or not. I suppose it will depend on if we can get the discount at the BC

I don't think you're alone in your thinking. Lots of people who want to go for a Halloween party but want the deals will grab that last possible week in September. I bet it's going to be even busier than past years. It's unusual for Disney to have the deals out there as early as they did with this. It's given people lots of time to think on it.

FWIW........ we did that week in 09. They had record heat in the 90's. Felt like summer. I won't do it again.

If I were you, I'd maybe leave it as it is, but don't book airfare yet. I still think there will be deals further into the fall. Everyone is used to the deals, and I think Disney is addicted to having the parks packed now.

subscribing.

Totally overwhelmed and scared that we wont' be able to find a discount code for October. This will be our first trip to WDW (parents & kids) and we are hoping to go Oct 9 Thru Oct 16th.

This is when I am going too. Received a code but wasn't good for this week. Very frustrating!

Just paid off my trip!

We are going, discount or not, so I went ahead and paid it off. Maybe something will come out and I will continue to keep an eye out, but I had the money to pay it off so I decided to do so.

Just paid off my trip!

We are going, discount or not, so I went ahead and paid it off. Maybe something will come out and I will continue to keep an eye out, but I had the money to pay it off so I decided to do so.

Nicely done! We just paid off our May trip and now I'm wondering if that affects the possibility of me getting a PIN.

I've still got my fingers crossed for one for this fall but we'll see what happens.

The real kicker with us Canadians is that we have to play the exchange rate game. For all you American's you know EXACTLY how much your trip is going to be...us Canadian's have to keep in mind that the exchange rate can either raise or lower the price of our trip. It's not bad nowadays but it wasn't too long ago that your dollar was worth 40% more than ours. That sure made it tough to do the yearly trip...

This is when I am going too. Received a code but wasn't good for this week. Very frustrating!

Ditto here too!! I was so excited to get the flyer in the mail... what a bummer when I read the fine print about our dates being excluded.

We booked free dining last year for September 24th- October 2nd. We've been this time of year for the past 6 or 7 years and we like the early to late October time because of the F&W Festival and MNSSHP. This year though the free dining ended sooner than it has in past years, so we had to book some back in to September for a Saturday arrival. I'm worried that we'll miss F&W because we'll be headed home on the 2nd and if I'm remembering correctly it starts around that date?

I wish they would extend the free dining so we could go closer to mid October when it was cooler. A lot of schools have their fall break on that first week in October as well, so that makes it more crowded. All I can do is sit and wait I suppose....I hope we see an extension of it soon :)

EDITED TO ADD: I just looked up the F&W Festival for 2011 and the dates listed are September 30, 2011 – November 13, 2011. So it looks like those that had to book like we did will be fine :)

Nicely done! We just paid off our May trip and now I'm wondering if that affects the possibility of me getting a PIN.

I've still got my fingers crossed for one for this fall but we'll see what happens.

The real kicker with us Canadians is that we have to play the exchange rate game. For all you American's you know EXACTLY how much your trip is going to be...us Canadian's have to keep in mind that the exchange rate can either raise or lower the price of our trip. It's not bad nowadays but it wasn't too long ago that your dollar was worth 40% more than ours. That sure made it tough to do the yearly trip...

Yea, that would really stink to have to worry about. I have traveled outside the states and had a hard time keeping track of those sorts of things, so I have a slight idea of what you are talking about.

It came down to the fact that the time I have booked is the time we have to go. I am in school working on my Masters so if we want to go for Food and Wine, then it has to be over my fall break. Otherwise, I would risk having to miss class and I simply can not do that. This way, as long as I do my schedule correctly, I won't have that to worry about. So, I couldn't shift the days to take advantage of any of the current discounts and I wanted it payed off (so I didn't forget) so... there you have it.

We were hoping to go for a week on October 18th but booked for the 1st to the 8th instead. Did you know that as long as you book by the last day of the KPF deal it applies to your entire stay??!! :thumbsup2

If a different deals comes up for mid october I think we'll switch!

Okay guys, I went ahead and booked last night. I used my 35% off code for moderates. It ends on 2/28, but have the money now, so why not? I have a few questions for CMs, but those can wait for Friday, when I'm off work and can call early in the AM. STILL waiting around for Free Dining. Could save about $100, so I may have to change my ressie later. Has anyone else booked this deal?

Ok we're booked for Spet. 29th. thru Oct. 5th. that way we still get the free dinning ! But I've seen that there's alot of schools that break the first week of Oct. so now I'm thinking there will be crowds on top of maybe awful heat!! Think we should go later in the month of Oct. What do you guys think? No discounts out yet for that time frame.Help me out with what you guys would do please!!
Thanks!

I personally love the 2nd and 3rd week of October, but due to budget restraints we're going late September this year.

Ok we're booked for Spet. 29th. thru Oct. 5th. that way we still get the free dinning ! But I've seen that there's alot of schools that break the first week of Oct. so now I'm thinking there will be crowds on top of maybe awful heat!! Think we should go later in the month of Oct. What do you guys think? No discounts out yet for that time frame.Help me out with what you guys would do please!!
Thanks!

We were booked your exact dates for FD, then changed to Sept 25-Oct 2 to take advantage of the % off promo that is out there now. Originally we were booked last week of Oct and that is when I wanted to go but I hear that is busy because of Halloween.
We went one year first week of October and there were a LOT of kids there because of the school breaks. I think it is half dozen of one and six of the other...crowds/heat-humidity

Needless to say if a discount comes out for late Oct, I too am thinking of going with larger crowds for better weather, from what I can surmise September crowds are lower than October but you run the risk of sweltering temps :scared1:

I finally :banana::banana: got the pin that so many have gotten that includes the dates of 10/23 - 10/29..........so off to POFQ for us, 35% off which is not too bad. Not sure if any public offers will beat that, but you never know.

Sure beats the 5% pin I got last month ;)

I finally :banana::banana: got the pin that so many have gotten that includes the dates of 10/23 - 10/29..........so off to POFQ for us, 35% off which is not too bad. Not sure if any public offers will beat that, but you never know.

Sure beats the 5% pin I got last month ;)

Congrates on getting the pin............I can not even believe they have the nerve to send out pins for 5%, I mean hey at least cover the tax on the room

Congrates on getting the pin............I can not even believe they have the nerve to send out pins for 5%, I mean hey at least cover the tax on the room
No they don't. Tax on the rooms is at least 12.5%.

Yeah, I guess *maybe* WDW got the idea after I didn't bite on that BIG pin discount (or the e-mail they sent me that really wasn't a discount - just showing regular package pricing) that they needed to send me another :rotfl: Well, I will not look a gift horse in the mouth ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter