is there a free dining watch thread for fall?

One of my clients has a reservation for November. When I pull up her reservation, next to her package type there is an edit button. There are no offers at the moment, but I wonder if we can add Free Dining there instead of calling and being on hold for hours the day it is released. www4afam...how did you add Free Dining to your existing reservation? I never tried to do that. Did you just pull up your reservation and had an option to add it? Please let me know. Thanks so much!
Sorry, I missed this question. I saw someone answered for you but wanted to add that last year that is exactly how I modified at 5:30am. I just clicked that modify button and the offer was right there to check. Once I checked it, it then added either the park hopper or water park to add to qualify.

Sorry, I missed this question. I saw someone answered for you but wanted to add that last year that is exactly how I modified at 5:30am. I just clicked that modify button and the offer was right there to check. Once I checked it, it then added either the park hopper or water park to add to qualify.
Thanks for getting back to me. I am not sure if she will qualify because of her dates and Jersey week. She is checking out the following Sunday, 11/13. Plus she is in French Quarter. I have to call her to see if she does qualify date wise is she is will to move to CBR.

I've got a twelve night reservation for my family of five for a studio suite at a beautiful hotel with a big pool (I hope it's warm enough to swim during out stay), near SeaWorld, for $76 per night in the second half of December (no parking or resort fees, free breakfast included). Disney's going to have to offer free dining at Riverside (or Caribbean Beach) to make me give up that $76 rate! The free dining may not happen for me at POR (or CBB) on my dates so I'm not counting on it, and if so I will miss beautiful Riverside, but the amount of $$$ is a factor that can't be ignored. If as likely free dining at Disney doesn't pan out for me, my offsite hotel is almost $3,000 Canadian cheaper than POR over the twelve nights.

My best wishes to all who are hoping for free dining this fall. If I don't get it, I hope you do.

I've got a twelve night reservation for my family of five a studio suite at a beautiful hotel with a big pool (I hope it's warm enough to swim during out stay), near SeaWorld, for $76 per night in the second half of December (no parking or resort fees, free breakfast included). Disney's going to have to offer free dining at Riverside (or Caribbean Beach) to make me give up that $76 rate! The free dining may not happen for me at POR (or CBB) on my dates so I'm not counting on it, and if so I will miss beautiful Riverside, but the amount of $$$ is a factor that can't be ignored. If as likely free dining doesn't pan out for me, my offsite hotel is almost $3,000 Canadian cheaper than POR over the twelve nights.

My best wishes to all who are hoping for free dining this fall. If I don't get it, I hope you do.
May I ask which hotel? I'm trying to learn about the offsite options.

I've got a twelve night reservation for my family of five for a studio suite at a beautiful hotel with a big pool (I hope it's warm enough to swim during out stay), near SeaWorld, for $76 per night in the second half of December (no parking or resort fees, free breakfast included). Disney's going to have to offer free dining at Riverside (or Caribbean Beach) to make me give up that $76 rate! The free dining may not happen for me at POR (or CBB) on my dates so I'm not counting on it, and if so I will miss beautiful Riverside, but the amount of $$$ is a factor that can't be ignored. If as likely free dining at Disney doesn't pan out for me, my offsite hotel is almost $3,000 Canadian cheaper than POR over the twelve nights.

I would love some info on this hotel. We are also a family of five from Canada.

I stayed a this resort and I have one of my clients booked here for June. It is really nice. I booked the res with a supplier that offers lower prices so we stayed in a two bedroom condo, it was actually in the penthouse level for five nights and it was about $530. It was gorgeous. The staff was great. They have a pirate pool too. http://www.lbvorlandoresort.com

does anyone know the cost top upgrade from the quick service to the regular dining plan? we booked pop free dining for aug 26 with a bounceback.. I'm trying to price out upgrading to a moderate if/when free dining comes out for the general public.

does anyone know the cost top upgrade from the quick service to the regular dining plan? we booked pop free dining for aug 26 with a bounceback.. I'm trying to price out upgrading to a moderate if/when free dining comes out for the general public.
You want to keep in mind that both ticket prices and the dining plan have increased in cost since you booked your free dining bounce back last year. We booked a free dining bounceback and the price of our five day park hoppers increased approximately $32 per person. If you make any changes to your package you may have to pay the new ticket prices.

If you want to know how much it will cost to upgrade to a moderate then go to the Disney website and try to book the reservation with tickets but without the dining plan. Then you will know how much it will cost. :) But I would guess you would spend about $60-80 more per day for the moderate.

You want to keep in mind that both ticket prices and the dining plan have increased in cost since you booked your free dining bounce back last year. We booked a free dining bounceback and the price of our five day park hoppers increased approximately $32 per person. If you make any changes to your package you may have to pay the new ticket prices.

If you want to know how much it will cost to upgrade to a moderate then go to the Disney website and try to book the reservation with tickets but without the dining plan. Then you will know how much it will cost. :) But I would guess you would spend about $60-80 more per day for the moderate.[/QUOTE

thanks so much we actually have annual passes. so the only tickets in our BB package are the 2 that are required. (and I know they are priced slightly differently than the regular tickets, but I guesstimated)
I did price out a room only for a moderate, but want to compare apples to apples. so I would have to add the cost of those two 2-day tickets , then subract the cost of the dining upgrade (since the moderates come with the reg plan and we padi to upgrade from QS to the reg. plan)
If my package printout had been itemized, I could see this. anyhow. I know somewhere they list the fees to upgrade. I found it a few years ago...
or I could just wait till it comes out! lol just trying to be prepared with the costs before.

Last edited:
guess I took a stupid pill. you'd think after all these years I would be good at the "disney math" lol. wood nynmph, I get it now.. I don't need to know the price to upgrade as the reg dining will be included in the price of the moderate plus 2 day hoppers (assuming that is, again, the requirement) . thanks!
(the only time 'worth" of those 2 day tickets will come into play is when I bridge them next year to next years annual pass)

Sorry if I posted twice. Not sure what happened.

Len Testa on Twitter:
Likely free dining for Disney Visa Cardmembers tomorrow. General public ... Monday?

Anyone seeing more info??

Yup the 25th has been popping up as the day...Hope we can get what we want and when . Still kicking myself we didnt do the BB last year.

How will we know if the BB is released?

I assume you mean free dining released not a bounceback. I would watch the boards here and just try on Monday morning. Just remember by the time you are seeing it posted it is because others have tried and are posting it is up. So I would recommend being ready Monday morning and trying. In the past when I heard it was rumored to come out, I would call right at 7am and ask.

I assume you mean free dining released not a bounceback. I would watch the boards here and just try on Monday morning. Just remember by the time you are seeing it posted it is because others have tried and are posting it is up. So I would recommend being ready Monday morning and trying. In the past when I heard it was rumored to come out, I would call right at 7am and ask.
Thank you! I know you must book a package to get the free dining. Do the park passes have to be park hoppers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter