IS there a Code watch Thread for OCtober 2010

WAAAYYY too early for me to be thinking about this, we just got back 3 weeks ago, but I'll subscribe just so I don't miss anything. FWIW, we booked this last trip in July at the AAA rate then later found a code here that shaved $100 off the 6 day stay. I don't expect any action here until next Spring at the earliest.

Bill From PA

I'm in . Couldn't do bounce back this yr due to the economy. Planning again for next sept/oct.

I just got a pin code card for most of 2010, including October 1-7, and Oct. 11- Nov. 23rd. It is for 30%/35%/40% off resorts.

If I would make a reservation with this pin, could I change it later for free dining if they offer it? Does this tend to be a better deal than the 4/3 deal? If I make the reservation soon, do I have to put money down or do they hold it with a credit card with a cancellation period?

I just got a pin code card for most of 2010, including October 1-7, and Oct. 11- Nov. 23rd. It is for 30%/35%/40% off resorts.

If I would make a reservation with this pin, could I change it later for free dining if they offer it? Does this tend to be a better deal than the 4/3 deal? If I make the reservation soon, do I have to put money down or do they hold it with a credit card with a cancellation period?

Congrats on the PIN! I've never received one. My sister gets them all the time! :headache:

Yes, you can change the discount at a later date if you think a better deal comes along. Whether your PIN is a better discount than something else being offered usually depends on where you are staying, what view you book etc. You really have to crunch the numbers to determine which discount is best.

If you book a package there is a $200 deposit. I can't remember what the deposit is, if any, for a room only ressie.

Congrats on the PIN! I've never received one. My sister gets them all the time! :headache:

Yes, you can change the discount at a later date if you think a better deal comes along. Whether your PIN is a better discount than something else being offered usually depends on where you are staying, what view you book etc. You really have to crunch the numbers to determine which discount is best.

If you book a package there is a $200 deposit. I can't remember what the deposit is, if any, for a room only ressie.

Just remember if you book a package they automatically add the travel ins. If you are unsure of the trip be sure to have them take it off. You can add it up to 45 days before you arrive. This will ensure you will get your entire $200 back if you have to cancel for any reason.

So...If free dining does become available next year like it has for the past few years...when does it usually get released to us mere mortals?

So...If free dining does become available next year like it has for the past few years...when does it usually get released to us mere mortals?

Like the other poster said, usually it becomes available to Visa card holders first and then to the public. The last few years its been released in April, so just keep an eye on the boards if thats what you're looking for.

October 6th to 12th.
First time, and for my daugther birthday. A PIN would be great!

I want to join this thread. We are planning family Oct - hoping for free dining. Granddaughter is already excited about the princesses.

:wizard:
Going back to Disney in October.. We had so much fun this year!
Can't wait:surfweb:Hurry up code watch....
:)

First trip with family on Sept 28- Oct 12. Looking for some discounts. Hopefully something good. Does anyone know if I make ADRs at my 6 month point, which will probably be before the discounts will come out, if i can still keep those ADRs or will have to redo them if I change to free dining and want the same ADRs? (make sense?)

So far the PIN's that I've seen exclude Columbus Day weekend (which I know is busy and rates increase in 2010.....) but I can still hope and pray that disney releases some sort of discount to include those dates! Maybe I'd better at least get AAA discount booked for that weekend....Anybody get a good discount for that weekend yet?

I have been doing everything to get a code for
October 16th--24th but nothing!!:sad2:
I Caved and booked because when I went to check up on the
Vacation offers that I saved it showed that no Standard rooms at AKL
were available anymore for the week we wanted to stay so I booked
a pool view (hoping for any type of discount) just so I would have something.

Now I have to try to figure out when Southwest Airlines put out there
fares for October--seem like it was in early Summer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter