Is it even possible to ride Frozen Ever After??

JustinS

Mouseketeer
I don't have a fast pass unfortunately. I'm here with a first timer, so I don't want to miss everything else that is offered in order to wait in line 3-4hours. Is there any hope to get on??

We had a FP for it, but wanted to ride again. Got in line. The wait time was up at 2 hours. We were on the ride in 30 minutes. We got in line just as the park was closing, so I assume the FP line was dying down. Maybe try to get in line during EMH when there are no FP's. Your wait will likely be less time.

Hmmm. I didn't think of that. In the time it took to get from International Gateway to Norway this morning(and I was near front of line) there were already at least 500 people waiting (that might be a light estimate) so we hit Soarin' instead. THANKS!

You would need to get to Epcot really early, so that you were one of the first people in. Then you need to move quickly to the ride and hope it's not broken down right then. I have also seen some wait times drop to less then 40 minutes after the morning rush, like late morning/lunch time.

We rode it on the Fourth of July and only waited 20 minutes! Granted, we parked at the Boardwalk and walked through the International Gateway at 8:50! That's the easiest way to ride it without a FP, which we wasted later on Soarin'.

Like others are saying, your best bet is to ride at rope drop. However, yesterday the ride was down at rope drop (9am) and didn't open until almost 11:30am. I do find the wait times to be a little exaggerated at times. We were able to luck out by being there while the ride was down again (around 2ish?) and waited in the area for about 15 minutes until it opened up again.

Yes, you don't even necessarily need to rope drop if it's not an expected very crowded day. We rode it on July 1st (maybe June 30th?) and only waited 27 minutes...at 10:30am.

Get in line about 5 minutes before park closing if you don't mind a wait, but don't want to miss anything else. If you are in line before closing, you may wait but you will get to ride. You may miss Illuminations though if the queue is already inside the building.

How is the wait during illuminations?

I ask because we did 7DMT during the fireworks and had a 20 minute walk on... so maybe it'll be the same for Frozen with the Illuminations show?

You would need to get to Epcot really early, so that you were one of the first people in. Then you need to move quickly to the ride and hope it's not broken down right then. I have also seen some wait times drop to less then 40 minutes after the morning rush, like late morning/lunch time.

We're considering joining the mad dash during our morning at Epcot. There's no EMH that morning (and we're not eligible, anyway). Park opens at 9:00. What do you think defines "really early" to be one of the first people? Not sure we'll make it-- two night owls will be accompanying this lark-- but I'd appreciate a goal to try for. I think I can count on one hand all the times we've made rope drop in the past. If we can't ride FEA first thing, at least we'll get an early start and get more done. Thanks!

We're considering joining the mad dash during our morning at Epcot. There's no EMH that morning (and we're not eligible, anyway). Park opens at 9:00. What do you think defines "really early" to be one of the first people? Not sure we'll make it-- two night owls will be accompanying this lark-- but I'd appreciate a goal to try for. I think I can count on one hand all the times we've made rope drop in the past. If we can't ride FEA first thing, at least we'll get an early start and get more done. Thanks!

To be one of the first at the turnstiles, I think you need to arrive, not leave your hotel, 45 minutes to an hour before park opening. An hour or more is probably the safer bet with it not being AM EMH. In March, we were the first people at the park. The security guards weren't even out yet. We were there so early, that they parked us with some employees. We still didn't get on Test Track first. However, I was having issues walking, because a girl stomped on my foot earlier in the trip during the Mardi Gras parade at Universal. There were a lot of people that were pretty much running.

One note if you have kids. Have them go to the bathroom outside the gate about 30 minutes, maybe a little more, before the park opens. For some reason, we never learn this lesson at Epcot:rolleyes2

Rode it before --- had a 5:30 FP --- we absolutely loved it !!! Went on again --- posted wait time was 75 mins --- waited around 90, but flew by !!!

We rode it on the 1st, around noon. Posted wait time was 90 but it was 70 and the wait was inside. If the wait time is 90 or less and the wait is inside, I'd say to go for it.

I don't have a fast pass unfortunately. I'm here with a first timer, so I don't want to miss everything else that is offered in order to wait in line 3-4hours. Is there any hope to get on??
Thanks for stopping by and asking this great question! It looks like you've gotten some good suggestions on things to try. We liked your thread so much that we featured it on today's DIS Daily Fix; have a look!

Best option is the daily running of the Frozen 5K. But keep this in mind, according to a CM on a recent regular park day of 12hrs FEA ran for a cumulative total of 2hrs. Because they did not update the ride mechanism, FEA has many of the downtime problems that Maelstrom had, similar capacity, and more complicated and intricate audio-animatronics. In other words, it breaks down a lot. If you really want to ride it, you're going to have to take your chances.

Is it better to go with the PPO Akershus strategy, RD, or FP+? we have an 8:25am Akershus reservation but we want to enjoy the meal (i.e. meet all the princesses). Would the CM's let us in early (with the people with the 8am reservations?) I have 2 days at Epcot and am onsite so can FP+ at 60 days.

Is it better to go with the PPO Akershus strategy, RD, or FP+? we have an 8:25am Akershus reservation but we want to enjoy the meal (i.e. meet all the princesses). Would the CM's let us in early (with the people with the 8am reservations?) I have 2 days at Epcot and am onsite so can FP+ at 60 days.

We have an 8:15 and I'm wondering the same thing. I also have an Akershus lunch on another day, so if the rope drop strategy is better, we will cancel the breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter