Is it even possible to ride Frozen Ever After??

How is the wait during illuminations?

I ask because we did 7DMT during the fireworks and had a 20 minute walk on... so maybe it'll be the same for Frozen with the Illuminations show?

Unless the ride is open for some EMH it closes as soon as the show starts So unless you are in line before they close the line (and I am not sure if they do that before the show starts or not) you won't ride.

Is it better to go with the PPO Akershus strategy, RD, or FP+? we have an 8:25am Akershus reservation but we want to enjoy the meal (i.e. meet all the princesses). Would the CM's let us in early (with the people with the 8am reservations?) I have 2 days at Epcot and am onsite so can FP+ at 60 days.

We have an 8:15 and I'm wondering the same thing. I also have an Akershus lunch on another day, so if the rope drop strategy is better, we will cancel the breakfast.

Count me in the same boat. We have an 8:20am ADR, but DD10 is honestly not terribly concerned with meeting all of the princesses anymore. We'll definitely eat breakfast (and actually love Akershus), and will tip our server well, but are hoping that we can finish very quickly and be out in time to beat the crowds. Do you think it would be possible with an 8:20am ADR? Wondering if we can skip the picture with Belle and ask to pay as soon as we sit so that we're free to leave as soon as we've finished eating.

Count me in the same boat. We have an 8:20am ADR, but DD10 is honestly not terribly concerned with meeting all of the princesses anymore. We'll definitely eat breakfast (and actually love Akershus), and will tip our server well, but are hoping that we can finish very quickly and be out in time to beat the crowds. Do you think it would be possible with an 8:20am ADR? Wondering if we can skip the picture with Belle and ask to pay as soon as we sit so that we're free to leave as soon as we've finished eating.

We had an 8:10 last week. We were seated by 8:15, did the Belle pictures and ate leisurely. The princesses didn't come out right away and were in the other room until 8:45. We are three adults so didn't care about meeting the princesses. I asked to pay the bill and we left. We rode Frozen twice before 9. If we stayed for the princesses we'd have been in a longer line. I think an 8:20 is still ok- you do the picture before being seated which only takes a minute. Just ask for the bill when seated and you should still be able to enjoy breakfast.

We rode it Tuesday at 3pm, booked our Fastpasses 60 days out. It was our 3rd Fastpass of the day, so while we were in line we booked it again for 7pm (Unfortunately the ride was down at that point & didn't come back up).

I rode it five times in the past week and none of those were at RD. I just kept checking back for FP+ on MDE & grabbed them as soon as they popped up. I would never wait more than 20-30 minutes for a ride, but I think this one is a blast - if you're into Frozen!

I rode it five times in the past week and none of those were at RD. I just kept checking back for FP+ on MDE & grabbed them as soon as they popped up. I would never wait more than 20-30 minutes for a ride, but I think this one is a blast - if you're into Frozen!

We also grabbed same day FP+ just as we arrived at Epcot. Nice people remember to cancel their FP+ if they don't intend to use them! It's definitely worth checking MDE in the days leading up to your trip and also once you're there.

Have one member of your family skip the meal and get in line, as soon as you enter the park. Its a solid strategy. I've used it before. I've also made the reservation, brought my own food in with me at 8am, skipped the reservation, and just immediately got in line. (Not for Frozen, but to meet Anna and Elsa when they first appeared in the park and people were waiting up to 8 hours in line.) Yes, I know, I know I'm such a horrible person. Yes, I got charged my no-show fee. However, we met Anna and Elsa in 20 minutes, there were 30 people in front of me in line already when I got in it, so I wasn't the only one who was this astute, and I looked at it like I spent $25 for front of the line access. Didn't bother me then, doesn't bother me now.

Wednesday, February 8th - park open until 9:00 pm. No Fastpasses as this was a last minute decision.

I landed in Orlando for a business trip at 4:15 pm and decided to do Epcot. Got there at 5:45 pm (after claiming luggage and rental car).

I walked on Spaceship Earth on my way back to World Showcase. Started at Canada and went counterclockwise around the world.

Got in line for Frozen at 8:21pm (posted one hour wait) and was on in 22 minutes.

Was off the ride and outside to hear the five minute call for 9:00 pm Illuminations and find a seat by Mexico.

I worked the next day and then went to the MK "After Hours" event from 7-11 pm which was phenomenal!

Park still open 7-8 so grabbed Starbucks and watched Wishes. Park closed at 8 for regular guests, I rode SM, Little Mermaid, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (5 Times), Pan (twice), Pooh, Haunted, Splash, and Pirates all with ZERO wait -- walked right in every single ride. Other rides were open (BTMRR was supposed to be open but was down). Dumbo was going around EMPTY.

If you have the chance -- go to this event!! $119 per adult is expensive but so worth it. Free ice cream, popcorn, and bottled drinks from carts included.

On a side note, they issued large lanyards for this event which I think worked way better than bracelets, allowing CM's to very effectively clear the park of non-event guests right at 8:00 pm. I literally walked onto the ride vehicle on SM, without stopping, at 8:00 pm. I noticed a security guard at the entrance, along with the CM. this was the only time, so in assuming it was part of clearing the park. A+

Last edited:
I don't have a fast pass unfortunately. I'm here with a first timer, so I don't want to miss everything else that is offered in order to wait in line 3-4hours. Is there any hope to get on??

Went to Epcot on 2/3/17. The standby wait was 30 mins per the sign around noon, but our actual wait ended up being about 15 minutes. It moved very quickly. We didn't feel that the crowds were particularly light that day, either. Not sure what made the difference, but it was very easy. However, we didn't think it was worth a second spin around so we didn't attempt the line again. Good luck!!

Based on these posts I am assuming Frozen opens at 9 am. I thought it didn't open until 11 am when World Showcase opens. Did they change the time of World Showcase opening or did they just make Frozen open at park opening instead of World Showcase opening?

One good thing is wait times are usually over-inflated.

Also, if you get in line right before park closing, you can ride then. ;)

Based on these posts I am assuming Frozen opens at 9 am. I thought it didn't open until 11 am when World Showcase opens. Did they change the time of World Showcase opening or did they just make Frozen open at park opening instead of World Showcase opening?
Frozen has always opened with the rest of the park, not WS. WS still opens at 11.

Keep checking FP on the MDE website. We are 2 1/2 weeks away from our trip. I had a 7:20 pm FP for Frozen but it meant we would have to leave MK and go back to Epcot just for this ride, which we would have done. I checked this morning and there were 2 open times, one for 11:30 am and another around 2:00 pm. The 11:30 fit right in with our other FP's and plans for the day! So, keep checking through the day!

We're considering joining the mad dash during our morning at Epcot. There's no EMH that morning (and we're not eligible, anyway). Park opens at 9:00. What do you think defines "really early" to be one of the first people? Not sure we'll make it-- two night owls will be accompanying this lark-- but I'd appreciate a goal to try for. I think I can count on one hand all the times we've made rope drop in the past. If we can't ride FEA first thing, at least we'll get an early start and get more done. Thanks!

This is exactly how we did it in Dec. we were waiting at the tapstiles by about 8:15, there were probably 20 people ahead of us. We walked as fast as we could, and were on the second boat loading, I think. The walk was loooong, but totally worth it. I do think I might have cried had the ride been down when we got there.

Does the line have an interactive queue? We've ridden once with FP. I've been too scared off by the insane posted times to ride again, but an interactive queue might make us more willing to brave standby.

If you've ridden Maelstrom, you've already done it. Same ride, just changed the scenery.

I've boycotted it since it came out, until last week. We were over there in the morning with a reasonable wait posted, so gave it a try. We were doing Figment's Scavenger Hunt (Art's Festival) and went on it on a whim. Had to talk DH into it, but he went. We waited about 15 minutes. I believe the wait time posted was about 45. It was cute, but won't bother riding again.

I've always gotten fast passes to any ride I've wanted, even during peak times. People cancel all the time. So if you keep just checking and checking and checking, non stop for like 20 mins, sooner or later a time comes up lol

I've only done this with trying to get for TWO people total though. I'm sure it's harder for more lol

Edit: this is done while at the park

This is exactly how we did it in Dec. we were waiting at the tapstiles by about 8:15, there were probably 20 people ahead of us. We walked as fast as we could, and were on the second boat loading, I think. The walk was loooong, but totally worth it. I do think I might have cried had the ride been down when we got there.
We jumped through hoops to get on FEA when we could not get a FP last July. We got an 8:05 am ADR at Akershus, took a taxi to EPCOT, and thought we were in good shape. NOT! When we left the breakfast, FEA was down, and stayed down for hours. Yes, I wanted to sit down and bawl,:sad: but I had to stay positive for the kids. We returned to EPCOT in the evening and we were finally able to ride before the park closed....long day for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter