Is Fantasmic a Must?

I've been to WDW 5 times and last year was my first time to go to Fantasmic. My first thought was "why have I never seen this before!!" I thought it was the best night time show at Disney. I like Illuminations, but if you have seen it once, you've seen it. But I could watch Fantasmic over and over. This year we decided to do the Fantasmic package. We went in May last year and walked in 10 minutes before show time and had no problems finding a seat.

Enjoy!!

We have ADRs for H&V so we would have reserved seating for Fantasmic, but it is messing up my schedule. Question, is Fantasmic a must? We only have 4 days this trip, but DD & her family have never been. We are trying to fit everything in but Fantasmic is not working well. Your thoughts? Oh, the kids are 10 & 11 year old boys.

We go to WDW once a year, in December, the first night we arrive, that is our family tradition, that is HOW MUCH WE LOVE IT !!!!!!

We also see it once more before we fly home. I love everything about the show & it truly starts our vacation out PERFECTLY!!!!!! It is INCREDIBLE!!!
GO! GO! GO! Do not miss it!!!! You will love it !!!!!:santa: :santa: :santa:

I would have to say that Fantasmic is probably my family's favorite nighttime show. It is beautiful and to me a must see. Try to fit it in, if not, I'm sure you will be back. :cool1:

My family and I love Fantasmic, but, we love all the shows and wouldn't miss any of them! :)

We saw it once and we thought it was ok, nice. Years later I wasn't sure if we would want to see it again. My kids were very young the first time they saw it so I thought they might miss out if we didn't see it again.

So we went and saw it for a second time. Again, ok...nice. Nothing like Illuminations or Wishes,imo.

So now, we can have more time riding rides while everyone is at the show. But even better, we don't have to feel like we have to get the dining package(the only bad meal I've had at WDW in 12 trips..Mama Melrose) or fight the horrible crowds after the show. Thank God!!!!!!

As I'm a HUGE Mickey Mouse fan, Fantasmic is a certain not-to-be missed show for me. It was recommended by a friend of mine who sees it every time he goes, and I've seen it every time since. It's AWESOME IMHO!!!!!!!!!

It is not to be missed. It is a great show but if I could only pick 2 shows it would be wishes and Illuminations but they are all so hard to compare.

I realize we're probably in the minority, but Fantasmic is our least favorite of the nighttime shows. The show itself is alright, but being jam-packed into uncomfortable stadium seating in the heat for what seams like an interminable wait, ruins what bit of pleasure we get from the show.

Yes, Fantasmic is a must! It is worth re-arranging your schedule to be sure you see it.

Frankly, I would give up the ADR and just plan to grab some hot dogs for dinner at the amphiteatre to watch it. If you're short on time, a TS restaurant is a real time waster, IMHO.

Susan

I would have to agree on the ADR. We did the package last year, but you still have to arrive early and the seats really aren't that good (they're off to the right).

This trip, we are planning to grab some burgers from ABC and get a seat early. Then, we can enjoy dinner while we hold our seats.

As for the ampitheatre, the lines are really long and the food is less than impressive. I can't speak for the hot dogs, but we had stale chips with cold cheese sauce and stale popcorn. I would recommend bringing something in from another CS restaurant.

Fantasmic was DS's AND DH's favorite show (and they are complete opposites), so I wouldn't skip the show if I could help it. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter