Is Fantasmic a Must?

I watched the videos on YouTube and decided not to waste my time on it. It seemed long, kind of disjointed and just not really my cup of tea. I'd check out the You Tube videos first to get a general idea of what it is like. I would MUCH rather see Illuminations and Wishes b/c nothing beats a Disney fireworks display IMHO.

All the shows are so much better in person. YouTube is great to get an idea, but the real thing in person is much grander.

I have not read what the others are suggesting but, IMHO I enjoy Fantasmic.

It it messes my planning too much I would probably skip it but if possible I would try to fit it in.

tigerlily952

All the shows are so much better in person. YouTube is great to get an idea, but the real thing in person is much grander.

I know, but it gave me enough of an idea of what the show was like to know that I would not enjoy it. I also am not a fan of The Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast and Nemo stage shows. Just not my cup of tea.

If you can make it, it is a great show. After you get there, be ready to be flexible. It seems like something always comes up to change our plans around.

I would venture to say like Robo that most people like the show. I would say it is a must see, at least once. Then you can decide if it is a must see for future trips.

If you like Philharmagic then you will love Fantasmic. It is like Philharmagic in 4-D.

I'm a sucker for the Cavalcade of Disney Characters, I love the parades, and I love Fantasmic and Wishes. Illuminations is a really good show and it gets me misty eyed and gives me the warm fuzzies, but for me it is not a must see.

So it really depends on you individual personality. Different strokes for different folks.

WE wouldn't even think of missing it. It is in fact the ONLY thing we go to the studios for. Everything else is just bleh to us (we hate roller coasters and ToT).

WE wouldn't even think of missing it. It is in fact the ONLY thing we go to the studios for. Everything else is just bleh to us (we hate roller coasters and ToT).

Have you heard about the new Toy Story Midway Mania attraction that just opened at DHS?

Its popularity and reviews have topped even Soarin'... for all age groups.

Fantasmic is great.....with that said there are a TON of great things at WDW.
You cannot possibly see it all. If it dosen't fit in your schedule.....IMO....fuggetaboutit. ;) You'll see it next time:goodvibes
Kerri

We've been to Fantasmic twice and I don't think we will ever go again. The first time I was not impressed but decided to give it another try. The second time we saw it we wound up leaving early. Sorry to those who really like it but I couldn't stand it. Not my cup of tea.

Ive never seen any of them--Fantasmic, Illuminations, Wishes, or Spectro. "Everyone" recommends them all. We generally finish the park at least a couple of hours before they start and are ready to go back to our room by then. We do NOT take an out-of-park break in the middle of the day because DW would never go back. Once she's left, she's left for the day. We always hit rope drop. (although I never found the rope in AK. We were there 30 min before like is recommended, went right in, and by the time we got through the oasis there was no sign of a rope.) So we are tired by the approx. 7:00 that we finish most of the time. We almost stayed for Spectro once.

Fantasmic is a must do. I always say to people going to Disney to try everything once.

I've seen it once, just so I could say I had....no real desire to see it again. Wishes blows it out of the water!

Yes, yes, YES! Fantasmic was my favorite show. The movie bubbles, the fire, the amazing effects, and of course the CHARACTER BOATS made it extra special for my family.

I didn't like Illuminations as much, for some reason. I found it a bit boring compared to the other two shows.

Fantasmic is amazing but not as great as Wishes or Illuminations. The thing that kills Fantasmic is the longgggggggg wait that you have sit through. After waiting 45-60 mins you usually cant wait for it to be over. But yes, I would definately try hard to fit it in, its a great end to the day at the park.

The thing that kills Fantasmic is the longgggggggg wait that you have sit through. After waiting 45-60 mins you usually cant wait for it to be over.

Yogi Berra was right, “That place is so busy that nobody goes there anymore.”

Grown ups really pick Illuminations as the best nighttime show.

QUOTE]

Whew! I guess this confirms that I am not a grown up because Illuminations is my least favorite nighttime show. Of course, that could be because Epcot is my least favorite park. Anyway, if you want my 2 cents - Fantasmic is a must do and so is Wishes. I'll be honest, on my upcoming vacation, I intend to see Fantasmic 2 or 3 times at least. Hope that helps. Either way, have a great trip and don't stress over stuff!

I agree; it's worth seeing at least once. I think I've only seen at once at WDW but see it every time at DL, where I think it is much better. I think your boys would like it at their ages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter