Is Coronavirus affecting your travel plans?

MamaLema

DIS Veteran
I am not one to walk around with a mask or anything like that but we want to go on our first trip to LA in June and are hesitating to book. Not scared of LA in particular, just being in an airport, plane and even crowded attractions.

Things could be way better by then or they could get worse.

5 years ago DS16 was sick for a year with an extremely rare illness. His doctor said he guarantees we won’t find another person like him for the rest of our lives. You just never know.

Anyone else hesitating to travel?

Not really - we’re booked for an overseas vacation in May and we’ve not considered cancelling. Yet. We shall see.

Honestly, I’m more concerned with coming into contact here at home. Myself and my staff have a lot of customer contact and a large Asian/Southeast Asian clientele, many of whom travel internationally often. Heck, it could come from anybody given the mobility of the modern world. There are no reported cases in our city at this point, but it’s only a matter of time.

We have plans to travel to China in late August with ABD. As of now it's a little too far out to already cancel, but it's definitely making me nervous. I'll be interested to see what the ABD action is with the China trips this year.

I am not one to walk around with a mask or anything like that but we want to go on our first trip to LA in June and are hesitating to book. Not scared of LA in particular, just being in an airport, plane and even crowded attractions.

Things could be way better by then or they could get worse.

5 years ago DS16 was sick for a year with an extremely rare illness. His doctor said he guarantees we won’t find another person like him for the rest of our lives. You just never know.

Anyone else hesitating to travel?

I’m going to LA next month. I’m not canceling my plans.

The International Terminal at LAX is separate from domestic. This is unlike ATL, where they’re all connected by a train. I’m going to both next month. Fingers crossed.

I do expect the number of confirmed cases to continue to grow. I doubt it will peak by the time I fly.

A work colleague was on a flight from Calgary to Toronto yesterday and the flight had 48 last minute cancellations

The airline stocks have been diving since this started. The idea is that people will avoid air travel if they can. Remember the airports after 9/11? They were pretty empty when I flew for business.
oh darn. I see. It makes sense. And yes I totally remember airports after 9/11! :oops:

No. I am flying to Florida (Gulf Coast) at the end of February with my 9 and 3 year old. Changing planes twice. We will just make sure we wash our hands and practice good hygiene. We are going on a Disney Cruise out of Orlando in April. Husband and I are going on a Royal Caribbean cruise in August and to Disney after. We are not changing our plans. If we were going to China I might feel differently. We will continue to practice good hand washing practices and have all gotten flu shots. Honestly I am more concerned with the flu than this virus.

Well since i only returned from two weeks in China 10 days ago, it won't be affecting my travel plans. I certainly won't being wandering around in a mask which are next to useless in terms of disease prevention anyway.

I have travel booked in April. I am definitely not considering canceling at this point. However, if I did not already have travel booked, I might be hesitant to book anything just now.

We will see how things evolve and make a determination about our April travel much closer to that time.

It hasn’t affected me yet, but a relative is buying trip insurance for their upcoming trip just in case things worsen.

I flew a few weeks ago up to Alaska and changed planes several times. I wasn’t worried then and I’m not worried when I fly on Monday. I’ll just do what I always do which is wash my hands.

I booked a trip to NYC for DH just yesterday, as he found out on Monday that a relative died very unexpectedly. He's not going to miss the funeral because of the chance of coronavirus. What can you do?

The only one in my immediate family that has any plans is my daughter. She has to fly to a sorority conference next month. As far as I know it’s not being cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter