"I'm Taking a Boat to the Magic Kingdom!" WL - Dec. 2010 (New! 10/6 - Plan/No Plan?)

BrittLeshea

Merry Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! Britt here!

mrpotato.jpg

I've been to WDW tons of times, but this is my first time ever doing a trip report for one, so I'm really excited about it, haha!

My best friend had never seen Disney at Christmas so this was a perfect reason to plan a trip! Everyone should see the World decked out in holiday-style at least once in their lives. During the planning stages, as I was going over the methods of transportation around WDW with the BFF, she was really excited about the possibility of taking a boat from the resort to the Magic Kingdom, but when we checked availability, the rooms were way too expensive and we were having trouble finding availability at Wilderness Lodge (even though we'd managed to before).

A few weeks went by, the trip went undiscussed, and then I checked again. The Wilderness Lodge had rooms available again! :woohoo: We booked the five-night courtyard view Wilderness Lodge a few weeks ago, and now she gets to take the boat to the Magic Kingdom! Whoo! :laughing: I'm excited about it now, too!

I would have been happy staying anywhere, but there have been many times during trips to Orlando when I've gone to the Lodge and just spent time in the lobby. I love it, and I've always wanted to stay there, and come December, I'll finally be able to!

We're definitely going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (just waiting for the dates to drop), and we're going in some festive holiday outfits (hopefully) that my friend is going to make for us. I'm really excited about that, too. The pictures will be awesome!

I'm looking forward to documenting my trip for all of the DISers!

I always get a little worried when heading to Disney with people who aren't as into Disney as I am. I worry that they won't enjoy some of the things that I get excited about and just won't be very enthusiastic about it. I know you can't force anyone to "get it" or "let loose" in the World, but admit it, it's always a little nicer when the person's face lights up when they see all the things that make WDW wonderful for so many people!

Not saying that this experience will be terrible or anything like that, but it'll definitely be different than the time I went with my little brother in March 2010. I've already ruled out meeting lots of characters because it's not something my friend is interested in, but I'm okay with that. Though we are definitely meeting some at the Christmas party!

I know the trip is over seven months away :scared1: but school will be keeping me busy AND I'll be making a two-week trip out to Florida in July and spending a lot of time with the Mouse at that time. :thumbsup2 So I'll be sure to keep you all posted on that, too!

Besides, getting Disney mail makes it so much easier to wait, too:

IMG_1043.jpg
IMG_1044.jpg

I was excited to get this because I'd never seen these little booklets before! Do you only get them when you say that you're celebrating something when you make the reservation? It's really cute and even has a little space in the back to keep track of confirmation numbers! Convenient!

My friend and I are celebrating our 10+ year friendship anniversary. We planned to have a party a year ago to mark the 10 years, but never got around to it. By the time we go, it will have been 12 years (yay!), so that's what we're celebrating! :dance3:

I really want to surprise my friend with a little gift basket when we get there. I checked out the Disney florist website as well as Memories by Betsy. If anyone knows of any other places that make and deliver gift baskets to Disney resorts, that would be great! I've seen a lot of cute things already! I still have lots of time to decide, though :)

Well, I was playing around with some other options on how to surprise my BFF upon our arrival and I found a thread all about custom cakes that Disney makes, but she doesn't like ANY of the flavors available in the sizes smaller than 10'' (Vanilla, Chocolate, Marble... she might like chocolate), and I'm afraid a 10'' would be too big for just the two of us and just not worth the money, so that plan is scrapped. It would have been really cute, though! Back to the drawing board, I guess! :confused3

i am joining in:) I can't wait to hear more about your trip!! I am also thinking of staying at WL in dec! I am thinking about renting points I better decide soon because i heard WL is beautiful during the holidays!! :)

i am joining in:) I can't wait to hear more about your trip!! I am also thinking of staying at WL in dec! I am thinking about renting points I better decide soon because i heard WL is beautiful during the holidays!! :)

Thanks for joining me, haha!!

Oh man, that's one of the reasons I'm also really excited to be staying there! I can't wait to see the big Christmas tree! I'll look like this: :eek:

I always get a little worried when heading to Disney with people who aren't as into Disney as I am. I worry that they won't enjoy some of the things that I get excited about and just won't be very enthusiastic about it. I know you can't force anyone to "get it" or "let loose" in the World, but admit it, it's always a little nicer when the person's face lights up when they see all the things that make WDW wonderful for so many people!

Not saying that this experience will be terrible or anything like that, but it'll definitely be different than the time I went with my little brother in March 2010. I've already ruled out meeting lots of characters because it's not something my friend is interested in, but I'm okay with that. Though we are definitely meeting some at the Christmas party!

I know the trip is over seven months away :scared1: but school will be keeping me busy AND I'll be making a two-week trip out to Florida in July and spending a lot of time with the Mouse at that time. :thumbsup2 So I'll be sure to keep you all posted on that, too!

Besides, getting Disney mail makes it so much easier to wait, too:

IMG_1043.jpg
IMG_1044.jpg

I was excited to get this because I'd never seen these little booklets before! Do you only get them when you say that you're celebrating something when you make the reservation? It's really cute and even has a little space in the back to keep track of confirmation numbers! Convenient!

My friend and I are celebrating our 10+ year friendship anniversary. We planned to have a party a year ago to mark the 10 years, but never got around to it. By the time we go, it will have been 12 years (yay!), so that's what we're celebrating! :dance3:

I really want to surprise my friend with a little gift basket when we get there. I checked out the Disney florist website as well as Memories by Betsy. If anyone knows of any other places that make and deliver gift baskets to Disney resorts, that would be great! I've seen a lot of cute things already! I still have lots of time to decide, though :)
Hi Britt- i am joining in too!! we just stayed at WL in December this past year and it was amazing. You can click on the lime green link in my sig to read that TR if you want.

We will be at BLT for the first time 12/4-12/11 for our first stay at DVC this year! can't wait. i have a PTR started to in my sig if you want to read along.

love these new brochures you got- so cute! I guess as DVC, i won't get that cute stuff now. darn it!

anyhow- on surprising your BF with a basket or something.........the ones disney offers are cute and all, but so pricey. a few years back, we watned to do something nice for my parents, so we actually made our own basket at home and shipped it to the resort. when she checked in, we asked for it and she opened it right there at the front desk! I had actually just travelled to orlando a few months before and so i had picked up some stuff for it- like a re-usable mug from the resort for them, mickey cookies and pretzels, stuffed minnie doll, autograph book and pen, lanyard and pins etc. Plus some other fun disney stuff i found at stores at home or at the disney store locally. it was much more fun that way to build it myself. i even found a mickey umbrella. these days, you can order a lot of WDW merchandise on the disney store website, so check it out- they now carry pic frames, autograph books pin lanyards etc. - all park themed. so i say build your own and ship to WL.

we had no problems shipping there. we actually shipped a large box with diapers and some christmas decorations this last trip and it was waiting for us at check in.

Hi Britt- i am joining in too!! we just stayed at WL in December this past year and it was amazing. You can click on the lime green link in my sig to read that TR if you want.

We will be at BLT for the first time 12/4-12/11 for our first stay at DVC this year! can't wait. i have a PTR started to in my sig if you want to read along.

love these new brochures you got- so cute! I guess as DVC, i won't get that cute stuff now. darn it!

anyhow- on surprising your BF with a basket or something.........the ones disney offers are cute and all, but so pricey. a few years back, we watned to do something nice for my parents, so we actually made our own basket at home and shipped it to the resort. when she checked in, we asked for it and she opened it right there at the front desk! I had actually just travelled to orlando a few months before and so i had picked up some stuff for it- like a re-usable mug from the resort for them, mickey cookies and pretzels, stuffed minnie doll, autograph book and pen, lanyard and pins etc. Plus some other fun disney stuff i found at stores at home or at the disney store locally. it was much more fun that way to build it myself. i even found a mickey umbrella. these days, you can order a lot of WDW merchandise on the disney store website, so check it out- they now carry pic frames, autograph books pin lanyards etc. - all park themed. so i say build your own and ship to WL.

we had no problems shipping there. we actually shipped a large box with diapers and some christmas decorations this last trip and it was waiting for us at check in.

That's a great idea! I'll probably do that! The ones on the florist site were definitely pricey. I briefly considered the Ears for You gift set, but she already has a pair of ears from a previous trip so that was out. I love the DIY idea, though! Now to figure out what to put in it...

Of course I'll check out your TR and your PTR! :)

Itinerary

It's a tad too early to have anything set in stone. Once the dates for the Christmas party are released, I'll be able to put together something more permanent. However, I don't think this will change TOO much.

• Monday (December 13)
  • - Check in at Wilderness Lodge: Since we're planning for a morning flight and early afternoon arrival, the room probably won't be ready yet.
  • - Hollywood Studios
  • -- Spectacle of Dancing Lights
  • Tuesday (December 14)
  • - Animal Kingdom
  • - Magic Kingdom
  • -- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
  • Wednesday (December 15)
  • - Universal Studios
  • Thursday (December 16)
  • - Epcot
  • -- Holidays Around the World
  • -- Candlelight Processional: Probably doing the dining package. Lunch in Morocco and then catching the earliest show, hopefully.
  • Friday (December 17)
  • - Magic Kingdom
  • Saturday (December 18)
  • - Check out! :sad1:

I'm hoping we will be able to hit the parks at rope drop (maybe take advantage of some morning EMHs, if there are any). When I went with my brother in March, I found that we got a lot done in that first hour and it made the day so much easier because we didn't feel like we had to rush to get FPs or beat the crowd anywhere... because there was no crowd! This may not be the case in December, but it's worth a shot!

That's a great idea! I'll probably do that! The ones on the florist site were definitely pricey. I briefly considered the Ears for You gift set, but she already has a pair of ears from a previous trip so that was out. I love the DIY idea, though! Now to figure out what to put in it...

Of course I'll check out your TR and your PTR! :)
we got a huge wicker basket and bought the cellophane stuff to tie over it- you then use a blow dryer to tighten the cellophane around the basket, so it looks all professional too!

here are some of the items we included:
POR reusable mugs
mickey umbrella
dollar store rain ponchos
sunblock
chapstick
mickey luggage tag
autograph book and pen
pin lanyard with pins
small pic frame
snacks/candy (that they could keep in the room or take in backpacks)
bottled water
travel hand lotion
stuffed minnie
mickey hat for dad
travel kleenex and wipes
mickey earrings for mom

really anything she could use on the trip- any sort of travel size items, her favorite lotions/scents, a little backpack or something if she doesn't have one. maybe get some custom matching t-shirts made- there are some cute ones out there on ebay that people will make. i had one made for my son with his name and a pirate mickey on it for like $25.

you iten looks great!!! have you done MVMCP before? you'll have a ball.

my sister and I did a trip about 5 years ago or so- just the two of us and had so much fun. all my other trips are bigger groups, so it was nice just having two of us and being to able to go a little faster if we wanted and not having to coordinate with 5 other people. you two are going to have a magical time!

Now that the dates for the Christmas parties HAVE been released, I had to alter our itinerary a little bit. This is the new one:

• Monday (December 13)
  • - Check in at Wilderness Lodge: Since we're planning for a morning flight and early afternoon arrival, the room probably won't be ready yet.
  • - Hollywood Studios
  • -- Spectacle of Dancing Lights
  • Tuesday (December 14)
  • - Animal Kingdom
  • - Magic Kingdom
  • -- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
  • Wednesday (December 15)
  • - Magic Kingdom
  • Thursday (December 16)
  • - Universal Studios
  • Friday (December 17)
  • - Epcot
  • -- Holidays Around the World
  • -- Candlelight Processional: Probably doing the dining package. Lunch in Morocco and then catching the earliest show, hopefully.
  • Saturday (December 18)
  • - Check out! :sad1:

Magic Kingdom will only be on regular operating hours ONE DAY while we're there, so I'd like us to take advantage of that day. I'm used to going to Magic Kingdom the last day of the trip, but I'm willing to make an exception this time, LOL! As long as I get to see some fireworks before I head back to Louisiana! :banana:

We'll probably go to Jellyrolls one of those nights, too. It's one of my favorite night spots on Disney property and she's never been so we definitely have to make a stop there!

I just heard about Captain EO returning to Epcot in July! I'm really hoping it's still there in December because I definitely want my friend to see it! I remember watching it with my family in 1992, and since I'm heading out to Florida in July anyway, I'll get to see it then! Whoo!

I've been brainstorming what to put in my friend's gift basket. She already has mouse ears and she's not really all that into meeting characters so an autograph book would be out of the question. I know that she really likes the Finding Nemo sugar cookies that they sell in the bakeries, so I may get one of my friends in Florida to pick up a couple of them for me and find some way to sneak them into the hotel room or something. I haven't really thought it through, haha!

What would be good to put in a gift basket for a 24 year old woman?

we got a huge wicker basket and bought the cellophane stuff to tie over it- you then use a blow dryer to tighten the cellophane around the basket, so it looks all professional too!

here are some of the items we included:
POR reusable mugs
mickey umbrella
dollar store rain ponchos
sunblock
chapstick
mickey luggage tag
autograph book and pen
pin lanyard with pins
small pic frame
snacks/candy (that they could keep in the room or take in backpacks)
bottled water
travel hand lotion
stuffed minnie
mickey hat for dad
travel kleenex and wipes
mickey earrings for mom

really anything she could use on the trip- any sort of travel size items, her favorite lotions/scents, a little backpack or something if she doesn't have one. maybe get some custom matching t-shirts made- there are some cute ones out there on ebay that people will make. i had one made for my son with his name and a pirate mickey on it for like $25.

She would KILL me if I got her a plush! I love them, though, haha! I like the idea of the reusable mug. I'm wondering how much time we'll spend at the hotel... it just might be enough time to justify getting one so I may put on of those in there! :)

revised itin is great! i bet Captain EO will be there for a good year or more. i heard it is replacing the honey i shrunk the kids movie. so i bet it will stay for a while!! :)

so no plush, got it! :rotfl:;) you know even the dollar store has some cute disney stuff from time to time- pencils, pens, cards etc. lots of nemo stuff usually. so are you going this summer you said, so you could drop by and pick up some goodies for her while there? you could get the reuseable mug then. maybe car antenna thing? does she drink? what about wine/beer?

revised itin is great! i bet Captain EO will be there for a good year or more. i heard it is replacing the honey i shrunk the kids movie. so i bet it will stay for a while!! :)

so no plush, got it! :rotfl:;) you know even the dollar store has some cute disney stuff from time to time- pencils, pens, cards etc. lots of nemo stuff usually. so are you going this summer you said, so you could drop by and pick up some goodies for her while there? you could get the reuseable mug then. maybe car antenna thing? does she drink? what about wine/beer?

Yep! I'll definitely be scoping out the merchandise while I'm there in July. I'm sure I'll have a lot of downtime to shop around. Good idea about getting the reusable mug at that time! I'll probably do that.

She drinks, but not beer. She does drink wine, but not all that often and I wouldn't even know what kind to get! :lmao: I may put in a couple of snacks from Goofy's Candy. I want to get her a t-shirt, but I don't know if she'd actually wear it. She doesn't wear very many t-shirts, usually knit-tops. I know she might be making a screen-tee with "I'm taking a boat to Magic Kingdom" on it for the trip, though, haha :)

I think the best route to go with her would probably be with snacks... OH! :idea::idea: I know she liked some of the items by Disney Couture. Some of the jewelry! Maybe I could find a necklace, earrings, or bracelet or something. The Pocahontas items are REALLY pretty!

Disney Couture on 80spurple.com

A lot of it is pricey, though, so it would probably just be one thing, but I think she'd like it! She majored in fashion design and wants to open her own boutique someday SO I think if I can find things that mix Disney and fashion, it would be great! :)

Since I don't have a real planning update at the moment, besides the fact that my best friend and I are hoping that the Wishes Dessert Party is offered in December, I thought I'd show some pictures from past holidays at Disney! These pictures are from 2007, just before I moved back to Louisiana from Florida.

brittminn.jpg

Me and Minnie at Animal Kingdom. This was one of the pictures I put in Christmas cards that year!

giselle.jpg

Giselle in the old parade at [what was then] Disney-MGM Studios

dancinglights.jpg

Spectacle of Dancing Lights! Can't wait to see those again!

floral.jpg

Donald, Pluto, and Goofy celebrating the holidays!

labefana.jpg

Me with La Befana in Italy. I think the sun was in my eyes or something because I look really weird, haha!

threekings.jpg

The Three Kings in Mexico

donaldtinsel.jpg

The holiday show at Epcot. I don't think they do this show anymore...? I could be wrong.

goldcastle.jpg

Golden Cinderella castle with icicles. I LOVED the look of the castle in this picture! It reminds me of The Lion King! :)

I'll have some more pictures, soon!

WOW LOVE your pics!!!! now i really have to get my butt there in Dec:) not so sure that is happening this year since i just booked the may trip! I love the picture with you are Minnie!! So Adorable!!! and the castle all lite up is just breath taking!! all of your plans sounds amazing so far:)

I'll probably put up more pictures at the end of the week! I haven't been able to update because the semester is winding down and I've been preparing for finals week. Ack! Wish me luck!

Love your pics as well! so cute- so who is the lady in Italy? is she entertainment- what's she do?

we are hoping they have a WISHES dessert party in December too! I'm with ya on that one!!! :):wizard::santa:

Love your pics as well! so cute- so who is the lady in Italy? is she entertainment- what's she do?

we are hoping they have a WISHES dessert party in December too! I'm with ya on that one!!! :):wizard::santa:

The lady in Italy was La Befana, and she was part of the Holidays Around the World storytellers at Epcot. She was so animated and told the story of La Befana and the holiday season in Italy. It was really interesting. I can't wait to check out Holidays Around the World again! :)

Finals week is almost over! I have one exam tomorrow afternoon and then I'm freeeeeeee (at least until June 9, when summer school starts, haha :lmao:)

I've got some more pictures from holidays past!

n177200207_30976534_9473.jpg

Monkey King (China). One of the storytellers of Holidays Around the World at Epcot

n177200207_31072902_2152.jpg

Gingerbread House at Grand Floridian

n177200207_30707456_7575.jpg

Santa Goofy!

15840_546236736813_177200207_314586.jpg

Window set-up on Main Street featuring scenes from "A Christmas Carol"

n177200207_31072925_8659.jpg

Toy soldiers in the Magic Kingdom Christmas parade

n177200207_31072918_6593.jpg

Goofy bringing up the rear in the Magic Kingdom Christmas parade

n177200207_31100469_6970.jpg

My mom took this picture of us walking toward the tree at Epcot in 2008. It's huge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter