I'm shocked that there is no vegetarian resturants

Rapunzeland

Mouseketeer
Please correct me if I'm wrong but to my understanding their are no vegetarian or vegan restaurants in Disney world. I know every restaurant as an option or a request when booking option but really...not one in the massive park.
Not only are their more vegetarians and vegans (not to mention fussy ones like myself ) than ever but it would make a great place for lactose intolerant people to go.

I dunno it just seems odd to me it would be popular and remove a bunch of stress for people.

I'm not a preachy vegetarian at all I've worked in steak restaurants and chicken fast food venues but I'd like to add that the dis unplugged restaurant reviews could do with reviewing the vege options more often they do it sometimes but yeah just an idea.

EDIT: I t has came to my attention that many people say its because vegetrains are in minority. and fair dos but lets have some fun with ideas of places it may work I'm thinking DCA due to the high population of healthy eaters and vehetarians in cal or Epcot its all about learning about new cultures. Could even mix it with a country theme? India has a lot of vegetarians and I know a town in Belgium as vegetarian day every week.)
what are your fun ideas???

Last edited:
There may be more people that don't eat meat than ever before but they are still the minority.
Disney has to cover the majority.
Giving you at least one option at pretty much every restaurant is a pretty good compromise in my opinion.
That is indeed true but at least where I come from meat eaters are happy to try out vegetarian resturants and are often suprized by how good they are ...There's one restaurant in my town that I went to for Christmas dinner with family they were all very jealous of my vege meal. then again if we are talking majority Maybe California Disney would be a better option for a vegan restaurant in Disney

Yep. Like it as not, majority rules

There's just not enough for an entire restaurant

And you can be served a non meat option at a traditional restaurant but I'm certain a meat eater can't be served a meat option at a vegetarian restaurant. Makes it hard to serve both

Last edited:
Yep. Like it as not, majority rules

There's just not enough for an entire restaurant

And you can be served a non meat option at a traditional restaurant but I'm certain a meat eater can't be served a meat option at a vegetation restaurant. Makes it hard to serve both
via google "More than 140 restaurants operate within Disney World" personally I don't think one would hurt the majority who may be willing to try it. its kind of a poor argument

I can't really see them ever doing an all vegetarian/vegan restaurant. Maybe a QS location, but even then doubtful. It's just not popular enough. I know there are a lot of vegetarians (I was one for 20 years) but there aren't enough to keep this type of restaurant packed the way all of their other restaurants generally are.

via google "More than 140 restaurants operate within Disney World" personally I don't think one would hurt the majority who may be willing to try it. its kind of a poor argument
Have you suggested one to them? If not do so

I eat about half my meals without meat so I'm all for it. My DH wouldn't step near it though. We'd eat sperate meals. Which is what I think would happen in the vast majority of cases and why it would never happen

I can't really see them ever doing an all vegetarian/vegan restaurant. Maybe a QS location, but even then doubtful. It's just not popular enough. I know there are a lot of vegetarians (I was one for 20 years) but there aren't enough to keep this type of restaurant packed the way all of their other restaurants generally are.
yeah it may not get as packed unfortunately maybe if it was in the right location it could work (I was thinking QS Epcot its all about learning about new cultures. Could even mix it with a country theme? India has a lot of vegetarians and I know a town in Belgium as vegetarian day every week.) ( I like thinking of fun Ideas )

Maybe they could try a food booth in Epcot first but I think they would find it not popular enough. I think disney focuses on restaurants majority of people will like and while families can enjoy With options for everyone, including lots of people who like basic burgers and chicken. When they do try restaurants that are different they usually don’t go over that well and they eventually end up changing the menu to basic American eats.

The issue, really, is that Disney rarely open a location now unless they think it WILL be packed. I think Skipper Canteen's been a disappointment. Tiffins may be a bit of an exception, mainly because AK was the only park without a signature.

I think a vegetarian place also has a disadvantage as they push Dining Plans.

I think it's relevant to look at some of what they put on menus at places like Jiko and Sanaa ("can't I order the hamburger at dinner?" is such a common question for Sanaa), and the fact that 'Ohana dinner is one of the most sought-after reservations on campus.

It's a business argument. If Disney thought it would be successful, they would do it.
Good point. I thought maybe it hadn't came to their attention but they are a large company. I come from Melbourne So healthy eating and vegetarianism is part of the culture here so it still seems crazy to me. However remembering back to staying in america with family that served me salad every night maybe its not such a big thing over the pond.

The issue, really, is that Disney rarely open a location now unless they think it WILL be packed. I think Skipper Canteen's been a disappointment. Tiffins may be a bit of an exception, mainly because AK was the only park without a signature.

I think a vegetarian place also has a disadvantage as they push Dining Plans.

I think it's relevant to look at some of what they put on menus at places like Jiko and Sanaa ("can't I order the hamburger at dinner?" is such a common question for Sanaa), and the fact that 'Ohana dinner is one of the most sought-after reservations on campus.
I can see kids being a problem it would be Chips or vege loaded fries or vege pizza for them and some could turn their nose up at that. dining plans I actually see that as a reason why disney would open a vege restaurant ATM their is almost no way a vegetarian can get the money out of them as the meals are usually cheaper for us

Maybe they could try a food booth in Epcot first but I think they would find it not popular enough. I think disney focuses on restaurants majority of people will like and while families can enjoy With options for everyone, including lots of people who like basic burgers and chicken. When they do try restaurants that are different they usually don’t go over that well and they eventually end up changing the menu to basic American eats.

yeah It could go bad and I'd say they could do only vege american eats Mac and cheese, vege pizza, vege burger bubble and squeak but then it wouldn't be a salad restaurant to have in epcot and it wouldn't be worth vegetarians going to

Good point. I thought maybe it hadn't came to their attention but they are a large company. I come from Melbourne So healthy eating and vegetarianism is part of the culture here so it still seems crazy to me. However remembering back to staying in america with family that served me salad every night maybe its not such a big thing over the pond.

That’s it, I’m moving to Australia. :)

Have you ever gone offsite to Sweet Tomatoes? It’s not vegetarian, but they have many choices! And it’s a fraction of the cost of onsite places.

That is indeed true but at least where I come from meat eaters are happy to try out vegetarian resturants and are often suprized by how good they are ...There's one restaurant in my town that I went to for Christmas dinner with family they were all very jealous of my vege meal. then again if we are talking majority Maybe California Disney would be a better option for a vegan restaurant in Disney
Sorry, but I have never looked at a vegetarian meal and been jealous. And I've never been surprised at how "good" they are.

There are too many people that would never even walk into a vegetarian restaurant for Disney to try one.

Edit to add: I am one of those people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter