I'm Ordering a big BLT for Thanksgiving 2010 NEW 12/3 started TR! see link

Your day two plans sound great!!! :banana: I'm glad you worked out the details on your transfer to BLT - it sounds very doable! :thumbsup2

I'm sure Naomi-Ruth will have an GREAT birthday!

I don't know how you have time to keep up with the celebrations & daily updates, but I'm happy to be able to read along! :goodvibes

We've got that game!!!! It took a while for us to figure out how to play but once you learn it it's really fun!

I just might have to put this on my list of things to do this weekend.

the game was given to the kids as a gift, many yrs agao...we love playing and it's nice Naomi-Ruth can play along too...hope you can find a time to play

It's all very exciting! I know the girls are just going to love BBB! I don't remember, is it a surprise? Either way, how awesome to do that and CRT in one day! It's also nice that Matt and Nathan get some "guy time". I'm sure with a girl dominated house, that's extremely important!

no it's not a surprise...but it will be so fun...I am looking forward to it, just hope I can take pictures fast enough, since it will be just me w/ the 3 girls...

LOVE the game night to celebrate 10 days!! And yay for single digits!!! Whoo hoo!!! Day 2 plans look GREAT!! :thumbsup2

thanks Becky...the morning of Day 2...seems to me to be the perfect way to start...I hope my girls love BBB as much as yours :lovestruc

:yay::yay::yay:Single Digits!! :yay:

Hurray for single digits

:banana::banana::yay::yay:

I bet her bday is going to be awesome

:cool1: Single Digits WOOT WOOT!!!! :banana:

Loved the game night pictures!!!!

OOOH the girls are going to have so much fun at BBB!!!

love the single digit dacning all!!!!

and yes this will be one special 4th birthday...

Hello!
I started reading your pre-trip report today and I had to stop by and say we have lots of things in common! I LOVE Disney, you LOVE Disney:cloud9:; I have been 4 times with my children, you have been 4 times with your children:thumbsup2; I have 3 children (2 girls, 1 boy), you have 3 children (2 girls, 1 boy):banana:; my son has autism, your son has autism:hug:; my home is BLT your home is BLT; and finally unless I read something else my husband's name is Matt and your well...you know :laughing:
I hope you have a dream filled trip!
Ingrid

well hi Ingrid and welcome! that is too funny about all the in common things...I actually have 4 children 3 girls 1 boy...but still lots the same. thanks for reading and saying hello...your just in time for the big finish and the trip!

Your day two plans sound great!!! :banana: I'm glad you worked out the details on your transfer to BLT - it sounds very doable! :thumbsup2

I hope it won't have many kinks...

I'm sure Naomi-Ruth will have an GREAT birthday!

thanks...she can't wait!

I don't know how you have time to keep up with the celebrations & daily updates, but I'm happy to be able to read along! :goodvibes

me neither....:laughing: well actually I pre-typed up all the rest of the main posts...

well folks 9 days to Disney went by in a blink of an eye and a little planned Bingo night, didn't actually happen :sad1:...our evening was too busy w/ homework, dinner and then we had the twin parent teacher conferences last night and we were gone awile, when we got home it was time for the little girls to go to bed...hope we can squezze something in tonight for our 8 days till....lots going on again.

But I did manage to get a few more things crossed off my list :banana:

* did online check-in for BLT (couldn't get a room request in though I did do one via the phone awhile back) can't access the system for POP :headache: have tried 4 times....

* finished filling out my CS dining choice sheets

* finalized my Dis meet w/ Jill for our AK day on the 21st we're going to meet up at KS and ride together...should be fun :simba:

* yesterday after Naomi-Ruth's IEP review (which went well...we have some great goals for her and hoping she'll be in the blended class full time before the end of the yr) I made her some picture schedules (using Boardmaker) for our first day of Disney and then a generic version for the rest of the days. (plus I made her a morning/evening routine cards for home)...I'll have to post a pix later

J~

On Sunday, Nov 21st we’ll get WILD at the Animal Kingdom….

We’ll have breakfast for the first time in the Villa and then head over to the TTA to catch a direct bus to the AK. We won’t make pre-park opening since it will open at 8 am…but we’ll still have a great morning.

We’ll stop to take our customary AK welcome sign picture of the kids

100_0897.jpg

100_1527.jpg

100_2604.jpg

Then we’ll make our way up the Oasis to see this

AnimalKingdom-2.jpg

We’ll grab FP’s for Matt’s parents to go on a Safari later in the morning and head over to the FotLK show at 10 am…

After feeling “no worries” and getting chills (the good kind) from the amazing music and show, we’ll jump on board our 2 weeks Safari plus meet Jillyb and her family...DISMEET!

KilamanjaroSafaris.jpg

Up next we’ll explore the Pangani Forest Trail and hope to see these majestic giants

gorilla.jpg

I can smell FTBBQ calling us now as we stop for lunch. Before we head out for the day we’ll do the shopping and take some time to look at the ToL some more.

After a restful break and maybe some swimming back at BLT

Our 6 will walk (I love writing that) over to MK for the rest of the night…while Matt’s Parents will enjoy a quiet night together and dine at California Grill and watch Wishes from the restaurant.

Our MK night will include:

Dinner at CHH
some possible rides
characters and shopping

we’ll take advantage of hopeful small lines during the 1st showing of MSEP and we’ll catch it at 11:00pm

main_street_electrical_parade.jpg

we’ll watch the castle lighting and then Wishes

holidaycastle.jpg

We’ll stay on for the EMH night!

GOALS:

Peoplemover
BTMRR
POC
HM
Buzz
Speedway
Magic Carpets

After dragging ourselves to our beds…did I mention we’ll be walking…a good night’s sleep before Day 4!

Up NEXT: 8 days till Disney countdown celebration and our day 4….

Thanks for reading,

J~​

well hi Ingrid and welcome! that is too funny about all the in common things...I actually have 4 children 3 girls 1 boy...but still lots the same. thanks for reading and saying hello...your just in time for the big finish and the trip!

Oops sorry! I got all excited an counted your girls wrong. :goodvibes plus it was late. Have a magical trip!!

What a wonderful Alice Party!!!!!!

You just reinforce my thinking that God blesses special needs children with very special parents:goodvibes

I think Gabriel would be able to play that Magic Kingdom game.....maybe a Christmas gift idea.:santa:

That picture of the castle is soooo beautiful! I am longing to be there! Now, I'm so excited for you to be there, but I can't wait for you to come back and write your TR!:lmao:

We have that Magic Kingdom game!! We all love to play it, it's been a while though so I think maybe this weekend we'll pull it out for family game night.

Sounds like another great day! I LOVE the FotLK show, it's my favorite!!! I'm betting you'll love the walk over to MK from BLT, can't wait to hear all about it!

Another Magic Kingdom game family here! I'm getting so many great ideas for counting down our trip from you! Sorry your Bingo night didn't work out but I'm sure you don't need to drum up excitement this close to the trip!!

Your AK plans look great - with a bonus DIS-meet!! :thumbsup2

Yay for online check-in!!! :banana: And another YAY for a good IEP meeting! :banana: We have Alex's on Wednesday. They keep saying how well he's doing that I'm nervous they want to take things away... but he's had a bunch of testing done this year so we'll see... :confused3

Oops sorry! I got all excited an counted your girls wrong. :goodvibes plus it was late. Have a magical trip!!

thanks I really hope we do!!!!

What a wonderful Alice Party!!!!!!

You just reinforce my thinking that God blesses special needs children with very special parents:goodvibes

:hug: thanks Carol...I need reminders like alot

I think Gabriel would be able to play that Magic Kingdom game.....maybe a Christmas gift idea.:santa:

try amazon or ebay...you won't see on store shelves it is a great game!

That picture of the castle is soooo beautiful! I am longing to be there! Now, I'm so excited for you to be there, but I can't wait for you to come back and write your TR!:lmao:

let's hope I'll have lots of good stuff to share :goodvibes

We have that Magic Kingdom game!! We all love to play it, it's been a while though so I think maybe this weekend we'll pull it out for family game night.

:thumbsup2

Sounds like another great day! I LOVE the FotLK show, it's my favorite!!! I'm betting you'll love the walk over to MK from BLT, can't wait to hear all about it!

it's actually one of the silly things I am most looking forward to

Another Magic Kingdom game family here! I'm getting so many great ideas for counting down our trip from you! Sorry your Bingo night didn't work out but I'm sure you don't need to drum up excitement this close to the trip!!

I'm not sure the kids really realize how close it is now....hard for me to believe!

Your AK plans look great - with a bonus DIS-meet!! :thumbsup2

yes my first official one :cool1:

Yay for online check-in!!! :banana: And another YAY for a good IEP meeting! :banana: We have Alex's on Wednesday. They keep saying how well he's doing that I'm nervous they want to take things away... but he's had a bunch of testing done this year so we'll see... :confused3

need to get POP one to work and then I'll be all set....thanks and keep me posted on Alex's this week...have stuff to share for Bekah, we'll have to chat "live" when I get home...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

more stuff DONE!!!!!

the packing (clothes and misc) is almost all done...just have a small list of things to put in the bags should be done this weekend w/ that.

Both my Dismeets are finalized :thumbsup2 I'll share my plans for my meet w/ Marshay on my Day 4 plans shorty...

all my Dismeet goodies are ready to go

Ran errands this morning w/ Matt and hopefully got the rest of things I need for the trip
wet wipes
cold medcine (let's hope we don't need it)
disposable containers for Naomi-Ruth's food
batteries
lrger memory card for my phone
TS3 on DVD (airport)
another ls white shirt for me
other food items

BTW Naomi is having a party in her tummy right now :rotfl2:

we are most likely scratching doing the park and ride at the airport and are going to have my brother in law take us on Friday and they will keep our van at their house (they live 20 min from the airport) and then pick us up on the 28th...save us $100 :thumbsup2

On today's to-do list is:

finish carry-on bags
my phone stuff
pre-order Photopass
reload DWC
try to pre-check in again for Pop

and the big thing is prepare for Disney Christmas in the morning (it's a surprise :santa:)

Last night was Memories Night....

100_7017.jpg

yes you'll count only 7 loops I took down the 8th loop then took the picture...duh!

I pulled out all my Disney scrapbooks from our previous trips and the girls enjoyed looking through them.

100_7016.jpg

100_7018.jpg

100_7019.jpg

plus we watched our Disney Photopass movie from our 2008 trip. It is always fun to look back and get even more excited for the new things we'll do!

J~

On Monday, Nov 22nd…it will be TSM or BUST! At Disney Hollywood Studios….

Another breakfast in the villa, before heading off to DHS for the morning. We hope to catch rope drop today…but we’ll see how tired we are from our late night….

DHSlogo.jpg

We’ll grab FP’s for TSM for Matt’s parents and then see if we get the Gangster or Cowboy on TGMR

mgm_movieride2.jpg

my favorite part of the ride!

We may checkout the Backlot tour or head back over to Pixar Place and throw some darts and bust some plates as we take our spin on the Midway.

A Buzz and Woody meet and greet is next on our list!

Then after some lunch, we’ll see what Ariel is up to in the Little Mermaid show.

Based on time we may add a few more things from these options:

Drawing Academy
B&B show
PHDL

We’ll head back to BLT for a quick break and then head back out via a water taxi to the FWC and go check out the horses for Bekah. Plus we have our 2nd DISMEET planned for this afternoon, meeting up w/ Marshay and her family before our dinner ADR's...

We’ll end our day at the HDDR

hoopdeedoo2.jpg

And enjoy this dinner show for the first time!

Late night may include watching Wishes from the Top of the World Lounge or taking a swim. Matt may also do his 1-ride MK night tonight (the park is open till 12 am) and/or maybe a few of us going to see MSEP again...

Up NEXT: our 7 days till Disney countdown celebration and our Day 5 plans….

Thanks for reading,

J~​

You know, it's funny, I never knew that TGMR had a cowboy, I always thought it was just a man or woman gangster.:confused3
I hope Bekah enjoys the horses at FWC, I've always wanted to go there. That'll be one of the things I'll look forward to in your TR.;)
Do you have plans to watch Wishes from the lounge any other night? I think that would be an AWESOME spot to see it!
I can't believe your this close, you are so right that the time flew by!!

Yay for another day closer!! :thumbsup2

Love the GMR, I think we've only gotten the cowboy scene once. :confused: Yay for a DISmeet! Looking forward to hearing about HDDR when you get back. We've never done it but are considering it for June.

Made our VBR ressie today for the end of our June trip so it was kind of a Disney day here too! :goodvibes

You know, it's funny, I never knew that TGMR had a cowboy, I always thought it was just a man or woman gangster.:confused3
I hope Bekah enjoys the horses at FWC, I've always wanted to go there. That'll be one of the things I'll look forward to in your TR.;)
Do you have plans to watch Wishes from the lounge any other night? I think that would be an AWESOME spot to see it!
I can't believe your this close, you are so right that the time flew by!!

yes it seems you either always get the cowboy or the ganster...odd huh?

we have never seen the horse barn and have been intrigued since seeing pix from one of Heidi's trips...Bekah LOVES horses....yes we hope to try and catch Wishes many times from our key viewing spot!

Yay for another day closer!! :thumbsup2

Love the GMR, I think we've only gotten the cowboy scene once. :confused: Yay for a DISmeet! Looking forward to hearing about HDDR when you get back. We've never done it but are considering it for June.

Made our VBR ressie today for the end of our June trip so it was kind of a Disney day here too! :goodvibes

another day closer and another bunch of stuff done...feeling better now, that I may actually get it all done :goodvibes...now if we can all stay healthy :confused:

yes I am really looking forward to HDDR...and :banana: yay for you and making your ressie...I'll be able to make the Oct one in just 4 days...

J~

Your trip is so close! :yay:
I love your plans. HDDR looks like so much fun.
Your children must be so excited.
Were you able to do online check-in for Pop?
I'm looking forward to reading about your experience at Pop. We're trying to decide on a resort for the night before our 10 night reservations starts at BLT next summer. Right now, we're considering 2 rooms at either Pop or one of the Mods, hopefully with a great AP rate.

Hi there Julie! Holy cow, 6 days! The new restaurant at the Old McDonalds in DTD has a bakery with gluten free cupcakes-might be worth checking out for Naomi-Ruth.

Your trip is so close! :yay:
I love your plans. HDDR looks like so much fun.
Your children must be so excited.
Were you able to do online check-in for Pop?
I'm looking forward to reading about your experience at Pop. We're trying to decide on a resort for the night before our 10 night reservations starts at BLT next summer. Right now, we're considering 2 rooms at either Pop or one of the Mods, hopefully with a great AP rate.

they are getting very excitied...Nathan asked last night at dinner when are we going to start packing :rotfl: he must not have been in my room for the past month...."dude your stuff is packed!"

yes got the online to work for Pop last night for our 2 room ressie and the ressie for my inlaws...I did it from an email link from WDWTC...so maybe that is the trick.

I am looking forward to our quick stay there...I'll give you the low down and how well the resort transfer goes. PS thank you again for all your great tips of BLT for us!

Hi there Julie! Holy cow, 6 days! The new restaurant at the Old McDonalds in DTD has a bakery with gluten free cupcakes-might be worth checking out for Naomi-Ruth.

Hi Hedy...thanks for the cupcake heads up...I will for sure go check that out when Matt and I go over there on Friday night :thumbsup2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday was a very productive day after the errands...and I gave Matt is "honey Disney do list"...unfortunately he now has a pile of fix-it's too...Nathan's lanyard, headphones, NE headphones cord de tangle, Rachel's princess crown.....:sad2:

But I was able to basically get all the carry-on bags situated...just a few misc things to figure out.

I called to re-load my Disney Rewards card.

Got online checkin to work for POP

all the fall/Halloween decorations have been put away and it's Mickey Christmas in our living room :santa:

this morning the girls, and boys got their haricuts...I'm going to get my harir cut/color and a pedicure on Tues night :cloud9: I was just going to do my own nails...but they look nasty from the summer and I need a little pamper before the trip.

I also stocked up on $40 worth of cold remedies...no flu , but just about everyone is feeling a little :sick:...lots' of vitamin C and resting!

Today I have mounds of laundry to fold and do plus get the rest of the misc clothes items packed in the suitcases.

J~

On Friday night we played a couple rounds of Disney Bingo...the original plan for this night was suppose to be an Alice In Wonderland night...but considering the little girls' birthday was just the previous weekend...we opted for something else...plus we got a late start to our Disney night, doing more packing, etc....

100_7020.jpg

100_7021.jpg

and the kids needed to get to bed early so Matt and I could get our

Mickey Christmas surprise ready

100_7022.jpg

100_7023.jpg

100_7024.jpg

100_7025.jpg

OK maybe a WTP Christmas

when the kids woke up they asked "why do you have Christmas stuff out, Mom?" :confused3

they were very suprised and truly had no idea.

Here they are opening their presents:

100_7030.jpg

100_7031.jpg

100_7033.jpg

100_7034.jpg

their handmade journals and autograph books

100_7039.jpg

Noami-Ruth's new hat

100_7040.jpg

Rachel's pressed penny book

100_7043.jpg

100_7042.jpg

the twins got new sweatshirts

the girls loved their homemade hairclippies...at first Naomi was like "I don't like that chicken" :rotfl:

100_7044.jpg

plus Bekah and Rachel got their Princess dresses....

100_7052.jpg

Rachel unfortunately was a little disappointed since I had orginally told her I would buy her a Sleeping Beauty dress...but after thinking about and trying it on...she now really likes it.

100_7059.jpg

the sparkle snow white shoes...though don't fit

100_7046.jpg

either girl :headache: and of course are not on the website anymore...Naomi-Ruth is like Mom they will work...hopefully Matt and I can find some shoes for them on Friday after we get down there.

the trading pins were a big hit and everyone was very excited!

100_7053.jpg

100_7054.jpg

100_7056.jpg

it was a great morning and surprise! Matt also made Mickey pancakes

100_7058.jpg

(I found GF, DF, EF, mix for Naomi-Ruth so she got some too....even ate them for lunch too)

J~

On Tuesday, Nov 23rd Rachel will be turning 8 and have a practically perfect Birthday!

We’ll start our day w/ Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter at our 1900 PF 8 am ADR

We’ll check out the HUGE gingerbread house in the GF lobby

gingerbreadhouse.jpg

Before catching the monorail over to the MK for another great day of fun…

Our Goals for this day include:

Jungle Cruise
Buzz
Tea Cups (can’t wait to get pictures of Rachel in her Alice dress on this ride)
A Train ride
HOP

And if time…

COP
HM
Peoplemover
Splash (I’ll be in a poncho)

As well today Nathan will channel his inner Pirate at his Pirate League appt…

Pirates20League2001.jpg

plus another great blog link for you all...

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/06/pirates_league.html

We’ll end our day w/ our "private" Pirate tour guide (Nathan) on a tour of the Caribbean on POC

We’ll walk back to BLT for a short break and change of clothes before grabbing some dinner at the Contempo Café before catching a bus back to DHS to see

osbornelights.jpg

The Osborne Lights….I can’t WAIT!

We’ll try and do a few things we didn’t do on Monday like

NY backdrop (picture of Matt and I)
Drawing Academy/PHDL
And try to allow the kids some time at the HISTK playground

We want to leave before F! crowds let out…should be a great way to end Rachel’s special day.

Up NEXT: 5 days till Disney countdown celebration and our Day 6 plans….

Thanks for reading,

J~​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter