ILLUMINATIONS CRUISES-What they are--How to book--FIND ONE TO SHARE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that the Illuminations cruise only lasts 45 min?? I was told to be at the dock at 7:45 and it would leave at 8:00. The fireworks are not until 9. How does that work???

Hi Disers! I will be cancelling an Illuminations Cruise for Sept 30. If anyone might have a Le Cellier reservation for 2 on Sept 30 to trade for the cruise ressie, that would be great! If not, it's ok...I'm still planning on cancelling (we just found out our 2 year old is very scared of fireworks, and we don't want to terrify him on a boat when we wouldn't really be able to just walk away.) If anyone is interested, maybe we can do a 3 way call, and I can cancel, and you can book it (I don't know if Disney will allow this, but we can always try). :)

I read somewhere that the Illuminations cruise only lasts 45 min?? I was told to be at the dock at 7:45 and it would leave at 8:00. The fireworks are not until 9. How does that work???

Check in is at 8pm
Departure is anywhere between 8:10 and 8:30 depending on your arrival time
IllumiNatios is at 9pm
Not a problem.

Between Thanksgiving and NYE add 1/2 hour to these times.

Does anyone have an Illuminations cruise for 11/1? 3 adults looking for a few spots with other fun folks :)

Thanks!

I saw the minimum no of guest is 4, but there are 2 of us, so we will be looking to fill our boat with people who are willing!

I saw the minimum no of guest is 4, but there are 2 of us, so we will be looking to fill our boat with people who are willing!

This is totally inaccurate. There is no minimum, if you were so inclined, ONE person can rent any of the boats and fly solo (except for the provided Cruise Driver).

This is priceless info., nativetxn! I plan to use this for our next trip, I've always wondered about those people out on the boats, but I never could figure out how to find out more!

Thanks!

This could be a valuable site if you could actually contact these people!

This could be a valuable site if you could actually contact these people!

I live on the West Coast, so calling and booking an Illuminations cruise requires us to get up at 3:45 a.m. to do it. All 3 adults in the party got up and starting calling 90 days from the 1st day of our vacation. The first time, only 1 of us got was able to get a reservation. The 2nd time we tried, all three of us were offered a reservation (which was our preferred date, so we don't have to call anymore:)

So, get up early and have your dialing finger ready, start dialing about 5 minutes before 7:00 a.m. est. Do a practice run so you know the phone prompts. Know what you are going to ask for when the reservation clerk answers. "I'd like a specialty cruise for 8 p.m. on (insert date)." When you do the practice run, go ahead and talk to the reservation clerk and ask her the exact date you can start calling for your reservation. She can also give you current prices and times. They really are very helpful.

I've found this site very helpful. Hope this helps you too.:rainbow:

Just tried to book an Illuminations cruise for New Year's Eve. We have some friends travelling with us this year and we wanted a "special" event for New Year's eve. By the time I got through 7:03am to the cast member, all of the boats were booked, but that's not where I have the beef....

After being told there were no more Illuminations boats left, I inquired about the Wishes cruises, to find that there was, in fact a boat left. I booked it. And then asked of the price. $575 for a cruise on NYE. UNREAL..... These cruises are barely worth the price at the $275 that they are now charging. But $575??? Needless to say, I cancelled the cruise I had booked 30 seconds earlier.

Where does it end????????

Thanks for letting me rant.........

:eek:
Me, when I heard the cost......

Hi, trying to find an illuminations cruise for my Mom's XMAS present. We are addicted to Disney and this is something weve never gotten to do.

Thanks

Jollywarrior

Just tried to book an Illuminations cruise for New Year's Eve. <snip> After being told there were no more Illuminations boats left, I inquired about the Wishes cruises, to find that there was, in fact a boat left. I booked it. And then asked of the price. $575 for a cruise on NYE.

The cruises are always higher on New Years Eve and 4th of July due to the massive additional fireworks and the extremely high demand these two nights.

I have 5 spaces on a illuminations cruise 12/30, if anyone is interested please pm me.Ihave the cruise booked but Ihave put a message in a couple of places. We are a family of 5 dh and myself plus dd1 16,ds 14 and dd2 12.

I will be cancelling 2 wishes cruises in the next day or two, as I have finalized our schedule and gotten the date we really wanted. If anyone is interested let me know, and we can try to transfer it!

DH and I are planning on reserving breathless (or will be attempting to) for Tuesday Feb 10th, looking for one or more couples/ families to share with-
anyone interested? There was no link for Feb yet so I am posting here-
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter